The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 09-13-2015, 03:05 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Why don't we give them a chance to settle into life in London before saying it won't work... Its obviously been a busy time for them, new job, new house to find and move into, a new baby and another little child to look after. I can't imagine Maddie has a problem living in London, she's lived there before and it means she is much closer to Sweden to visit her own family.
Yes, she was studying in London in the autumn 2001 and in January 2002 according to the official statement from the court, she quit her studies and moved back to Sweden because she couldn't cope with the paparazzis.
- The Princess has felt very bad when she has been every day being stalked by paparazzi, says Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg from the court.
- Princess Madeleine could in principle not go outside the door, without that there was a camera lens in her face.
Prinsessan Madeleine avbryter studier _ SvD

Madeleine's friend Caroline Leksell Cooke lives in London, Madeleine and Chris were at her wedding in St. Moritz in 2012. According to LinkedIn Caroline sells Google advertising solutions to Procter and Gamble in the UK and Nordics.
__________________

  #222  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,602
Expressen has an article today that because of her children Madeleine cancelled her attendance at the World Childhood Foundation's ThankYou gala tomorrow, even though at the invitation it is said that the dinner takes place in the presence of the "Queen Silvia of Sweden and Princess Madeleine of Sweden".
The court confirms that Madeleine is not in place tomorrow in New York:
- No, the princess is at home in London. She has young children and can not go on such a long journey right now. She has chosen to prioritize the children, and to remain at home in London, says Margareta Thorgren.
Recently, it became known that when the organization My Big Day celebrates 15 years in Sweden their patron Princess Madeleine will not attend. Even then, she decides to be at home with the family.
Därför ställer prinsessan Madeleine in besök på välgörenhetsgala _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
__________________

  #223  
Old 09-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
I think one coud not expecte Madeleine to make such a long jorney and to leave her children behind. I'm going to fully understand her here. Now, I wasn't expecting her to miss "Min Stora Dag", but that's another story. I think I'm going to see how things will develop as I'm starting forming my idea over this matter...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #224  
Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,203
Can't she just make up her mind and get it over with?! Release a statement saying you step back from your official duties and responsibilities to focus on a new life in the UK, put your kids in a British school to get them out of the Line of succession and that'll be the end of that. Of course there's going to be headlines and grumbling in the press but that'll pass quickly and besides she's in the UK so she won't see much of it.
  #225  
Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,484
Exactly, its ridiculous that the palace releases now a comment on everything Madeleine choses to do or not to do and why, while the reason given (kids, focus on family) is not good enough for every event (opening of Parliament yes but other events no), its bound to be critizised.
  #226  
Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,209
With the arrival of Victoria's second child there will be more than enough heirs to the throne.
Let's keep the rights to the throne and the princely title to the Victoria branch.
Nothing wrong to be mr. and mrs. O'Neil and mr and mrs Bernadotte
  #227  
Old 09-24-2015, 03:05 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,726
Agree. It is completely ridiculous. Τhe palace trying to save those who are not saved. You have to make a decision and make it back for now at least if you can not meet these minimum doing now.
  #228  
Old 09-24-2015, 03:09 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly, its ridiculous that the palace releases now a comment on everything Madeleine choses to do or not to do and why, while the reason given (kids, focus on family) is not good enough for every event (opening of Parliament yes but other events no), its bound to be critizised.
Yes, and the problem at these cancellations is that obviously Madeleine has told to both World Childhood Foundation (ThankYou project has been her project) and Min Stora Dag that she will attend, and they have put "in the presence of HRH princess Madeleine" to adds and invitations. Then she cancels and Margareta Thorgren says that she has two young children. Didn't she think when she accepted to attend at these events that she will have a baby and another small child in September 2015, and at least a trip to New York isn't reasonable to do in these circumstances.
  #229  
Old 09-24-2015, 03:38 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 701
I agree with all the posters above. The problem isn't her absence (that is understandable, she has two young children). The problem is that she makes promises, and then bails out in the last minute. Just let it go. Say that she will be on maternity leave for a year - maybe come home for Nobel - but that's it. Don't keep sending these mixed signals.
  #230  
Old 09-24-2015, 03:40 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,209
You can avoid that by simply restrict the members of the royal family
  #231  
Old 09-24-2015, 06:26 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,405
I think she likes being a princess and doesn't want to let that go , but she does have a husband who isn't keen , so she is trying to please him by doing family stuff but also she wants to keep the title of princess !! so she try's to do the charity things and then realises she has to stay home
  #232  
Old 09-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
I think she likes being a princess and doesn't want to let that go , but she does have a husband who isn't keen , so she is trying to please him by doing family stuff but also she wants to keep the title of princess !! so she try's to do the charity things and then realises she has to stay home
I think they are in a process of trying to find their own balance. They are looking to balance what kind of family life they want to have with his and her roles. Right now it's not going very well it seems and it has gone very fast with wedding and 2 kids so I think right now is the first time they are actually letting things sink in. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will find a nice balance, but I think they should avoid making plans for her like that. I think it would be better if it got announced later as a plus. Better to tell late than to have to pull out. I mean... the New York thing should have never been schedueled/had her pull out when she found out she was pregnant.
  #233  
Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
I think she likes being a princess and doesn't want to let that go , but she does have a husband who isn't keen , so she is trying to please him by doing family stuff but also she wants to keep the title of princess !! so she try's to do the charity things and then realises she has to stay home
Exactly. I think that the Breadwinner at home has a clear view of things, but Madeleine doesnt, tries to fit in things that in the end cannot happen.
  #234  
Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. I think that the Breadwinner at home has a clear view of things, but Madeleine doesnt, tries to fit in things that in the end cannot happen.
I know what Madeleine is doing right now doesn't please a lot of people, but can stop all these mocking of Chris O'Neill stops. Everyone can say what you like about Madeleine, whether she wants to work or not , but I feel very sad comments like "breadwinner" keeps coming out and making fun of him.

There are men in my very conservative and traditional country who are breadwinners and they are not bad people at all. My husband used to be one of them as I was a stay at home mum for a few years, but that doesn't mean that I am a worthless and useless woman who allows my husband to trample on me. He is a good man who treats me with lots of respect.

If Mr Chris O'Neill is to come into my country, he receives lots of respect and the biggest round of applause.
  #235  
Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleigh View Post
I know what Madeleine is doing right now doesn't please a lot of people, but can stop all these mocking of Chris O'Neill stops. Everyone can say what you like about Madeleine, whether she wants to work or not , but I feel very sad comments like "breadwinner" keeps coming out and making fun of him.

There are men in my very conservative and traditional country who are breadwinners and they are not bad people at all. My husband used to be one of them as I was a stay at home mum for a few years, but that doesn't mean that I am a worthless and useless woman who allows my husband to trample on me. He is a good man who treats me with lots of respect.

If Mr Chris O'Neill is to come into my country, he receives lots of respect and the biggest round of applause.
I'm not one of those who used it, but I think people use the word "breadwinner" as a fast way to point out what kind of lifestyle and arrangements he expects in his life. Just like many women would use a word like "independant" doesn't mean they wouldn't want a partnership with their partner and share, just how they view their arrangement. And since a "breadwinner" arrangement is not common in Sweden it is a part of the cultural change of what is expected of Madeleine both from Chris and Sweden. In her job, she is expected to work and in her life she is expected to be a mum. She has a hard balaance to try and figure out. I don't think anyone is meaning either of them are bad people for wanting that arrangement!! Just that their expectation is clashing a bunch with her life!
  #236  
Old 09-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I'm not one of those who used it, but I think people use the word "breadwinner" as a fast way to point out what kind of lifestyle and arrangements he expects in his life. Just like many women would use a word like "independant" doesn't mean they wouldn't want a partnership with their partner and share, just how they view their arrangement. And since a "breadwinner" arrangement is not common in Sweden it is a part of the cultural change of what is expected of Madeleine both from Chris and Sweden. In her job, she is expected to work and in her life she is expected to be a mum. She has a hard balaance to try and figure out. I don't think anyone is meaning either of them are bad people for wanting that arrangement!! Just that their expectation is clashing a bunch with her life!
I agree with you and just to add - Chris referred to himself as 'the Breadwinner' in an interview he gave to Expressen
Royal husband tells of 'breadwinner' role - The Local
  #237  
Old 09-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think they are in a process of trying to find their own balance. They are looking to balance what kind of family life they want to have with his and her roles. Right now it's not going very well it seems and it has gone very fast with wedding and 2 kids so I think right now is the first time they are actually letting things sink in. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will find a nice balance, but I think they should avoid making plans for her like that. I think it would be better if it got announced later as a plus. Better to tell late than to have to pull out. I mean... the New York thing should have never been schedueled/had her pull out when she found out she was pregnant.
Good point. It has been going very fast for them. Plus the critical press. It seems to me that they have found a safe haven, nested and protected from the glare. I don't fault anyone in her situation. She thought she would be able to do things but now realizes otherwise. I'm okay with that.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #238  
Old 09-24-2015, 08:53 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,966
I also think that this is a case of badly managing diaries and communications. The children are both very young, and due consideration should have been taken before accepting engagements in the US, especially when the Queen herself is attending.
  #239  
Old 09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,517
i find it bad that madeleine cancels her attendance to the gala. she probably knew when she was told of the event that she would be living in london by that point, or in europe, that the trip would be long and that she would have 2 small children to take care of. guests have probably paid for expensive tickets to see her and silvia, and cancelling on them just doesn't seem very royal to me.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #240  
Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,582
In principle, I would see no problem in Madeleine missing the My Big Day and the World Childhood Foundation events except that:

1. She attended the official opening of the Swedish parliament, even though she also had two little children at home back then.

2. She had confirmed she would attend both events she missed, invitations were issued saying she would be there (which has an impact on overall attendance), and she then bailed out at the last minute.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, prince nicolas, prince nicolas of sweden, princess leonore, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News, Part 3, Sep. 2017 - present Marengo Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 5 09-21-2017 11:40 PM
General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Ansgar Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 250 04-24-2014 10:04 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday british royal history carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events cymry david armstrong-jones denmark duchess of brabant fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nazi news november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 picture of the week picture of the week december prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia soderberg state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises