Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 3: Sept 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cute little girl and what a wonderful message from her mother.

[-][/-]
If this photo was indeed taken today- I think it is safe say that Madeleine and the family are not in Florida.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsDyMPtHZl1/

Thanks for posting Sarahbellar :flowers:
I can imagine Adrienne's wonderment at seeing the snow for the first time. Such a cute photo. And she looks indeed so much like her older sister.
And if this was taken today, then indeed they are not back in Florida ?

Last edited:
Adrienne is a beautiful baby; it looks as if the family got to spend a snowy New Year's in Sweden - quite the contrast to Florida!

As someone who used to work for Immigration (not in Sweden, though), don't put too much weight on "Ministers intervening".

Ministers, MP, government officials "intervened" all the time for everyday people at my immigration office! It's actually one of the things that they're supposed to do for you, their constituents.

We'd be working on a file, and then get a call from Minister X because Joe Public came to their office and their visa hadn't been issued, even though the due date had passed.

Because it's now a Government Official asking us to look into something, we'd go and find Joe Public's file, see what was holding it up, and either finalize it or send the Minister and Joe Public a message detailing exactly why it wasn't ready.

A lot of the times, it was just that we were behind schedule and Joe Public was somewhere at the bottom of the To Be Done stack. The Minister intervening just made us move them up (but everything had to be okay with their file. Even if the Minister called, if things were wrong, Joe Public wasn't getting their visa.)

Again, just normal, ordinary people do this.

I guess that depends on the country. In the Netherlands where you don't have a district system, so nobody is specifically representing people from a certain area, that would be frowned upon. I am not saying it never happens but it certainly is not considered part of the job. Representatives of all kinds of organizations on the other hand will most likely try to speed up the process (but are mostly unsuccessful as far as I can tell).

Nonetheless, an intervention for a princess wouldn't surprise me - especially since she has a diplomatic passport. However, I still wonder what kind of visa issue suppossedly had not been sorted out before they moved to the States months ago.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning: "The court tells more about Madeleine's trip to Sweden"

Madeleine arrives to Sweden to attend with queen Silvia on 7th February at the charity dinner due to the 20th anniversary of the World Childhood Foundation.
Margareta Thorgren told to Svensk Damtidning that Madeleine has several work-related things booked in during her days in Stockholm. However, she wants to wait to go out with additional information.
- This is a work trip for the princess, Thorgren says.
Hovet berättar mer om Madeleines resa till Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning

Madeleine and Chris's good friend Mia Parnevik tells about Madeleine and Chris's wonderful life in Florida - and that they come over to Parnevik's luxury villa for dinner.
Madeleine and Chris have previously spent time in Florida, in the house Chris owned in Palm Beach. Now the couple live in a luxury house of 750 square meters, with seven bedrooms and exotic fruit trees outside the windows. There is not only one but two pools on the plot.
In Florida there are also the couple Parnevik, Jesper and Mia, who are good friends with the princess couple for many years. After the princess's break-up from ex Jonas, Madeleine lived at home with Parneviks for a while, secretly, in order to stay away.
But now there are more enjoyable times in Florida for Madeleine and family.
- It's great for them. She feels, they feel quite at home. It is nice for them to live somewhere where one gets to create themselves ... yes, which we knew from the beginning, says Mia Parnevik and refers to how Jesper was always known as "comedian Bosse Parnevik's son" instead of getting to stand on his own feet.
- For Jesper it was incredibly nice to come here and make his own thing and create his own name. Because she is a princess it is not the same, but I still think it will be a little easier to be her own.
Mia Parnevik says she got to know Princess Madeleine through Childhood, and was told that Madeleine met Chris O'Neill.
- She told me that she had met such a great guy!
Parnevik says that it is "really nice" to have them close again, and that they try to get Madeleine and Chris and the children visiting them.
- We haven't seen them so much here lately. We have tried to get them to dinners, but we have not managed to get together because all the schedules. And they have small children, it's not like really "now we take all the kids and go". But yes, they are amazing.
- We only have great things to say about them, he is so funny! And they are so cute together! They were here and we had some dinners with some other common friends, just before they moved here now. But we meet as soon as we can. We saw in Palm Beach last.
- They build their lives, it's really great, says Mia Parnevik.
- I am happy for their sake, that they can run their own race.
Expressen has sought the court, which does not want to comment on the friendship.
Parneviks lyxliv – avslöjar mötena med Madde & Chris

Madeleine shared a photo of a meeting about the "very last details" of her book last Friday:

** Photo **

While she was in Sweden, Madeleine attended also at her friend Ellen Dinkelspiel's 40th birthday party, in which also princess Tatiana attended. Svensk Damtidning tells that the party was held in Wallenberg family residence Täcka Udden at Royal Djurgården. Ellen's mother Fanny Sachs is married with Marcus Wallenberg.

Madeleine and Chris's good friend Mia Parnevik tells about Madeleine and Chris's wonderful life in Florida - and that they come over to Parnevik's luxury villa for dinner.
Madeleine and Chris have previously spent time in Florida, in the house Chris owned in Palm Beach. Now the couple live in a luxury house of 750 square meters, with seven bedrooms and exotic fruit trees outside the windows. There is not only one but two pools on the plot.
In Florida there are also the couple Parnevik, Jesper and Mia, who are good friends with the princess couple for many years. After the princess's break-up from ex Jonas, Madeleine lived at home with Parneviks for a while, secretly, in order to stay away.
But now there are more enjoyable times in Florida for Madeleine and family.
- It's great for them. She feels, they feel quite at home. It is nice for them to live somewhere where one gets to create themselves ... yes, which we knew from the beginning, says Mia Parnevik and refers to how Jesper was always known as "comedian Bosse Parnevik's son" instead of getting to stand on his own feet.
- For Jesper it was incredibly nice to come here and make his own thing and create his own name. Because she is a princess it is not the same, but I still think it will be a little easier to be her own.
Mia Parnevik says she got to know Princess Madeleine through Childhood, and was told that Madeleine met Chris O'Neill.
- She told me that she had met such a great guy!
Parnevik says that it is "really nice" to have them close again, and that they try to get Madeleine and Chris and the children visiting them.
- We haven't seen them so much here lately. We have tried to get them to dinners, but we have not managed to get together because all the schedules.
And they have small children, it's not like really "now we take all the kids and go". But yes, they are amazing.
- We only have great things to say about them, he is so funny! And they are so cute together! They were here and we had some dinners with some other common friends, just before they moved here now. But we meet as soon as we can. We saw in Palm Beach last.
- They build their lives, it's really great, says Mia Parnevik.
- I am happy for their sake, that they can run their own race.
Expressen has sought the court, which does not want to comment on the friendship.
Parneviks lyxliv – avslöjar mötena med Madde & Chris
Based on your translation, I got the impression that they have not had dinner together at the Parnevik house since they moved to Florida. They had dinner together with some friends before the move -probably when Chris still had the house in West Palm Beach, see Palm Beach reference- but apparently have not seen each other much in the last 6 months since they moved to Florida.

Madeleine was photographed at a beach/pool in Miami on Sunday. Expressen writes that also Leonore and Adrienne were there.
Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen:
- It is their private life, the court doesn't comment on what they do privately. The whole royal family appreciates outdoor life and to be out in the nature and be active.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kungligt/madeleines-lediga-dag-i-soliga-miami/

https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/...ne-leonore-adrienne-strand-tt-1960x1030-c.jpg

Last edited:
Stoppa pressarna reveals were the photos of Madeleine enjoying sun with her children were taken.

The Swedish royal entertains herself at the exclusive Faena Hotel on Collins Avenue at Mid Beach in Miami.
The luxury hotel is not a normal five star hotel, it is extremely luxurious.
Only hotel guests have access to the hotel's private swimming pool and beach which is completely private. But Madeleine has fixed so she can come and go. An advantage directly linked to her royal title, which she has chosen to keep.
Stoppa pressarna has also been in contact with a Swedish businessman who lives in Miami. The Swede is very successful and accustomed to moving in exclusive environments.
- I've been to Faena a few times and eaten. It is expensive. The food is good, but not amazing.
The Swedish businessman, who usually lives half the year in Miami is a really globetrotter and very picky.
- It's a bit of "Versace" all over it, it's a lot of gold everywhere, including a mammal skeleton in gold. The decor feels French and 60's at the same time so it's pretty cool, says the businessman who hasn't been at the pool or on the beach.
- I don't think you can hang out there without staying at the hotel if you are not called Madeleine and are princess of course, concludes the businessman.
The court does not want to comment on the Swedish princess's luxury stay at the exclusive hotel.
- We do not comment on Princess Madeleine's private life, says Margareta Thorgren.
Avslöjat_ Madeleines hemliga gömställe i Miami _ Stoppa Pressarna

Last edited:
A quick look online shows that one can book the Faena Hotel for around $1,000 a night. While that is certainly a lot of money, it doesn't seem insanely outrageous for a wealthy person requiring high privacy (one can spend much, much more that even at Disney World, for example). I would venture that many such hotels provide memberships or day rates for persons that wish to use their facilities but not actually stay the night - after all, "normal" hotels will also sometimes do that.

Expressen tells that when Madeleine comes to the launch of the book she is one of the authors, also Chris and the children come to Sweden.
Margareta Thorgen:
- The plan is that they will come to Sweden in early June to then be able to stay in Sweden over the summer. The whole family will come to Sweden. It is also on the occasion of the National Day on June 6. Princess Madeleine and Mr Chris will be present on the National Day at Skansen in the evening.
How it goes with Leonore, Nicolas and Adrienne is not determined.
- So far they have not been involved, says Margareta Thorgren.
But it seems to be a longer time in Sweden for the family.
- Just for long journeys with three small children, the plans are that they will come to Sweden in early June and then be able to stay in Sweden over the summer, says Margareta Thorgren.
The summer plans for the family, on the other hand, are not entirely set. First, Madeleine will work with the launch of the book, then there are some official program points up to Midsummer.
- Then it is summer and then the princess family is usually a longer period at Öland, Solliden. Princess Madeleine spent a long time here in Sweden last year, due to the descent. Then the princess and the whole princess family have been to Öland, as they always are during the summer months, and then Princess Adrienne has also been with her siblings and mother and father over Christmas, says Margareta Thorgren.
Prinsessan Madeleine har härliga sommarplaner i Sverige

Madeleine and children spent time in Miami with Dag and Natalie Werner (Adrienne's godmother). They were seen also at the photos I posted previously. More photos, Dag was playing with his and Madeleine's children at the water. Photos taken on 6th April.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Stoppa pressarna about Madeleine and Chris spending time in Miami with Dag and Natalie Werner. After they had spent time at the hotel's pool and beach, Madeleine guided them to Brickell City Center, one of Miami's exclusive shopping centers, which is the perfect place for a relaxing break on Saks Fifth Avenue, Bally and Acqua di Parma.
Bild-Extra_ Madeleines lyxshopping med miljonärsparet _ Stoppa Pressarna

Margareta Thorgen said today to gossip magazine Hänt, that Madeleine will come to Sweden in the end if May.
However, it is unclear how long Madeleine will stay in Sweden.
- I don't know. But she will stay for a while due to, among other things, official dutie, but also for her book that will be published in early June.
Even Princess Madeleine's children and husband Chris are expected to come to Sweden, but it is unclear whether the whole family will come together.
- Yes, they will come. Then I don't know if they come in one squad, says Margareta Thorgren.
In the Royal House's calendar, at the national day celebration at Skansen, it says that Madeleine should be present, but it does not mean that Chris will do so.
- It may change. It is completely dependent on. That is why we await that notification, Margareta explains to Hänt and continues:
- If we write names and then there are changes in it then the media calls and asks why it changes and so on. Therefore, we choose to wait until we definitely know.
Hovets osäkra besked om Chris O'Neill sommaren 2019 _ Hänt.se

Lovely to see the family again! I presume Leonore hasn't started school yet, as I can imagine that even though they're private citizens in the US we would get some pieces of information on where she is attending.

When Princess Madeleine and Christopher move to the United States this autumn, will they continue to reside in Florida?

When Princess Madeleine and Christopher move to the United States this autumn, will they continue to reside in Florida?

They moved last fall. It was announced the summer of 2018, they were moving in the fall. They settled in Florida in September. I don't believe there is any plans (public known) for them to leave Florida.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2018090762070/princess-madeleine-sweden-new-family-home/

The most recent picture of the kids painting are with an artist whose gallery is in South Beach.

Last edited:
The family moved to the United States in the beginning of August 2018, and Svensk Damtidning wrote in the beginning of September that they had rented a villa in Miami.
They are staying in Sweden in the summer, at least Madeleine and the children should spend their summer in Sweden according to Margareta Thorgren. Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning on 22nd May that Madeleine and her family come to Sweden next week (= this week) and stay over for the summer.
Hovet_ Då kommer prinsessan Madeleine hem till Sverige igen _ Svensk Damtidning

When do kids start first grade ( year one) in Sweden ? In the US and Canada, that would be normally in the year they turn six. Leonore will be six years old next February , so , if that is already school age In Sweden, the family will have to make a decision soon about moving back to Sweden permanently or the provisions in the Act of Succession will kick in and Leonore will lose her place in the line of succession.

When do kids start first grade ( year one) in Sweden ?
All children living in Sweden are obligated by law to start school in the autumn of the year they turn six years old.
What they start is the so call pre-school class that was made compulsory from autumn term 2018. Year one starts the year after when the child turns seven.

Last edited:
Leonore will turn six in February 2020 and is obliged to start school in September 2020 (no matter if she lives then in Sweden or in the US)
There is still 15 months till September 2020: Madeleine and Chris still have many time to decide what direction their life turns (moving permanently to Sweden and retaining the right to Succession or settling their life in the US and officially renouncing the right for Madeleine and her children).

I have given up on Chris and Maddie. Apart from the fact that they still seem as in love as ever, nothing about their lifestyle makes sense.

Sweden was too far off the beaten track for Chris to be able to do his high flying international finance job so they moved to London. OK, that makes sense, but next thing they are moving to Miami (hardly the hub of international high finance) so who knows what they are doing?

I have given up on Chris and Maddie. Apart from the fact that they still seem as in love as ever, nothing about their lifestyle makes sense.

Sweden was too far off the beaten track for Chris to be able to do his high flying international finance job so they moved to London. OK, that makes sense, but next thing they are moving to Miami (hardly the hub of international high finance) so who knows what they are doing?
I'd say Chris business was just an excuse to justify them moving. To me, it's him being uncomfortable with his family being in the public eye that is the main issue here. Although Madeleine has never been comfortable either she can cope with it and has always seemed genuine in her wish to support her parents and sister. At the time of her engagement to Jonas Berglund it seemed clear, again to me, that she would be following in the footsteps of Princess Christina and combine supporting the monarch with philanthropic work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom