Princess Madeleine's 18th Birthday: June 10, 2000

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
She did not have a big ceremony as her sister, but there is a lot of pictures of her on her birthday and the days around, her is a few of them

Pictures from IBL

Do the other royal familys also have a offical 18th birthday?

Serafimerorden

----

picture from www.corbis.com

did she make a speach at this day?

--------

--------

--------

--------

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,380
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5,786
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 867
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,054
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,975
Last edited by a moderator:
did she make a speach at this day?
Yes, she did. She spoke to her father, kinda like the speach Victoria held at her 18th birthday

Do the other royal familys also have a offical 18th birthday?
I think it´s different depending on what country, f.ex. Prince William of England had his "big day" on his 21st birthday on June 21st 2003

Does anyone have that speech?
How come they only speek to their dad...what about their mom!?

I think its because he is the King and head of state. Their mother is not...

Originally posted by Helen88@Sep 4th, 2003 - 2:00 pm
Does anyone have that speech?
How come they only speek to their dad...what about their mom!?
The whole thing is about the prince/princess now beeing able to aid the King in his office, it is he, not the queen, who is the head of state. So when Victoria future children will have their 18:th birthday, they will adress her as the reigning Queen ( or King Carl Gustaf if he is still alive).

Sorry, but I don´t have the speach, I don´t even know what she spoke about

Hm, okay!
Still, I think she should have thanked her mom too ;) But I think she did in private...

But I think she did in private...
I´m sure she did =) This was just a formal celebration, and the fact is that her father is the King, and therefor has a higher rank than queen Silvia

was this the first time she did something as a princess?

If one don't count the national day

In the first pictures posted in this topic all the "royal women" are in a pale shade of blue... is there any certain reason for that... or was it just accidental??

Originally posted by kittencrews@Nov 26th, 2003 - 4:18 am
In the first pictures posted in this topic all the "royal women" are in a pale shade of blue... is there any certain reason for that... or was it just accidental??
I have no idea, never saw thta before you said it

www.aftonbladet.se

from the privite party

www.aftonbladet.se

www.aftonbladet.se

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,885
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,441
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,516
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 761
Awww, Mr. Collert in a kilt. As much as I know, he´s in a kilt-club...Yennie has a pic of this club in one of her yahoo-groups, I will go and search for it...
To be honest, (IMO!) Daniel I Collert had much more style than Daniel II Westling (with his trucker-caps. I hope I didn´t offend anyone, who likes such caps)

Here it is...just men, and only Victoria as cock of the walk (or better said "Hen of the walk" ;) )

Attachments

• cock.jpg
    cock.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,270
Yes, very good, Lena. Recognizing gender in English words. See, your English is just fine.

think this was just a few years back

Is it Collerts Girl friend that looks like Madeleline?

And is the picture of Victoria with the sward real
if so where is it from what magazine

Yes, Daniel Collerts girlfriend Josefine Davidson looks alot like Madeleine....

That "oldtime" picture is real. Its of Victoria with the members of the McRobson order. A group of Victorias friends who founded a "group"... it doesnt mean anything, its just for fun.
The pic was posted in several magazines some years ago.
But the original picture is hanging on the wall of an café owned by a friend of both Victoria and Daniel Collert. I dont remember who it was, but it could be Lina Tham...?

What is she holding? Is it important?

Attachments

• 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,568
I would say that she's holding the gift from the Parliament on that pic.

She is very Pretty (ok ill admit I have a crush on her)

was the 18th birthday the first one to be celebrated official?
Later on it was 25 also

Does anyone have any videos of this?

I wonder what or how the 18th birthday will be for estelle.
Victoria, Madeleine and carl Philip got their order at their 18th birthday but estelle got hers at her christning

I wonder what or how the 18th birthday will be for estelle.
Victoria, Madeleine and carl Philip got their order at their 18th birthday but estelle got hers at her christning

Estelle's will likely be similar to Victoria's with a ceremony in the state hall where she wears the order for the first time since the christening, gives a speech and promises to be loyal to the swedish constitution and serve the royal family and Sweden as best as she can.

The 18:th birthdays for siblings/cousins to Estelle will probably be like a normal birthday.

:previous: Dad and Princess Lilian look serious, Mom smiles and looks proud but while it is obviously a solemn occasion, Victoria can hardly contain her famous smile, clamping her lips together and looking so chuffed you'd think she won a prize! A hint of her famous grin to come.

Back
Top Bottom