The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Thank you fot he photos Yennie,
Madeleine and Jonas are the coolest young royal couple

Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Wow! Never have we seen photos like this before! Congratulations to both Madeleine and Jonas for their relationship working out like this. I think they will definately marry but probably not until 2008. They are obviously meant for each other.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Oh yes I forgot to say they are so much in love and they look like any other normal couple (minus the bodyguards in tow of course) which is good for them being able to live like any other normal couple for the last four months.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

a new photo of Madeleine in New York. There have been so much news about her lately... for a long time we got nothing and then; bang

The article says Madeleine lives in a apartment on Murray Hill and Midtown East, close to the Un headquarters. Her rent is 5000 dollar a´month. Including a gym, laundry and cleaning service and a buissness center. Not bad

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...825557,00.html

photo by Pontus Höök
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newyork05.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	243585  
Old 05-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

She really likes wearing headbands lately, and i must say that it really suited her. She somehow looks younger & fresher.

I really hope by the time she's ending her intership at UNICEF, we'll get to see pics of her at work, and probably an announcement of a planned unicef visit. Who knows? One can only hope...
Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 AM

He should let her go into the taxi before him. She looks very nice!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
TOTALLY AGREE, HE IS NOT A GENTLEMAN
I was shocked, too as I was brought up rather "old-fashonied". But on thinking about it I realized that you can't judge the situation if you do not know the real circumstances.

If there were bodyguards, it was absolutely proper of Jonas to check out the taxi before he allowed the princess to enter it - after all, it could have been a faked cab. Okay, that's far fetched, but still you never know...
While he checked the cab, the princess was well protected by her bodyguards.

If there weren't bodyguards, he should never have let the princess been unprotected while entering the cab.... It is NYC, after all and they just came back (okay, via some shopping) from a semi-official occassion where it was obviously easy for the media to take pictures. No problem to follow them and try something at a suitable occassion - which Jonas presented in case there were no bodyguards.

But - as I'm convinced there were guards, he behaved even as a "knight in shining armour" - clearing the cab personally instead of letting the bodyguard doing it!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

if there were body guards then she would have to sit in the middle of the seat, so it makes sense. 1 bodyguard in the back with them and 1 in the front with the driver. just guessing but otherwise it does seem rude of him to get in first.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Nobility

I love them. They are so cute.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lore_lore
He should let her go into the taxi before him. She looks very nice!!!
Maybe he didn't want to make her scoot all the way over to the other side.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Courtier

I do agree, they look like a cute couple. But what's up with the pink sweater Jonas?! He may be secure with his masculinity but come on, still, a bright pink sweater? Pick another color Jonas.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Madeleine is NY-kär (its a "wordtrick"; in swedish NY= new and kär = in love)

For the first time princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas shows their love for eachother in public. During a romantic shoppingspree in Soho they couple hugs and kiss. Now Manhattan waits for the engagement

Madeleine has had a busy week. Mom and dad have visit her in New York. Madeleine attended a dinner in the financial quarters and the start of Volvo Ocean Race. Her parents also payed a visit to Madeleine and Jonas´apartment.
Yesterday when the duties were over Madeleine and Jonas went shopping on southern Manhattan. They strolled along Mercer street and went to galleries and little shops in Soho. They cuddled and kissed and the couple has overcome the crisis. Never before have they been so open with their relationshsip and now one question comes to mind; will Jonas propose to Madeleine? Madeleine is to return to Sweden before the summer and rumours says she wants to get engaged in her favourite city New York. Yesterday an engagement didnt seemed far away.

from www.aftonbladet.se / photo by Scanpix
and www.expressen.se / photo by Finn Fons
I like the photos but for aftonbladet to immediately jump to conclusions re. an engagement, jeez.

First of, the "Now Manhattan waits for their engagement" comment. Please. Manhattanites could care less about this. They couldn't be more live and let live.

And then, to expect an engagement just because Madeleine and her boyfriend seem close, come on now. Madeleine's never been shy when it comes to expressing her affection to her love-of-the-moment. Don't we all remember her walking arm-in-arm with whatsisname, that 'bad' boy who had been in trouble with the law?

And anyhow, close M and J may be, they're both snapped while using their respective mobile phones, I mean, they're photographed together while they're on a call each with third parties!

And yes, that preppy pink sweater of Jonas's should go. It does look good, admittedly, but boy oh boy does it make him look like just another preppy trust fund kid..
Old 05-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jonas is perfectly right in getting into the cab first. He can then slide over to the other side and Madeleine does not have to do that. Considering how clean NY cabs are it is a very kind thing for him to do.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I do agree, they look like a cute couple. But what's up with the pink sweater Jonas?! He may be secure with his masculinity but come on, still, a bright pink sweater? Pick another color Jonas.
That's fashionable at the moment, I'm afraid... Hubby bought two shirts in that terrible colour... Seems the princess Madeleine really loves Jonas :)
Old 05-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
She really likes wearing headbands lately, and i must say that it really suited her. She somehow looks younger & fresher.
Just like her mother, the Queen, whom also likes those headbands :) And I agree, they do suit her, and it's nice to see mother and daughter sharing something in their fashion, because otherwise Madeleine and the Queen have very different fashion styles (of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
I really hope by the time she's ending her intership at UNICEF, we'll get to see pics of her at work, and probably an announcement of a planned unicef visit. Who knows? One can only hope...
I hope so too, just as we've seen from Victoria's stints at some offices. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Jonas is perfectly right in getting into the cab first. He can then slide over to the other side and Madeleine does not have to do that. Considering how clean NY cabs are it is a very kind thing for him to do.
I just don't understand why a royal princess needs to take a cab anyway, she should be chauffered around and pampered by her servants, not hailing taxis like some office worker on her way to happy hour - she is clearly lashing out by dating this person and ignoring the privileges of her birthright.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Nobility

I don't know, since the chauffer and pampering servants are paid by tax payers who don't have anything close to the lexury and security Madeleine has, I would think living like a 'normal' person is expected in our times.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
I just don't understand why a royal princess needs to take a cab anyway, she should be chauffered around and pampered by her servants, not hailing taxis like some office worker on her way to happy hour - she is clearly lashing out by dating this person and ignoring the privileges of her birthright.

Is this meant to be sarcastic? Because I hope it is. Perhaps she wants to blend into the crowd while in NYC and the best way to do that is do what other New Yorkers do; hail a cab to go somewhere. She's not above doing what we do when we need to go somewhere. I applaud her for not being pretentious and for acting like a normal person out shopping with her boyfriend.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Courtier

I agree I too applaud Princess Madeleine for behaving like any other normal person. If she were to be chauffered everywhere then she would be accused of being a spoilt brat like she has done in the past by the media.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Nobility

I was just wondering if the cab driver knew who he was driving around?

Tags
new york, princess madeleine, unicef