The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Did she attend the mass too? With that dress?

I, too, thought it "finally" when the royal court announced Madeleine's engagement. She said that thi summer her family is going to spend more time in Sweden, so hopefully she will undertake few engagements.
Yes the Princess did attend the mass. It was an honour for us who works in Hedvig Eleonora Church during sundays to welcome her. And i'm so happy for our other prominent guests too, the Church choir and folk music players from Järvsö who got a lot of well earned media coverage. The folk music mass from Järvsö is a fantastic piece of liturgical music, chorales and gånglåtar (walking tunes). Princess Madeleine looked very happy during and after the service. But most of all, even if she looks very good on pictures, she looks even better in real life. And she is a very nice and humble woman.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:07 AM
Nobility

Hans-Rickard, lucky you that you got to see her in real life
I have to admit that I did not use to like princess Madeleine very much (gossip media liked to label her as spoiled brat and I guess that biased my attitude towards her) but now that I've followed Swedish Royal Family several years, I really enjoy seeing her around. She seems to be more confident and she shines with inner happiness that makes her look even more beautiful and charming. I have a feeling that changing partners and becoming a mother has changed her quite a lot and she looks indeed like a very nice and humble woman.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Did she attend the mass too? With that dress?
I'm curious - is there something inappropriate with that dress? You may or may not like the print, but to me it looks like an average dress that any woman here could put on when she goes to church.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I'm curious - is there something inappropriate with that dress? You may or may not like the print, but to me it looks like an average dress that any woman here could put on when she goes to church.

Well, let's say that I prefer something that covers a little more... It may be a cultural thing, and maybe I'm seeing things with an educated catholic eyes...
Old 06-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Covers what more The dress is knee length, its not showing any cleavage. Do you require a floor length, wrist length dress in summer? I am catholic as well and I don't get at all what is in appropriately uncovered. It would even meet the Vatican requirements (for tourists).
Old 06-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Covers what more The dress is knee length, its not showing any cleavage. Do you require a floor length, wrist length dress in summer? I am catholic as well and I don't get at all what is in appropriately uncovered. It would even meet the Vatican requirements (for tourists).
I'm not making any fuss about it really, I just responded to a quote. It's not a big deal to me, I would have only worn something different both in print and style for a mass. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Yes the Princess did attend the mass. It was an honour for us who works in Hedvig Eleonora Church during sundays to welcome her. And i'm so happy for our other prominent guests too, the Church choir and folk music players from Järvsö who got a lot of well earned media coverage. The folk music mass from Järvsö is a fantastic piece of liturgical music, chorales and gånglåtar (walking tunes). Princess Madeleine looked very happy during and after the service. But most of all, even if she looks very good on pictures, she looks even better in real life. And she is a very nice and humble woman.

Thank you for your view! You were lucky to meet her then!.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm not making any fuss about it really, I just responded to a quote. It's not a big deal to me, I would have only worn something different both in print and style for a mass. That's all.
Quote:
Well, let's say that I prefer something that covers a little more...
This is what I am asking about. What was not covered enough for you? This statement says nothing about print.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
This is what I am asking about. What was not covered enough for you? This statement says nothing about print.

I prefer longer dresses or pants for church. Is that a problem? Really...
Old 06-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Majesty

No. I simply struggled to understand how a knee length dress showing no cleavage was too revealing. And you were avoiding my question. Thanks for answering it this time
Old 06-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No. I simply struggled to understand how a knee length dress showing no cleavage was too revealing. And you were avoiding my question. Thanks for answering it this time
Just quote my post next time. Maybe I expressed my opinion in a weird sentece. When I'm too tired or in a rush I tend to just write what it comes out of my mind. Let's say this: I just wish Madeleine had put on a different outfit. Okay?
Old 06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Article about Sundays engagement on the courts website
Prinsessan Madeleine vid Järvsömässan - Sveriges Kungahus

and a video from the event
Se nya filmen på prinsessan Madeleine | Svensk Damtidning
Old 09-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Message from Princess Madeleine on her Facebook page:
''Each year, it is estimated that 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18 in the United States. Globally, every year, it is estimated that 150 million girls and 73 million boys experience sexual violence. Despite these astronomical numbers, child sexual abuse is rarely discussed and solutions do not adequately address the public health crisis affecting one tenth of the world’s children. But is not our children’s obligation to keep themselves safe. We, as adults, have an obligation to ensure that our children are surrounded by child protectors.

In 1999, my mother decided to use her voice to speak about children’s rights and founded the World Childhood Foundation. I have always admired my mother’s courage and aim to continue her work in combatting child sexual abuse. Now as a mother of two, I am even more determined to help create a world free from sexual abuse for all children in our lifetime. The first step in combatting sexual abuse is removing the stigma from discussing the abuse, which requires learning the facts, talking about it with our children and investing in prevention. Because of this I am so excited to share with you a new mobile app which is launching today called the “Stewards of Children Prevention Toolkit,” created in partnership with the World Childhood Foundation, Darkness to Light and Ericsson.

I hope that with the availability of this new app, all adults who have caring roles with children, including parents, teachers, coaches, church communities and other youth serving professionals as well as health care providers for children, will take the time to educate themselves about child sexual abuse and everyday protection approaches, and can feel better equipped on how to react when specific concerns about a child arise.

We live in a digital world and it is crucial that technology is integrated in our fight to end child sexual abuse and not for online child abuse. Let us commit together to keep our #EyesWideOpen and ensure that we keep the children in our lives safe from all forms of violence. Please, download the app today: www.SOCAPP.org''

Later today she will attend a seminar and gala in nyc
Old 09-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine wrote an article in time magazine:
http://motto.time.com/4502596/child-...eleine-sweden/
'Princess Madeleine of Sweden: Why I’m Campaigning to End Child Sex Abuse
By Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Sept. 29, 2016
Ending the cycle begins with parental action

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, nearly 60,000 children were sexually abused in the United States in 2014. Globally, 18% of women and 8% of men report being victims of childhood sexual abuse. Despite these astronomical numbers, child sexual abuse is rarely discussed and solutions do not adequately address the public health crisis affecting such a large number of children.

We know that children who are sexually abused are at a greater risk for later mental health and anxiety syndromes, including depression and suicidal thoughts. The societal and economic consequences of not addressing the problem, or investing in prevention of, sexual abuse of children are grave. In 1999, my mother decided to use her voice to speak about children’s rights and founded the World Childhood Foundation, which has since funded more than 1,000 projects in 20 countries. I have always admired my mother’s courage and aim to continue her work in combatting child sexual abuse. Now as a mother of two, I am even more determined to help create a world free from sexual abuse for all children in our lifetime.

But it is not our children’s obligation to keep themselves safe. We, as adults, have an obligation to ensure that our children are surrounded by child protectors.

Child sexual abuse thrives in silence. The first step in combatting sexual abuse is removing the stigma from discussing the abuse, which requires learning the facts, talking about it with our children and investing in prevention.

Learn the facts. We live in a digital world and it is crucial that technology is integrated in our fight. The new mobile app “Stewards of Children Prevention Toolkit” provides tools and educational resources for adults to prevent, recognize and respond to child sexual abuse.

Talk about it. Create a safe environment to talk to your child about sexual abuse, including body safety, anatomical language and personal boundaries.

Recognize the signs. The most common signs of sexual abuse are emotional and behavioral changes, such as “too perfect” behavior, withdrawal, fear, depression, unexplained anger and rebellion. Indirect physical signs can include anxiety, chronic stomach pain and headaches.

React responsibly. If a child shares that they have been abused, stay calm, praise the child’s courage and listen.

As a new school year begins, let us commit together to keep our #EyesWideOpen and ensure that we keep the children in our lives safe from all forms of violence.
HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden'
Old 11-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine attended a reception for Girls not Brides in London. Mabel van Oranje was of course there too
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden

Another of event of Madeleine's that was not listed on the court calendar.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Majesty

Hurray....GO MADELEINE!

She is wonderful, I admire her a lot for being a champion for the horrific plight of those poor little girls, same for Mabel von Oranje.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Majesty

This such a great cause, one I believe we have seen her at events for. They should be emphasizing her work, the Royal circular, this cause needs the attention. A lot of amazing women involved like Mabel and Mary Robinson.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Statement from the Princess
'I was saddened these last days when I read of reports of pictures of abused children online... it is very important that this issue are raised! I think about my own children, and all the other kids I meet. What can one do to help strengthen them? Through my involvement in Childhood I've learnt some very important things.
This in particular:
It is possible to prevent sexual violence against children, online or offline. The first step is to have safe, engaged adults in the child's vicinity. Parents, teachers, an aunt or grandmother who strengthen the child by being there, to talk and listen to him/her.'
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMadeleineOfSweden/
Old 01-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine will inaugurate the Nordic Children's library-'Room for Children' at the southbank centre in London England on February 14th
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 02-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Courtier

From the website of the southbank centre
https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/wh...op-trumps-2017

'This event is part of Nordic Matters, a year-long exploration of arts and culture from Aland Islands, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.'

Princess Madeleine will inaugurate the children's library tomorrow
Old 02-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Courtier

From the website of the Swedish embassy:
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine of Sweden to read with children at the children’s library Room for Children at Southbank Centre on Tuesday.
Room for Children is a Swedish library concept with the child in focus. Newly opened it will stay open at London’s Southbank Centre throughout 2017 as part of the ongoing Nordic art and culture festival Nordic Matters.
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine of Sweden will visit the library on Tuesday to read with children.
Room for Children's library shelves boasts with renowned Nordic authors such as Elsa Beskow, Astrid Lindgren and Thorbjørn Egner. The library aims to inspire children aged 0-10 to read and discover. The majority of the books are in English but some Nordic language books can also be found.
“Good literature gives the child a place in the world and the world a place in the child,” Swedish author Astrid Lindgren once said. Good literature allows children around the world to further their understanding of one another. Therefore it’s important that there’s literature that all children feel part of, and have access to.
Children’s literature is important, and popular, in Sweden. Several prestigious children’s literature prizes are awarded every year, including the world’s largest – the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award (ALMA). Last year’s ALMA winner was Londoner Meg Rosoff.
Room for Children is a concept developed by the Swedish Institute and Kulturhuset/Stadsteatern Stockholm, and has been built together with the Poetry Library and Embassy of Sweden in London, with the assistance of the Nordic Embassies and Representations in London, UK and Swedish publishers as well as Ikea.
Princess Madeleine at London’s Southbank Centre | SwedenAbroad

Tags
current events, princess madeleine