Princess Madeleine, Picture Thread Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty picture, except I'm not a fan of so much blurring. Only Princess Madeleine's face is sharp. Blurring already starts at the neckline and the King's portrait isn't clear.

Thank you LadyFinn for sharing the photo, I rather like it! It's fresh and modern feeling. Madeleine has beautiful eyes.

Pretty picture, except I'm not a fan of so much blurring. Only Princess Madeleine's face is sharp. Blurring already starts at the neckline and the King's portrait isn't clear.

As an amateur photographer myself, to me the blurring looks like it was just how the camera focused when the photographer took the photo. Since Madeleine is the main subject of the photo, the photographer probably wanted her face to be sharper than the background to focus more on her. I have a DSLR camera and when I take portraits and other photos, I've noticed that the same thing happens, and I actually rather like this effect. The main object that I want to photograph is sharper than the background, which blurs or goes out of focus.

Last edited:
She is certainly a beautiful woman, glad to see the glow of happiness onher too, motherhood suits her

Those are nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Do they do school finishing every year in Sweden? Where I live it was only a big deal at senior graduation

Those are nice pictures, thanks for sharing. Do they do school finishing every year in Sweden? Where I live it was only a big deal at senior graduation
Yes, its a standard at the end of the school year in June. Its usually a gathering with students, teachers, relatives in many cases with speeches, singing of traditional songs & hymns. The venue is often in churches, the schools assembly hall or if the weather allows outside. Theres been an ongoing debate for a few years about the religious element of the "ceremony".

Madeleine is a very pretty woman, and even if it's nice to see a new photo, I don't think that it shows the best of her (including clothes, light, personality and other factors). I hope she can come back to Sweden this summer and that we will see better pictures of her.

Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergstrom:

Back
Top Bottom