Princess Madeleine, Picture Thread Part 1: December 2002 - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok i know the new rule not to add pictures but to post as links. Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be nice if we allow to post just one picture (the best picture) for every event- just so we can have a preview. Then if we want to view more pictures, that is the rest of the pictures for that event, that's when we add the link.

Here's a picture of Princess Madeleine during a dinner last Feb 12, 2003. For more pictures, go to ibl.se, polfoto & iml.

I agree with you nouwrein. good idea!
Its so annoying whit those links...
btw, how long is this going on? With the pictures I mean... a month?

Both Victoria and Madeleine looked great at that dinner. I love the dresses!

Is a bandwich probleme in the site and any pic small or biger can send the site down. I agre with your ideia but it semes the problemes are very bigs. Well, maibe some of the responsables can help you more.

Again, as a reminder, please do not post pictures directly to LTR. Provide the link.
Even if it is one of the best pictures of the event (I have to agree, that was a very nice picture. Could you provide the link?)

Originally posted by Yennie@Feb 17th, 2004 - 6:47 am
I agree with you nouwrein. good idea!
Its so annoying whit those links...
btw, how long is this going on? With the pictures I mean... a month?

Both Victoria and Madeleine looked great at that dinner. I love the dresses!
I'm sorry that the team members and myself have been a big vague about this and have not addressed this issue of images as links fully. This is going to be a regular occurence as we have a very large membership and with so many photo agencies available, lots of terrific pictures to view, especially with all the exciting upcoming royal events. (Although even the day to day royal happenings are exciting for us, too!) And the more pictures that are posted, and the more members view them, whether it is the number of members viewing them or the number of views by a single member of the pictures, that all drains our bandwidth.

Essentially, our choices are to allow members to post images directly to the forum and face a temporary shutdown at the middle or end of each month or encourage our members to post images as links and enjoy the forum problem free the whole month.

I know that it's a big change for all of us, for me, too. But we don't really have a choice about this.

If you have further questions or would like to discuss this further, please send me or another team member a PM. For now, let's get back to enjoying pictures of Madeline.

Alexandria

Thanks for clearing that up Alexandria! This whole photo issue have been a little confusing :p

I like the dress Madeleine wore at that wedding...looks great on her!

I love Madeleine´s expression in this photo.

Photo

its time to close this thread and i hope we all meet up at the next one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, nouwrein! They're great. I can't wait to see what she wears to the wedding!!

Article
picture
The message of this article can be summarized easily: Beautiful SUNTANNED Madeleine stole the whole show through her lovely appearance at the wedding.

No doubt, she was lovely, but IMO it´s a shame that Aftonbladet mentions two times the word "solbränd" (I thought firstly that this means "sun-burnt" ;) -but it just means "tanned"). Other people and Madeleine herself could start to think that her tan was the reason for her lovely look. Ok, the colour of the dress wouldn´t have fit to an extreme pale woman (esp. with the blonde hair), but her skin was simply too much tanned!
I bet in the USA people could try to sue Aftonbladet (if there would be an "Aftonbladet") "You´ve claimed that a tanned skin is lovely, now I´m suffering from skin cancer" :p ;)

I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't think the tanning looks too overdone. Not to say that I think she has ot continusously go like she does, but I think that it looks ok. She looked beautiful at the wedding. I just really hope that she doesn't get skin cancer when she's older.

I agree, Madeleine´s tan is ok...if it had been in the middle of the summer! She has this super tan all year round. so its just so obvious that its fake.
thats what bothers me.
and ofcourse, the risk of her getting skin cancer. altough that is none of my buisness really :p

Originally posted by Yennie@May 18th, 2004 - 10:18 am
I agree, Madeleine´s tan is ok...if it had been in the middle of the summer! She has this super tan all year round. so its just so obvious that its fake.
thats what bothers me.
and ofcourse, the risk of her getting skin cancer. altough that is none of my buisness really :p
Showed some photos from the wedding to a friend of mine who is not a watcher and I told her that was Madeleine after she noticed Victoria nearby. Anyway, she said that she thought that Madeleine really should cut back on the tan and that it does not look good on her and that skin cancer...

Anyway, boo-hoo on the Aftonbladet for saying that her suntan made her better-looking. Anyway, the dress and her made her look great but she did not steal the show. That would have been Märtha Louise or Mathilde or Letizia or Maxima.

I don't know Dennis-there were loads more photos (that I saw) of Madeleine at the wedding then there were of the others you mentioned...I think Letizia may have been the only one who could possibly "compete" with show stealer as far as that goes...

Also on the tanning note, I don't think Madeleine is too tan, I think it looks unnatural in the middle of the winter, but plenty of women look like that on a regular basis.

I hate it, when national papers write that their princess has stolen the show (or sometimes even the international press does it) at a big Royal event. I mean isn´t it clear, that it was the "show" of Frederik and Mary? People weren´t there to watch Madeleine and I further doubt that the one or another Royal guest had to think about the style of Madeleine all the time :p

And I agree with Yennie. The problem wouldn´t be the tan, if we would have the middle of the summer in europe, of if she would have been on holiday abroad, but this "solarium-tan" just looks fake. IMO you can see it, if a people were on holiday or if they were on "tanning bed-beach" ;) The tan looks different...more orange and less "regular"

Originally posted by Lena@May 18th, 2004 - 11:26 am
I hate it, when national papers write that their princess has stolen the show (or sometimes even the international press does it) at a big Royal event. I mean isn´t it clear, that it was the "show" of Frederik and Mary? People weren´t there to watch Madeleine and I further doubt that the one or another Royal guest had to think about the style of Madeleine all the time :p
Yes, good point. And that is a problem. Guests are not supposed to steal limelight away from the bride. It is wrong of a paper to say that in such a public way then. People may have their personal favorites though but the star of any wedding should be the bride.

I think that the tan must be fake on this occasion because it was her fathers Birthday only 2 weeks before the wedding and she was not tanned then. So unless she tans very quickly in a matter of 2 weeks from only a few tanning sessions she must have had fake put on.

I think that one of the family members (maybe older sister Victoria) should try to talk to Princess Madeleine and explain that it's not good for your skin to use the solarium too much, or get too much natural sun (direct sun)- because if she keeps this up - it will eventually “destroy” (a lot of wrinkles, bad skin, age quick etc.) her skin. Not to talk about the risk of skin cancer.

Personally, I think the signs are already appearing. Like for example on those pics that were taken on The King's birthday, you could see on Madeleine's face (the individual pics of her) that her skin is not feeling well, it looks like it's already aging to fast – and it's quite an evident change from before. And last weekend at the Danish Crown Princely wedding, she must have used the solarium – it’s like no way she could have gotten that tan that fast – even if her skin type might react to sun fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom