The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine put on Saturday to her official Facebook page a link to the article by Aftonbladet, an interview of Carl Philip and Sofia where they reassure that they are so happy for Madeleine and that Madeleine and Sofia have a great relationship.
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMad...Sweden?fref=ts

I find this very interesting, even the swedish royals have many times complained about the articles and gossips of the tabloids Aftonbladet and Expressen, and now the princess links an article of Aftonbladet to her official Facebook page.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Courtier

I think that she's trying to make a point. That there are no troubles between M and CP&S.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Courtier

I agree with you SLV. And what's more I have a feeling that soon we will have another Swedish wedding. I already thought so when I saw the link to CP and S joint interview on Madeleine's facebook page in which CP more or less confirms that he and S will have a future together. :-)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine visited Spotify yesterday and gave a Childhood bracelet to the founder of Spotify, Martin Lorentzon.

From Madeleine's Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...56393725_n.jpg
From Lorentzon's Instagram
Photo by martin_lorentzon • Instagram
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine has put early this morning a photo of her dog Zorro to her Facebook page
"Tennis, anyone?"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

A little strange time for this post, maybe tomorrow would have been better.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine has put early this morning a photo of her dog Zorro to her Facebook page
"Tennis, anyone?"

A little strange time for this post, maybe tomorrow would have been better.
It is not sure she posts photos and messages herself, in my view.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^This was exactly in my mind; does she manage her own Facebook account herself or does a staff member do it?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
^^^This was exactly in my mind; does she manage her own Facebook account herself or does a staff member do it?
I read from somewhere that she herself keeps up and updates her Facebook page. And from the photos and texts it is easy to believe.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Nobility

princess madeleine and chirs were on the cover of point de vue about 2 weeks ago
Princesas: Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill on the cover of Point de Vue this week

also today HRH posted this on facebook(a picture of a bridge in connection with the beginning of spring)
http://www.facebook.com/PrincessMade...Sweden?fref=ts
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine shopping in Manhattan
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ign0d0.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/1p9ld5.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2d27eq.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aOwYbXV_dy...o%C4%9Fraf.JPG
Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Royal Highness

That is such an odd picture! From the looks of it, there is no guarantee this is in Manhattan. For all we know it can be anywhere cold -scoop Nyc bag could have anything in it. I only say because I find it funny that the magazine would blot out everything but the princess... Just weird!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Pictures:
PRİNCESS MADELEİNE İN NEW YORK-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Princess Madeleine will participate in His Majesty's birthday celebrations this year
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 04-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Today HRH attended a seminar in the USA with the theme of trauma
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMad...Sweden?fref=ts
Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Last week The Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland took part in the celebrations in connection with the King's birthday.
http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/19...d5b47bb7b1.jpg
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
That is such an odd picture! From the looks of it, there is no guarantee this is in Manhattan. For all we know it can be anywhere cold -scoop Nyc bag could have anything in it. I only say because I find it funny that the magazine would blot out everything but the princess... Just weird!
They actually look like lifesized cardboard cutouts!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post

They actually look like lifesized cardboard cutouts!
Agreed! Glad someone agrees with the odd looking picture -figured it was something wired. Now looking again, it does kind of look like that.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel NyhlÚn's book "Prinsessan Madeleine" was released on 13th May.
Prinsessan Madeleine - Daniel NyhlÚn - Bok (9789174611694) Bokus bokhandel
Translation

About the book
Chris O'Neill has repeatedly shown what he thinks of the media interest around his fiancÚe. Photographers have caught him with his middle finger in the air.
Royal expert Daniel NyhlÚn also raises a finger - a warning - in his book "Princess Madeleine" which is released this week.
- Chris decided to do something which in Sweden is certainly cool, but in the U.S. is the worst insult. It was remarkable and highly inappropriate. It rang alarm bells when I saw the picture. I hope that Chris now realizes the representative significance of being a part of the Swedish royal family, says NyhlÚn who has followed Madeleine over ten years.
NyhlÚn takes even up Madeleine's own strained relationship with the media, she has had trouble dealing with the attention and the public role her life has.
When her engagement to Jonas Bergstr÷m was broken the media interest was huge and Madeleine moved to New York.
- It was probably the toughest period of her life. But I think she has made a fantastic comeback and she now chooses to televise her wedding shows that she understands the nature of her role. Little sister has grown up.
Nu sňgas Chris i prinsessboken Br÷llopet Aftonbladet
Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel NyhlÚn's book "Prinsessan Madeleine" was released on 13th May.
Prinsessan Madeleine - Daniel NyhlÚn - Bok (9789174611694) Bokus bokhandel
Translation

About the book
Chris O'Neill has repeatedly shown what he thinks of the media interest around his fiancÚe. Photographers have caught him with his middle finger in the air.
Royal expert Daniel NyhlÚn also raises a finger - a warning - in his book "Princess Madeleine" which is released this week.
- Chris decided to do something which in Sweden is certainly cool, but in the U.S. is the worst insult. It was remarkable and highly inappropriate. It rang alarm bells when I saw the picture. I hope that Chris now realizes the representative significance of being a part of the Swedish royal family, says NyhlÚn who has followed Madeleine over ten years.
NyhlÚn takes even up Madeleine's own strained relationship with the media, she has had trouble dealing with the attention and the public role her life has.
When her engagement to Jonas Bergstr÷m was broken the media interest was huge and Madeleine moved to New York.
- It was probably the toughest period of her life. But I think she has made a fantastic comeback and she now chooses to televise her wedding shows that she understands the nature of her role. Little sister has grown up.
Nu sňgas Chris i prinsessboken Br÷llopet Aftonbladet
A little bit of a win-win/hot or miss situation.

I feel that although it might be cool for swedish people to see that -others who are followers if the couple on other parts of the globe who now see him as a representative may not feel the same 'cool' and he needs to be aware of that. In general, he should simply have more of a wider perspective and think more before making certain gestures, and who is to say that what is 'cool' in Sweden, is 'cool' in the eyes of every swede! Just a thought.

Overall, I like Chris and wish him and Madeline the best, but he a should be a little more aware as a representative of the SRF.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Is Princess Madeleine return to New York or stay she in Stockholm until her wedding?

Tags
current events, princess madeleine