Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 3: Sept 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Scandalous, they went trick or treating. Next thing you know they will be hanging stockings. Such embarrassing behaviour by royals. Her father should run over and strip them of their titles :D

Royals have private lives. And fun even. Especially the kids. Good on them :flowers:

Adorable kids. Hope they had fun. :cool:

And every level of society celebrates Halloween in North America their own way,

If they insist on living like ordinary middle-class Americans, why don’t they also give up their HRHs ?

Why? One has nothing to do with the other. She is known here as Mrs. [per her request} to all her new friends and neighbors and only media prints the royal title which is her birthright in her own country. Many royals insisted on dropping their titles here while attending university and it was only the media that printed titles much to royals annoyance. They wanted to blend in with new friends at school and enjoy the experience.

Lovely photo! Pumpkin-Adrienne is adorable. Off topic but I like Leonore's cat, I thought she is holding a real black cat when I first saw the photo. ?

I celebrate Halloween too and I guess now I become an ordinary middle-class American too. :eek:

Svensk Damtidning tells, that Madeleine doesn't attend at the Nobel festivities this year.

- Princess Madeleine does not participate in any official context this autumn, says the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
- The reason is that the princess lives in the United States with her family.
Vi avslöjar! Prinsessan Madeleine kommer inte hem till Nobel _ Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning tells, that Madeleine doesn't attend at the Nobel festivities this year.

- Princess Madeleine does not participate in any official context this autumn, says the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning.
Vi avslöjar! Prinsessan Madeleine kommer inte hem till Nobel _ Svensk Damtidning

That's disappointing :sad:. She's skipping some major events this year, first the opening of the parliament and now the Nobel prize award ceremony and the banquet. Her calendar is blank in November, too.

Why? One has nothing to do with the other. She is known here as Mrs. [per her request} to all her new friends and neighbors and only media prints the royal title which is her birthright in her own country. Many royals insisted on dropping their titles here while attending university and it was only the media that printed titles much to royals annoyance. They wanted to blend in with new friends at school and enjoy the experience.

Madeleine (or the Swedish royal family) wanted titles for her children while their father refused a title, so I'd say the issue is far more with her children being royal highnesses than with Madeleine herself being a royal highness as the daughter of a reigning king.

That makes you wonder again why they moved to the States if it prohibits her from attending even the most important event on the Swedish calendar. Especially since they moved to London previously exactly to be able to come over to Sweden often.

That makes you wonder again why they moved to the States if it prohibits her from attending even the most important event on the Swedish calendar. Especially since they moved to London previously exactly to be able to come over to Sweden often.

I suspect the answer is the bolded. Whether that comes from her or from her husband or both is hard to say, but I think a very clear message is being sent here.

It does raise the question of the HRH for the children again, however, as you noted.

Madeleine (or the Swedish royal family) wanted titles for her children while their father refused a title, so I'd say the issue is far more with her children being royal highnesses than with Madeleine herself being a royal highness as the daughter of a reigning king.

I suspect the answer is the bolded. Whether that comes from her or from her husband or both is hard to say, but I think a very clear message is being sent here.

It does raise the question of the HRH for the children again, however, as you noted.

What would be the issue for the children? Unlike their mother, there is no conflict for them between living overseas and the intention to be a working royal, as the children are much too young to participate in official events.

Madeline is well aware of how far away she and her children are from the throne. She is being very smart in allowing her children a "normal" lifestyle. Remember there have been many additions since her first child was born. Hopefully her children get the education they need to be totally self sufficient.

Such a sweet photo; love the children's outfits! For British standards Madeleine and her children have really dressed up for Halloween though with the holiday being bigger across the pond I can imagine this is a regular occurrence in the US.

That's actually on the low key side of normal for the US.

Aahh, I'm very sorry to hear that Pss Madeleine will miss this year's Nobel events. The Nobel ceremony should be everything about the award winners, and there's really no need for the whole royal family to attend except for the King and The Queen, but its always been a highlight of the year when all the royal ladies dress up in their gowns and glittering tiaras-jewellery, so its even more glamorous and special event. Madeleine has been my special favorite from the event. But no Madeleine this year :sad:
Its pretty funny that Madeleine is so often critizised for only attending the glamorous gala events, so I hope she won't be critizised for missing the Nobels. Or will she be critizised for not attending because its always good to disapprove whatever she does or doesn't do? Even dressing up on Halloween is a bad thing it seems?

Aahh, I'm very sorry to hear that Pss Madeleine will miss this year's Nobel events. The Nobel ceremony should be everything about the award winners, and there's really no need for the whole royal family to attend except for the King and The Queen, but its always been a highlight of the year when all the royal ladies dress up in their gowns and glittering tiaras-jewellery, so its even more glamorous and special event. Madeleine has been my special favorite from the event. But no Madeleine this year :sad:
Its pretty funny that Madeleine is so often critizised for only attending the glamorous gala events, so I hope she won't be critizised for missing the Nobels. Or will she be critizised for not attending because its always good to disapprove whatever she does or doesn't do? Even dressing up on Halloween is a bad thing it seems?

I don't remember Madeleine being criticized for only attending tiara events can you show the many exaxples when that happened? I can imagine her being criticized for attending very few events, so I am curious whether it truly ws the glamorous aspecf that wasn't appreciated.

What would be the issue for the children? Unlike their mother, there is no conflict for them between living overseas and the intention to be a working royal, as the children are much too young to participate in official events.

I don't think anyone expects them to become full time royals. If that truly was the expectation, growing up in Sweden would be far more logical so they are actually raised within the country they would be expected to represent. Most likely, they'll loose their place in line to the throne soon, so that would be a clear message.

Moreover, they would learn from an early age from their mother what royal life is like, while they cannot learn that when their mother hardly takes on royal engagements. So, it would be contradictory for them (second generation) to become active while their parents (first generation) are not.

]I don't think anyone expects them to become full time royals. If that truly was the expectation, growing up in Sweden would be far more logical so they are actually raised within the country they would be expected to represent. Most likely, they'll loose their place in line to the throne soon, so that would be a clear message.

Agreed, particularly seeing that the Constitution Committee seemingly does not even want Carl Philip's children to become working royals in spite of growing up in Sweden. It was because your earlier post mentioned there being an issue that I wondered what you meant. :flowers:

I don't remember Madeleine being criticized for only attending tiara events can you show the many exaxples when that happened? I can imagine her being criticized for attending very few events, so I am curious whether it truly ws the glamorous aspecf that wasn't appreciated.

The original poster may have been referencing the discussions on this board, and if so, the examples can mainly be found in the threads concerning Princess Madeleine and her family.

The examples about Madeleine cherry-picking and attending the glamourous tiara events w/out doing much else can be mainly found in the threads about Princess Madeleine and her family. Everyone is naturally entitled to their own opinions, we may not agree with their judgement about something but still its getting annoying when she's constantly picked because of her title and the titles of her kids.

At least Madeleine can not be accused of costing money while living in Florida and there's no need to buy two evening gowns for the Nobel events :whistling:

The answer to your question is yes-she would be criticized no matter what she did.

The Halloween photo is just another thing for some to use to be uber critical of Madeline and her family.

Why would she want titles if she's going to live outside Sweden and not do many royal engagemetns? I understood that if the children were mostly educated outside Sweden, they would lose their place in the succession.. So what woud be the point of them having titles?

Why would she want titles if she's going to live outside Sweden and not do many royal engagemetns? I understood that if the children were mostly educated outside Sweden, they would lose their place in the succession.. So what woud be the point of them having titles?

Indeed. The titles of Princess Madeleine and her children followed the most traditional interpretation of custom and the Constitution, while it was Chris O'Neill's refusal of a title which was wanted personally.

I am firmly of the opinion that King Carl Gustaf was the one who decided all his grandchildren would have titles.

And as has been pointed out many times, when Princess Leonore was born, the only other grandchild was Princess Estelle-with no guarantee of any others. Now there are an additional 3 more children before Leonore in the line of succession. This leaves Madeleine and Chris more free in their lives.

I am firmly of the opinion that King Carl Gustaf was the one who decided all his grandchildren would have titles.

And as has been pointed out many times, when Princess Leonore was born, the only other grandchild was Princess Estelle-with no guarantee of any others. Now there are an additional 3 more children before Leonore in the line of succession. This leaves Madeleine and Chris more free in their lives.

but now there are other heirs and Mad and Chris have moved to America.. so it seems tht they are not going to rear the children in Sweden and their having titles in the US seems pretty redundant...

When the eldest child of Prince Carl and Princess Ingeborg was born, there already were three grandsons of King Oscar II - Prince Gustaf Adolf, Prince Wilhelm, and Prince Erik.

When the son of Prince Wilhelm was born, there already were two grandsons of King Gustaf V - Prince Gustaf Adolf and Prince Sigvard.

When the eldest child of Prince Carl Philip was born, there were four grandchildren of King Carl XVI Gustaf - Princess Estelle, Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, and Prince Oscar.

Just the same, all of those children held titles. (The sons of Wilhelm and Carl lost their titles only because they married unequally.)

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt...dottedynasty.4.396160511584257f218000814.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom