The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 AM
Gentry

According to Expressen (in an article that I can't find online) Christopher O'Neill will attend the Nobel celebrations this year, O'Neill has been invited by the King. This has been confirmed by Bertil Ternert, Head of Information at the Royal Court.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
According to Expressen (in an article that I can't find online) Christopher O'Neill will attend the Nobel celebrations this year, O'Neill has been invited by the King. This has been confirmed by Bertil Ternert, Head of Information at the Royal Court.
Chris O'Neill doesn't attend the Nobel festivities, he has cancelled his participation. He had already accepted and the court had also gone out with the news.
But now Chris O'Neill at the last moment cancelled his participation both at the banquet, and the royal couple's traditional dinner held the day after in the Royal Palace
- I'm sorry, but I'm looking forward to participating in future Nobel Festivities, Chris O'Neill greets to Aftonbladet's readers.
According to the court the American's late change of mind is because of the event clashes with his profession in the financial sector.
- Chris O'Neill has chosen to opt out this time because of his work, says Bertil Ternert from the court information department.
Chris O’Neill nobbar Nobelmiddagen Nyheter Aftonbladet

Chris har lämnat återbud – kommer inte till Nobelfesten Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion it is very strange that he has refuse a King invitation to such an important event because of this work...that is very strange to me and I don't belive it...refusing a king invitation??? Only because of his work?? No...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king doesn't invite guests to the Nobel ceremonies, it is the organizing committee of the Nobel Foundation. The royal family are as honorary guests at the Nobel Prize Ceremony and the Banquet. It seems natural that the committee asks the court if Chris O'Neill should have been invited and then invited him.
Here's one invitation from last year
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dWPPcrdHVk...1002_Nobel.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Somehow I do not see the Nobel Committee "inviting" the King and his family to officiate at the official ceremony and host the official banquets etc. Their presence is implicit in the Swedish Nobel Ceremonies and the SRF advises who will be attending on their behalf. I am guessing this is why the official SRF spokesman made the announcement.

I am also guessing that "work commitments" are not the reason Chris pulled out of an engagement he had already confirmed. It is not as if the Nobel Ceremonies sprang up out of nowhere and I think he is as astute as most businessmen when reading their calendars.

I think it sad that he has left Madeleine to fly solo. Perhaps understandable in the circumstances but sad all the same.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Don't know if this video was ever posted:

Princess Madeleine of Sweden talks about her work as Project Manager at Childhood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zsBs9_jAh7M
Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine last week, when Expressen's reporter met her in NY.

Prinsessans klädval blir snabbt populära Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen
Translation
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Somehow I do not see the Nobel Committee "inviting" the King and his family to officiate at the official ceremony and host the official banquets etc. Their presence is implicit in the Swedish Nobel Ceremonies and the SRF advises who will be attending on their behalf. I am guessing this is why the official SRF spokesman made the announcement.
The king is not the host of the Nobel dinner, the host is the gentleman who always has queen Silvia to the table, the chairman of the Nobel Foundation. The royal family are "just" guests of honour.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I bow to your home knowledge. However, I beg to believe that ever since the inception of the Nobel Awards and Ceremonies, those particular Guests of Honour have become intrinsically part of the official Celebrations.

Somehow the Nobels without the SRF would become more serious, erudite and somehow less a sparkling celebration of great achievment.

The Nobels have always made me think how wonderful that the "Geeks", "Squints" and "Dweebs" get their more than well deserved moment in the sun. More than the obligatory 15 minutes of fame, but an actual celebration of their life's work. They truely are The Beautiful People!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Princess Madeleine of Sweden talks about her work as Project Manager at Childhood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zsBs9_jAh7M
Thanks for posting this video!
It's nice to finally see an interview like this.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Pictures:
PRİNCESS MADELEİNE İN NEW YORK-
Princess Madeleine seen being interviewed by newspaper Expressen in New York:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Princess Madeleine of Sweden talks about her work as Project Manager at Childhood - YouTube
What a lovely video; she speaks so eloquently and articulately about her work. This is the first time I've heard her speak English so that was pleasant to hear. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Expressen, Madeleine's best friend Louise Gottlieb is going to be bridesmaid at the wedding of Madeleine's ex-fiancé Jonas Bergström and Stephanie af Klercker.
At the cover of Expressen:
Best friend's betrayal of Madde
Bridesmaid at Jonas' wedding
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...8-82290214b364

The article isn't at the website of Expressen, I found just a photo of the article.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCKx7pGCYAAfZL9.jpg:large
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine on her first official work event this year, she attended on Friday evening at the concert of Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra at the Carnegie Hall. Photos via Newscom by Charles Guerin/ABACAUSA.COM
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
With conductor Sakari Oramo and the solist, violinist Ray Chen
With Oramo, Chen and solist, soprano Elin Rombo
With Jan Eliasson. Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations
With Ed Gallagher, CEO of the Scandinavian House, Jan Eliasson and Marten Grunditz, United Nations Ambassador to Sweden.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some large pics without watermarks can be found here:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Stockholm Concert Hall Foundation Presents: The Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra **
Old 02-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine has also visited Spotify's office, photo from her Facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...31345124_n.jpg
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Surprise, Chris was also at the concert, but he didn't pose with Madeleine for the photographers.
Prinsessa Madeleine edusti säteilevänä New Yorkissa Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

From the Philharmonic's Tour blog:
Madeleine, Ray Chen, RSPO Chief Conductor Sakari Oramo, Oramo's wife Anu Komsi, Elin Rombo, and Stefan Forsberg, Head of Stockholm Concert Hall.
http://kfoblogg.konserthuset.se/wp-c...g-1024x682.jpg

More photos of Madeleine and sour Chris
Prinsessa Madeleine säteili New Yorkissa - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Chris och Madeleine på konsert i New York Hovbloggen
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine visited Baruch High School together with Peer Health Exchange last Friday. Photo from her Facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...98767199_n.jpg
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Madeleine was pictured in New York on February 21, 2013:

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Prinsessa Madeleine ja ystävätär New Yorkissa **
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

She really seams to enjoy Life in New York...would they live in New York after the wedding? Love her jacket and her boots very fashion!

Tags
current events, princess madeleine