Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And also a ThankYou posting by Madeleine announced via her Facebook:

http://thankyou.org/blog/the-thankyou-team-princess-madeleine/

To me, it looks like a carefully planned strategic move to slowly announce her permanent relocation to NYC and life as a RH instead of a member of the SRF.

Of course, she has every right to do so. I just feel sorry for her that it seems that she needs to use the Childhood Org as an excuse to justify her ongoing presence in NYC.

Even if she does permanently reside within NYC, I'm not all that familiar with Swedish Law on this subject, however, with her daughter titled, wouldn't she at some point need to resided within Sweden?

Even if she does permanently reside within NYC, I'm not all that familiar with Swedish Law on this subject, however, with her daughter titled, wouldn't she at some point need to resided within Sweden?

Yes, it was said that Leonore has to live and do her education in Sweden if she is to remain in the line of succession, meaning they would have to move to Sweden on a permanent basis in five years, when school starts.

Princess Madeleine posted this photo on her facbook page
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMa...6508567153255/464889723648470/?type=1&theater

Does anyone know if that sign is new and where it is? Is it a co-incidence or was it put up purposely for Princess Leonore...Im beginning to wonder if its on Gotland, Leonore's Duchy.

"Prinsessan Leonores promenad" is a path in Borgholm. Borgholm gave it to Leonore as a christening present, like they gave "Prinsessan Estelles promenad" to Estelle.
Leonore får egen promenad i Borgholm - P4 Kalmar Sveriges Radio

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine added a new photo to her Facebook page yesterday
https://m.facebook.com/PrincessMade...1411062360./490009647803144/?type=1&source=54
To me it looks like Djurgarden, in Stockholm ....can anyone identify the place?

There are comments at her Facebook that it is from the Drottningholm Palace park. Could be this place from the other direction, this is from the Royal Court Website.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18....15710/DRH-park-vårbild-bro-KH-stl-390-262.jpg

Margareta Thorgen from the press department said to Expressen, that Madeleine cancelled her attendance at the Opening of the Parliament, because to make several long trips in a short time is obviously stressful for young children.
Princess Madeleine and the family are in the United States. There has been an extensive program in USA with Childhood. Therefore, Princess Madeleine's family remains in the United States.
Are any of them sick?
- No, everyone is healthy, but making several long trips in a short time is obviously stressful for young children.
Has there been anything in the program in the United States, when they changed the plan so here Close by?
- No, it's all about logistics.
Madeleine ställer in – åker inte till Sverige Nyheter Expressen

It just surprises me that they don't have the ability to think these kind of things before they put events at the official calendar.

It just surprises me that they don't have the ability to think these kind of things before they put events at the official calendar.

Yes, me too! And when Leonore gets a bit older, it should be possible for Madeleine to fly to Sweden for a few days and leave Leonore with Chris.

Was Chris seen at the Global Citizen Festival as well? He was not on the official agenda but since this was such a big event in NYC it could be he was there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Expressen about Madeleine cancelling her attendance at the Opening of the Parliament
Princess Madeleine will not participate this year. Work on Childhood takes too much energy, and the journey is also considered too bothersome for small Leonore. She stays in New York, where she was seen last weekend stroll in Central Park with Leonore and mom Silvia. Since Madeleine moved to New York, she has found it difficult to schedule commitments in Sweden. Lately, she has just participated in one official arrangement, according to the court's calendar: a dinner in conjunction with the Polar Prize Award Ceremony. Previously, she has been criticized because she stays away from Sweden.
Former Speaker Thage G. Peterson usually sits at the same balcony as Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip at the opening:
- It's sad that she's not there. The Constitution says that the head of state opens the Parliament. Who he has with him, that he determines himself. Princess Lilian had not always strength to attend, and then she didn't.
Child psychologist Anneli Gyllenborg Lundh thinks every parent herself must decide when it is right to go back to the chores.
- It is very individual how it works. Children are also different. It's all about your own priorities. If you want to prioritize you parenting, you have every right to do so.
Court expert Carl-Erik Grimstad thinks that it is a European trend to do like Madeleine and create your own life. Prince Joachim and Princess Märtha Louise do it too.
- Before it was vitiated by duty to belong to a royal family. It is not an issue today. Her generation takes the duty very easy. In Sweden there is not a lot of royal power left. Then it becomes obviously more important to keep up the traditions, says Grimstad.
Mia Sydow Mölleby, chairman of the Republican Association, thinks that the tradition should be broken. Unless the royal family maintains it's traditions, it's popularity will be eroded, she believes.
- I find it strange that the royal family attend the opening of Parliament. Each time you break the traditions there is the possibility that they weaken. And it's not like I think that is a disadvantage.
Maddes uppdrag i Sverige Inställt Nyheter Expressen
Translation

she is still criticised for nothing I see... The journey is long.. it's nto about 1-2 hours of flying even if she would travel in first class... Going forth and back in a limited time can be stressful for a baby... She made the best decision IMO

But Madeleine could have returned to New York a little earlier, right after her work events with Childhood ended in Sweden on 9th September, and return now to the Opening of the Parliament.
The most surprising thing in all this is that her name was put to the calendar to attend at the Opening of the Parliament. Can't the court personal or Madeleine think these kind of logistical problems before they announce her attendance?

But Madeleine could have returned to New York a little earlier, right after her work events with Childhood ended in Sweden on 9th September, and return now to the Opening of the Parliament.
The most surprising thing in all this is that her name was put to the calendar to attend at the Opening of the Parliament. Can't the court personal or Madeleine think these kind of logistical problems before they announce her attendance?

I think it's not the first time we see that the press cour lack of organization

Was Chris seen at the Global Citizen Festival as well? He was not on the official agenda but since this was such a big event in NYC it could be he was there.

So yes, he was there, see a new picture posted on Madeleine's Facebook!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Queen Silvia is in NYC to speak for UN, among others. Hopefully we will see some pics of the Queen with Madeleine.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

First solo work event of the year for Madeleine, she delivers on Saturday 13th the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation scholarships at the Royal Mews.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Last year the event was broadcasted live by expressen, aftobbladet, tv4 and SVT
I wonder if any of them will do the same this year
She also posted a new photo to her facebook page on Monday of a Christmas tree some where in New York ( at least I think it is)
https://m.facebook.com/PrincessMade...55/526905174113591/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

I think that last year it was shown live because Madeleine didn't attend at the Nobels, didn't attend at the official reception of her mother's 70th birthday a day before because she had cold, and she was pregnant. All that made Madeleine's presence an interesting event to the media.

However, from this years event, from the website of the Swedish Equestrian Federation:
Distance rider Sara Henriksson, 21, from Agunnaryd, has been named as the recipient of the scholarship of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation. The scholarship was awarded at the Royal Mews on 13 December.
Gunilla Wikman, the chair of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation, handed out the scholarship to Sara Henriksson along with Gotland County Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård and the Court Equerry Mertil Melin.
No Madeleine at the photo, so it seems that she didn't attend. She is the patron of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation.
Sara Henriksson årets jubileumsstipendat - Svenska Ridsportförbundet

Last edited:
However, from this years event, from the website of the Swedish Equestrian Federation:
Distance rider Sara Henriksson, 21, from Agunnaryd, has been named as the recipient of the scholarship of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation. The scholarship was awarded at the Royal Mews on 13 December.
Gunilla Wikman, the chair of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation, handed out the scholarship to Sara Henriksson along with Gotland County Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård and the Court Equerry Mertil Melin.
No Madeleine at the photo, so it seems that she didn't attend. She is the patron of the Swedish Equestrian Federation's Jubilee Foundation.
Sara Henriksson årets jubileumsstipendat - Svenska Ridsportförbundet

The text at the article has been updated:
"The patron of the Foundation is HRH Princess Madeleine, but when the princess at the last moment had to say no to today's ceremony, the Chair of the Foundation and the Swedish Equestrian Federation vice-president Gunilla Wikman awarded the scholarship along with Court Equerry Mertil Melin and Gotland County Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård".

Oh my, does she ever NOT cancel? Madde lives at the mews, so how can she decline an appointment which is literally at her doorstep??? To me, there is no acceptible excuse here.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Back
Top Bottom