Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure he won't attend. The guest was probably made up a while ago before things went south.

I'm sure nobody wants to see her/his father-in-law angry because you cheated his son/daughter, and with a plus: he is the King of your country and you are in all newspapers of the world because of that

Small question on what happened

ok - I may sound ignorant but I did not follow a lot what was going on. so could you please tell me - did he cheat before the engagement or afterwards - because to me this would be something different....

It happened before the engagement, it seems that the proposal was a last ditch effort to save the relationship.:sad:

It happened before the engagement, it seems that the proposal was a last ditch effort to save the relationship.:sad:

Some magazines say he cheated before the engagement, but Madeleine forgave him and accepted the proposal to work on the marriage.
But he cheated again after the engagement which caused it to fully collapse.

^^
So I'm confused with this story, the affair with the norwegian was before of after?

^^
So I'm confused with this story, the affair with the norwegian was before of after?

I think this was the one after the engagement. I'm not 100% though. :)

I think this was the one after the engagement. I'm not 100% though. :)
No the affair with the Norwegian was before the engagement but there are rumours that he may have had other affairs after the engagement - but that´s only speculations

And i can´t imagen Jonas would be present at the wedding, if he would be there the media would have a field-day:cool:. I belive that the guest-list was done before the engagement was broken off.

I feel Jonas should not go to the wedding because it will take the attention off Victoria and Daniel, the attention will be focused on Madeleine and Jonas.

I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement. Simply, because we are in this Forum means that we have to show our nobility by not say smth that each of us do not know for sure. Madeleine is a Beautiful Princess and Jonas is a Handsome guy: Both will find their new ways in life.

The chance Jonas would wanna experience this disgrace is extremely little.
People think after all he is the cheater.
And if he would go, I am picturing him in row 352 or so.

I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement.

It's about 99.99% confirmed in one way or another that Jonas screwed around and that's why she dumped him. Where there's smoke, there's fire and there was enough smoke to obscure the sun.

As for being invited.....he was invited before this happened. Now that it has happened, if he has any common sense at all, he won't show up. I know that he's good friends with Daniel, but aside from him I can't think of anyone else in the royal family who'd even want Jonas to show up. Just because the RF invites someone, doesn't mean they'll attend. Prince William was invited, as was Prince Harry, but I doubt seriously either of them will show up.

I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement. Simply, because we are in this Forum means that we have to show our nobility by not say smth that each of us do not know for sure. Madeleine is a Beautiful Princess and Jonas is a Handsome guy: Both will find their new ways in life.

Just because he is invited by the royal family, doesn't mean he will attend.
He won't, if he does, he'll ruin Victoria's day.

Seriously, it'll be a nightmare. I mean, all people will talk about is the fact Jonas showed up. They'll obsess over everyone's body language, is so-and-so giving Jonas X type of look, has he talked to Madeleine, is he sitting near the family or all the way in the back of the cathedral, is the King/Queen/Crown Princess shooting him dirty looks......it would completely overshadow what everyone is actually there for, which is to celebrate the wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

It would be an absolute circus of the highest order.

I don't believe the royal family's invitation list is official. The one published a few days ago was the governments. Most likely it was prepared before the announcement of the broken engagement. I doubt the royal family will invite Jonas. He would have no reason to be there other than as Madeleine's fiance.

The guest list is flawed because it lists Charles and Camilla, William, Harry, and Edward and Sophie. The British Royal Family has never had so many members attend any foreign Royal Wedding, so Jonas could have been a mistake. From what I've read on other Boards, the Swedish Royals' publicists are pretty poor when it comes to giving out accurate info.

It is not a guest list, but a list of invited.
The invitations for the wedding day got sent out in the middle of April. Probably the invitations from the government for the concert were sent around the same time.
And probably Jonas and several Windsors are on both invitations. As they were sent out before the break-up and as William, Harry etc. are invited for diplomatic reasons.

The guest list is flawed because it lists Charles and Camilla, William, Harry, and Edward and Sophie. The British Royal Family has never had so many members attend any foreign Royal Wedding, so Jonas could have been a mistake. From what I've read on other Boards, the Swedish Royals' publicists are pretty poor when it comes to giving out accurate info.
It is up to the invited to decide if they will attend or not. The Swedish royal family does not decide who will eventually attend, they only decide who gets the choice to attend or not.

I view it a whole lot differently if Jonas was with the Norwegian woman before the engagement than I would if it was after the engagement. (If the story is even true.) And, if Madeleine knew about, forgave him, and went through with the engagement anyway, that's her choice. If she had already forgiven him, then I find it pretty far-fetched that she would have canceled the engagement just because the story became public months later.

As for him going to the wedding, I'd say no chance it'll happen. I can't imagine he'd be welcome, especially since he'd draw so much media attention away from Victoria and Daniel.

Besides, even when he was in the king's good graces last winter, he was seated so far down the table at the Nobel awards dinner, he might as well have been eating in the kitchen. If he showed up at this, he'd probably find himself seated in the boiler room or something.

It is not a guest list, but a list of invited.
The invitations for the wedding day got sent out in the middle of April. Probably the invitations from the government for the concert were sent around the same time.
And probably Jonas and several Windsors are on both invitations. As they were sent out before the break-up and as William, Harry etc. are invited for diplomatic reasons.
We know how the invitations look but not who got them. Only the list for the pre-wedding event that is hosted by the government has been released.

Obviously
But probably the list of Royals is identical. The government was making the list with the help of the court and I can´t imagine a Royal getting invited for the concert, but not for the wedding.
The Royals might split though. E.g. Benedikte might attend the concert and Joachim & Marie the wedding.
And I am not picturing William and Harry to attend any of the two events.

Obviously
But probably the list of Royals is identical. The government was making the list with the help of the court and I can´t imagine a Royal getting invited for the concert, but not for the wedding.
The Royals might split though. E.g. Benedikte might attend the concert and Joachim & Marie the wedding.
And I am not picturing William and Harry to attend any of the two events.

Thats what I was just about to write.
You publish a list for pre-wedding events, if they invited to pre-wedding events it's extremly unlikely they won't be invited to the actual day. Thats just cruel. :)
But all of the guests invited, will attend all the pre-wedding events and the wedding. Not share for instance.
William will be in South Africa during the time of the wedding, and I presume his brother will be with him to.
I think Camilla, Charles, Edward and Sophie will attend. Edward seems to have a good relationship with the scandinavian royals. And Charles is dying to show off Camilla i should think. ;)

Well, Camilla will be the Queen of England, so it's only right she attend the wedding of the future Queen of Sweden.

^^
But Charles is the heir and he hasn't attend all the weddings of the future kings

^^
But Charles is the heir and he hasn't attend all the weddings of the future kings

He often-times can't for whatever reason or doesn't feel like going and someone else does. However the discussion was about Camilla attending and I said since she's going to be Queen of England, she should start attending these high-profile type events with him. Obviously that would hinge on Charles attending since I don't know if Camilla would attend an event like this without him, unless he was ill or otherwise physically indisposed.

It would be nice to see the Cornwalls' attending various events on the continent. Before Camilla becomes Princess Consort would be good.

Not to go off-topic, but the wife of the King is the Queen. If Camilla is styled anything other than HM Queen Camilla, it's an absolute insult. Charles is just as guilty in the break-up of his marriage to Diana as Camilla is, and if styling Camilla lower than is due to her by fact of marriage happens because some people in the realm can't get over the fact he's not still married to Diana, Charles should abdicate to his son and be done with it. Because if you're going to punish Camilla for her prior bad behavior, you have to punish Charles as well.

I'm not even in the Commonwealth and I think the idea is absolutely ridiculous. That would be like the wife of the President being styled something other than "First Lady". That's not how it's done.

/end off-topic

Quite right sister Morphine.
Camilla will be Queen, not Princess Consort.
And it would be Wales' not Cornwalls, seeing as that is Charles' primary title, even though Camilla chooses not to use it.

Besides, even when he was in the king's good graces last winter, he was seated so far down the table at the Nobel awards dinner, he might as well have been eating in the kitchen. If he showed up at this, he'd probably find himself seated in the boiler room or something.

Actually even thought he was seated at the end of the table, it was still the main table! They could have sat him at one of the other dozens of tables where he would have been lost in the crowd. But he wasn't, he was at the table of honor, next to extended family. (Table of Honor - The Nobel Banquet in Stockholm 2009 ) So he was very high in the kings good graces so I don't think king knew about it at the time. If, I doubt he will, but if he does show up I just hope then just turn him away.

I'm surprised they gave out invitations to both of the the prince of wales and his sons. They couldn't have realistic believed that either William or Harry would have actually accepted, even if Charles doesn't attended. More likely they were invited out of politeness. I think it's more likely that the Earl and the Countess of Wessex will be the only ones to appear at the wedding. They seem to be the only British royals to attended any outside royal events with any regular frequency.

Back
Top Bottom