Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Madeleine posted on Facebook a photo of her and Leonore in London at the Swedish Churches Julmarknad. She said, "Picture from the opening of the Swedish Church in London Christmas Market. It was lovely to meet Father Michael and people from the Swedish community!"

Photo: https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMa...8567153255/675455235925250/?type=3&permPage=1

Another photo I found on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/-TmjEAm_sM/

Nice to see her out and about with Leonore

Didn't princess Margareta use to open the christmas market at the Swedish Church in London? If I'm right, it's extra nice to see Madeleine taking up the tradition.

Didn't princess Margareta use to open the christmas market at the Swedish Church in London? If I'm right, it's extra nice to see Madeleine taking up the tradition.

Yes she did!! In this article from January it says she stopped in 2008ish because she no longer wanted to drive to London. She prefers her private life.

"For 40 years she had a yearly mission: To inaugurate the Swedish Church Christmas Bazaar in London. But seven years ago, she resigned from the assignment because she no longer wanted to drive all the way into the city. The vicar of London, Michael Persson, has continued to have contact with Margaretha."

Margaretha – den hemliga prinsessan | Dokument | Expressen

ANOTHER photo from Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-R-LtCNf8_/

Last edited:
Expressen updated their article:
On Thursday, Princess Madeleine and Little Princess Leonore visited the Christmas fair in London organized every year by the Swedish Church. On her Facebook page, Princess Madeleine uploaded a picture where she appears together with little Leonore in herarms. - It was an unofficial visit, but one planned by the princess who thought it was important to carry out because of these times and because of the terrible things that happened in Paris. The Swedish church is an important gathering place for many Swedes in London and the Princess therefore wanted to visit. There is also a tradition in the royal family, previously Crown Princess Margareta inaugurated the event and even Queen Louise has made visits, says the court's Communications Margareta Thorgren.

The Christmas market in the Swedish Church in Harcourt Street in London is the meeting place of many London Swedes.It offered Swedish Christmas food and handicrafts - from homemade mulled wine and sweets to the glass and fabrics. Michael Persson, vicar at the Swedish Church in Sweden, tells how Princess Madeleine went around and talked to all visitors. - She went around and greeted everyone and spoke to every one and noted the different stalls. She was wonderfully friendly, pleasant and well-read. Then when you have a small child with you it melts hearts, says Michael Persson.
Princess Madeleine and Little Princess Leonore spent about two hours on the market.
- They were here for two hours and the little princess was absolutely adorable.
- They tried everything from mulled wine to warm sausages and bought fresh bread and the congregation had to donate an Advent candlestick with Swedish sphagnum moss, red berries and small mushrooms.

Royal Visits

The Christmas market has a long history, and according to Michael Persson has been held for almost 100 years. There are 250 volunteers together with the staff attending the Christmas market that finances the Swedish Church's London-based assembly. Princess Madeleine's visit on Thursday was far from the first time that the Christmas market received a royal visit.
- We've been at it for nearly a hundred years. The royal family has always been committed, before it was Princess Margaretha who inaugurated it, and now Princess Madeleine came for a visit. Before that it was Queen Louise who came here and turned on the canvases and saw that they were finely sewn in, says Michael Persson.
https://translate.google.com/transl...eleine-besokte-julmarknad/&edit-text=&act=url

According to the website of the Church of Sweden in London, swedish ambassador in London, Nicola Clase opened the Christmas Fair.
Svenska kyrkan i London - Svenska kyrkan - London

Some photos of the opening from the Facebook of the Church of Sweden in London
https://www.facebook.com/svenskakyrkanlondon/posts/913445778742776
It would have been nice had Princess Madeleine opened the Christmas Fair, but Madeleine has never been overly fond of wearing National dress, which really is called for on such an occasion. Seeing both Madeleine and Leonore in National costume would be lovely.

Thank you everyone - those are lovely photos of Madeleine and Leonore at the Christmas fair. Leonore is adorable, and I love her little shoes. I wonder why Nicolas wasn't there, though maybe Madeleine thought that it would be better to take Leonore since she would be beginning to appreciate such events.

Does Chris live in London yet?

Thank you everyone - those are lovely photos of Madeleine and Leonore at the Christmas fair. Leonore is adorable, and I love her little shoes. I wonder why Nicolas wasn't there, though maybe Madeleine thought that it would be better to take Leonore since she would be beginning to appreciate such events.

Does Chris live in London yet?

Yes he does, they're all in London.

Another article about the visit from people.com
Princess Madeleine and Leonore at Christmas Market: Photo : People.com

Call me crazy, but I think that Madeleine is expecting again.

:previous: Yep, certifiable! :D

Princess Madeleine will attend an event organized by UNICEF for the world childhood foundation in london England tomorrow

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

The court has not yet stated what kind of event this is or where in london it will take place

Maybe it has to do with her new role as patron? Or with her experience in internship for UNICEF back in 2006?

that's weird. Did she not attend after all?

Sigh . . . Just when I thought that Madeleine had turned her PR disaster around, she is going, not going . . .again. The calendar needs to be set with real dates that are kept. If she is uncertain of attending, the event should not be placed on the schedule. I really like Maddie, and I LOVE the fairy-tale princess party [Well done, Princess Madeleine!], and I want to see you shine again. But you - or the PR office - has to decide if you are in or out on the public appearance schedule. "Maybe" is not a good PR position. Just sighing, again . . .

Same old ... she picks and choses. The fairy tale princess party was one of the events that she just loves because she could play glamour princess with people gushing over her being the picture princess all day long.

But maybe she got sick in the last moment or one of her children is ill. We don't know the reason why the attendance was cancelled. Or do we know if the event has taken place?

What a shame that Princess Madeleine's attendance was cancelled. I was so pleased to see new event added to her calendar and now this...
As I sit at home with severe flu (thank you my dear colleague for spreading your germs!!!), then could it be that she or her children are ill and she had to cancel? But I guess that's not an excuse for some people and she should have attended anyway?

I am guessing that Pr Madeleine chose to stay in Stockholm to be there for the new baby. She cancelled -again- her presence at an engagement she should have been at.

IMHO she should just not accept engagements when her attendance is not certain. Much better than cancelling at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
It has been a pattern in the past that attendance was announced and cancelled again. Madeleine has 2 small children, that's a fact, and if the kids get sick what can happen any minute and she wants to look after them herself that's fine, but you cannot build an agenda on this.
So how about announcing attendance a day before, when its clear that everything is fine. Its not that Madeleine deals with matters of state or anything else that cannot be covered by somebody else.
If she's there, it's a nice add-on while a last minute no-show is always bad.

Madeleine has 2 small children, that's a fact, and if the kids get sick what can happen any minute and she wants to look after them herself that's fine.

Many of us posters have children right, or have children that at one point in time were small.
If one of our kids is sick, can we just skip work???? I for sure can't.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I have been following Swedish Royal Family since June 2013 and I haven't noticed that Princess Madeleine has a pattern to announce and cancel the events. I do not follow their calendar everyday and have no idea how much of the events were announced and then just cancelled (I've assumed that they just did not publish any pictures from the event, silly me!).
But if this no-show is regular for Pr. Madeleine, then this is very unprofessional behviour from the princess and she should be more responsible in the future! If we do not show at work, we would be fired without notice. Do they fire princesses? Don't think so ;)

Many of us posters have children right, or have children that at one point in time were small.
If one of our kids is sick, can we just skip work???? I for sure can't.
Here in Germany it's a matter of course, that a parent of a sick child (until the child is 12 years old) is getting paid days off work. The pediatrician will issue a sick certificate for the parent's employer. Ten days per parent per child, single parents get the full 20 days, so a parent with two children can take twenty days a year off, if single with two kids it's 40 days. There are more rules, but, I think that'd be too much for this forum.

So, for me it is a no-brainer, that, if one of the kids is sick, Madeleine should cancel all engagements. In fact, that's what I'd expect from her. Of course we don't know why this event was on the calendar and why it got taken off again.

best wishes Michiru

So, for me it is a no-brainer, that, if one of the kids is sick, Madeleine should cancel all engagements. In fact, that's what I'd expect from her. Of course we don't know why this event was on the calendar and why it got taken off again.

best wishes Michiru

I think everyone would understand if that is the case. But it was simply removed from the agenda without giving a reason. If it because one of her children got sich they should tell it.

I think everyone would understand if that is the case. But it was simply removed from the agenda without giving a reason. If it because one of her children got sich they should tell it.

I think if you have small children with a high risk of feeling unwell and unwilling to have somebody else care for them in this case, I think it is pointless to have an agenda. Its fine if you want to look after your sick children yourself, but very often this is not feasible for people in important positions (unless very severe illness) as they cannot disappoint people who contribute / are expected to attend themselves. I cannot imagine a senior royal cancelling an event because the kid has the flu or a stomach bug, unless it is so severe that they have to go to hospital etc. If you are not willing to leave other people to look after kids with minor illnesses, you should not have a top job or important agenda at all but should take maternity leave instead.

Have not seen this video before. Thanks for posting :flowers:

According to aftonbladet the press department of the court confirmed that Princess Madeleine is also in New York at the moment. There's nothing on the courts website about how long she's staying there but according to aftonbladet she will remain in New York untill she completes her programme of engagements, which is why she's missing Friday's te deum
Håll i kaninen, lillprinsen - nu börjar livet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom