The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Funny how Carl Philip is nowhere to be found when Emma is around.
The party on Thursday was a girls party, and on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The party on Thursday was a girls party, and on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.
It's more understandable that Victoria and Daniel wasn't there Friday as they have a young child, Carl Philip doesn't have that kind of excuse, or do you mean that Madeleine doesn't think her brother is one of her close friends? Or is it Carl Philip who doesn't see Madeleine as a close friend anymore?

Old 06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
It's more understandable that Victoria and Daniel wasn't there Friday as they have a young child, Carl Philip doesn't have that kind of excuse, or do you mean that Madeleine doesn't think her brother is one of her close friends? Or is it Carl Philip who doesn't see Madeleine as a close friend anymore?
Just if one sibling isn't coming or isn't invited doesn't mean they can't be close friends too. But first and foremost they aresiblings. Not friends. So if Madeleine choose not to invite her siblings or if her siblings choose not to come is not a drama. It's read way to much in all this things IMO.

I'm very good friends with my siblings too, but when they decide to throw a party only for their closest friends I and the other sibling wouldn't be invited just like they wouldn't be invited if I choose to celebrate only with my closest friends. That wouldn't mean anything bad. Just that they or I choose to celebrate with FRIENDS and not with FAMILY. Even if family members are a mix of family and friends.

Longs statement short: Neither Victoria (and Daniel) nor Carl Philip need an excuse (especially one that needs to be made public) for not attending their sisters party. And Madeleine doesn't need any excuses if she decides to not invite them to a party where only her closest friends are invited. That would be completly idiotic IMO. And to be honest, I don't think all three of them even think about this as a big drama that is made out of this by the press or in some internet forums.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Funny how Carl Philip is nowhere to be found when Emma is around.
Well, that's it, isn't it. There's a back story on that one!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine of Sweden excludes her stripper 'sister in law' from her birthday party

Magdalena de Suecia excluye a su cuada stripper de su fiesta de cumpleaos
LOL! I almost snorted tea through my nose from laughing....GO MADELEINE!!

And enjoy your birthday!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since we saw Madeleine and Carl Philip having a good time just a month ago in New York, their relationship seems to be just fine.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

lehtikuva gallery of Madeleine's birthday
Prinsessa Madeleinen 30-v synttärit - Strandvägenin kekkerit | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Nobility

why Louise Gottlieb's didn't marry her boyfriend Gustaf Thott they were together for many years
Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to MTV3, which is quoting Aftonbladet, the whole royal family celebrated Madeleine's birthday yesterday evening at eight o'clock at the Haga Palace. Also Sofia Hellqvist attended the party.
Carl Philipin Sofia pääsi sittenkin Madeleinen juhliin - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

Madeleine, Chris and Zorro had a walk with king Carl Gustaf at the Drottingholm park on Sunday afternoon.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...39441971188567
Acconding to Aftonbladet's reporter Chris was driven away at five o'clock in a car with a driver, it's possible that he had to leave back to New York.
Madeleine left a little later to the city.
In the evening Victoria and Daniel had invited all to the Haga Palace to Madeleine's birthday party, the king and the queen came from Drottningholm. Madeleine, Carl Philip and Sofia arrived at one car together.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Since we saw Madeleine and Carl Philip having a good time just a month ago in New York, their relationship seems to be just fine.
My comment was not about the relationship between Madeleine and Carl Philip, it was regarding your formulation here:
Quote:
on Friday the party was for the closest friends, obviously Victoria and Daniel didn't attend either.
It made it sound as if Madeleine's siblings could not be regarded as her friends as well as being her siblings.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine von Schweden: Intime Feier mit ihren Liebsten - BUNTE
Prinzessin Madeleine: Geburtstag ohne das Volk - News auf Gala.de
Old 06-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Madeleine of Sweden celebrates her 30 th birthday at home with her boyfriend, her family and friends always
Magdalena de Suecia celebra su 30º cumpleaños en casa junto a su novio, su familia y sus amigos de siempre

Google Translate
Old 06-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Courtier

In my opinion it´s her right to celebrate her birthday like she wants.
But I think it´s just another step in stepping out of the limelight.
Probably there are plans to exclude her (on her wish) slowly from the royal house to be free to live a life in NY without being critisized .

I had the feeling at the christening already when she was sitting apart and wasn´t included in one official picture and now she isn´t celebrating her birthday officially.
It´s just my opinion.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Madeleine celebrates her 30th birthday - hellomagazine.com
Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I think Madeleine is doing the right thing with celebrating her birthday in private, there are no reason for her, nor for Carl Philip, to have their birthdays celebrated officially.
Exactly right. It is not an event like Queen Elizabeth's 60 years on the throne. It is another birthday. Besides, she is not the crown princess and she has a right to some privacy.

Tags
birthday, princess madeleine