Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would be a nice gesture if she turns up at the Te Deum today as an unannounced guest.
The Queen is back in Sweden, so Madeleine could have hopped onto the (private?) jet with her mom.
Kids can come later with Chris and/or the nanny.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Nice surprise, an update to the calendar, Madeleine attends on next Sunday 5th June at Järvsömässan (a folk music mass for musicians) with Järvsö Church choir at the Hedvig Eleonora church in Stockholm.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Järvsö is at Madeleine's duchy Hälsingland.

Maybe she is attending because at that time she will be in Sweden for Leonore's first official engagement...

Nice surprise, an update to the calendar, Madeleine attends on next Sunday 5th June at Järvsömässan (a folk music mass for musicians) with Järvsö Church choir at the Hedvig Eleonora church in Stockholm.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Järvsö is at Madeleine's duchy Hälsingland.

I have known it for a while since I am one of the sidesmen in Hedvig Eleonora Church ;)

It's nice that she will be doing something connected to her duchy, close to the national day. Hopefully that will become a yearly tradition.

Maybe she is attending because at that time she will be in Sweden for Leonore's first official engagement...

And because she is attending the national day celebrations the day after :)

Last edited:
I have known it for a while since I am one of the sidesmen in Hedvig Eleonora Church ;)

It's nice that she will be doing something connected to her duchy, close to the national day. Hopefully that will become a yearly tradition.

And because she is attending the national day celebrations the day after :)

Yeah, right.

You should gives more behind the scenes details if you are so in the know...:lol:

Haha, i'll write what happened in the church when sundays activities are over :)

Today Princess Madeleine is scheduled to attend a service with folk music at hedwig eleonora church. The service starts at 11 according to website of the church.

Today Princess Madeleine is scheduled to attend a service with folk music at hedwig eleonora church. The service starts at 11 according to website of the church.

I believe the Folk Music Concert starts at 17:00 not 11:00.

Last edited:
The concert starts at 17.00, but Madeleine attended at the folk music mass which started at 11.00, like Baron Brockdorf wrote.
Hedvig Eleonora församling
http://hedvigeleonora.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/3000-17754-HedvigEleonora-70x155-Svd-160604.pdf

Madeleine today
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGRatRbRSQV/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

Thank you LadyFinn for the correction.
More Photos from Getty
Princess Sweden Jarvsomassan Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

Its indeed nice surprise seeing princess Madeleine doing something connected to her duchy. Hopefully she will soon return from the parental leave and we will see her more often taking on royal engagements (although after seeing Leonore at the Friday events I'd say its fulltime job to look after that girl :lol: ).
I really love Madeleine's blue dress. Great color and fit.

Edit: an update to the calendar: princess Madeleine will attend World Childhood event next Tuesday, June 7.

Last edited:
Did she attend the mass too? With that dress?

I, too, thought it "finally" when the royal court announced Madeleine's engagement. She said that thi summer her family is going to spend more time in Sweden, so hopefully she will undertake few engagements.

Are they headed back to London soon?

LaRae

I, too, thought it "finally" when the royal court announced Madeleine's engagement. She said that thi summer her family is going to spend more time in Sweden, so hopefully she will undertake few engagements.

Yes the Princess did attend the mass. It was an honour for us who works in Hedvig Eleonora Church during sundays to welcome her. And i'm so happy for our other prominent guests too, the Church choir and folk music players from Järvsö who got a lot of well earned media coverage. The folk music mass from Järvsö is a fantastic piece of liturgical music, chorales and gånglåtar (walking tunes). Princess Madeleine looked very happy during and after the service. But most of all, even if she looks very good on pictures, she looks even better in real life. And she is a very nice and humble woman.

Hans-Rickard, lucky you that you got to see her in real life :flowers:
I have to admit that I did not use to like princess Madeleine very much (gossip media liked to label her as spoiled brat and I guess that biased my attitude towards her) but now that I've followed Swedish Royal Family several years, I really enjoy seeing her around. She seems to be more confident and she shines with inner happiness that makes her look even more beautiful and charming. I have a feeling that changing partners and becoming a mother has changed her quite a lot and she looks indeed like a very nice and humble woman.

Last edited:

I'm curious - is there something inappropriate with that dress? You may or may not like the print, but to me it looks like an average dress that any woman here could put on when she goes to church.

I'm curious - is there something inappropriate with that dress? You may or may not like the print, but to me it looks like an average dress that any woman here could put on when she goes to church.

Well, let's say that I prefer something that covers a little more... It may be a cultural thing, and maybe I'm seeing things with an educated catholic eyes...

Covers what more :ermm: The dress is knee length, its not showing any cleavage. Do you require a floor length, wrist length dress in summer?:ohmy: I am catholic as well and I don't get at all what is in appropriately uncovered. It would even meet the Vatican requirements (for tourists).

Covers what more :ermm: The dress is knee length, its not showing any cleavage. Do you require a floor length, wrist length dress in summer?:ohmy: I am catholic as well and I don't get at all what is in appropriately uncovered. It would even meet the Vatican requirements (for tourists).

I'm not making any fuss about it really, I just responded to a quote. It's not a big deal to me, I would have only worn something different both in print and style for a mass. That's all.:ohmy:

Yes the Princess did attend the mass. It was an honour for us who works in Hedvig Eleonora Church during sundays to welcome her. And i'm so happy for our other prominent guests too, the Church choir and folk music players from Järvsö who got a lot of well earned media coverage. The folk music mass from Järvsö is a fantastic piece of liturgical music, chorales and gånglåtar (walking tunes). Princess Madeleine looked very happy during and after the service. But most of all, even if she looks very good on pictures, she looks even better in real life. And she is a very nice and humble woman.

Thank you for your view! You were lucky to meet her then!:flowers:. :flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not making any fuss about it really, I just responded to a quote. It's not a big deal to me, I would have only worn something different both in print and style for a mass. That's all.:ohmy:

Well, let's say that I prefer something that covers a little more...

This is what I am asking about. What was not covered enough for you? This statement says nothing about print.

No. I simply struggled to understand how a knee length dress showing no cleavage was too revealing. And you were avoiding my question. Thanks for answering it this time :ermm:

No. I simply struggled to understand how a knee length dress showing no cleavage was too revealing. And you were avoiding my question. Thanks for answering it this time :ermm:

Just quote my post next time. Maybe I expressed my opinion in a weird sentece. When I'm too tired or in a rush I tend to just write what it comes out of my mind. Let's say this: I just wish Madeleine had put on a different outfit. Okay?:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom