Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Sorry. I don't get your point at all. There is no difference, an affaire is an affaire! There are no degrees, and no "get out of jail free" card.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . . then by George, I do believe it is indeed, a Duck! And, it is now "Open Season".

To be unfaithful is a choice. No one holds a gun to your head and tells you that you must cheat on your significant other. Your decisions are your own as are the consequences.

If, and for me the jury is still out, Jonas cheated I hope Madeleine ends the engagement with style and grace.

Haha, ich LIKED the example with the duck :ROFLMAO:....

Nevertheless I am curious what will happen to the couple in the future: 10 years a couple, sperated once already, cheated (if it is true), couple therapy even before the wedding.... what else will come? Could this be a good foundation for a marriage that shall last for the rest of their lives???
If you ask me -- eeeerm :sad:
BYe Bine

Haha, ich LIKED the example with the duck :ROFLMAO:....

Nevertheless I am curious what will happen to the couple in the future: 10 years a couple, sperated once already, cheated (if it is true), couple therapy even before the wedding.... what else will come? Could this be a good foundation for a marriage that shall last for the rest of their lives???
If you ask me -- eeeerm :sad:
BYe Bine

Yes...even though there is almost no chance of them getting married now, I think that their marriage would almost certainly end in divorce, which I'm sure the SRF would not like one bit.

The swedish papers have different kind of stories:
Aftonbladet writes that the King and the Queen trust Jonas, they refuse to believe that he has cheated Madeleine. A close friend of the royal family says that Jonas and Madeleine have it very difficult to talk to another. Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court, says: "This is a family that talks and is humble and understanding". The King and the Queen have believed that this Tora doesn´t speak the truth. But Madeleine knows that it is true and is telling more and more to her parents.
Kungen vägrar tro på Tora Uppstrøm Berg – tar parti för Jonas Bergström | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Expressen (Johan T Lindwall) writes that Jonas is cracked by the king's criticism. According to people around him feels terribly ill and won´t even go out besides to his working place. Jonas hasn´t publicly denied Tora´s story. Nor the court have given comments about the allegations.
Jonas Bergström är knäckt av kungens kritik - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expresse

If the magazine published that article I think that they had proves as if not they could be sued; I doubt that they acted so foolishly on this matter; so I really think that the thing with that Tora is true.

I've caught myself quacking like a duck often. Still I find reasons to forgive myself of wanting to fit the shoe. In Jonas' case I have to ask myself if he has seemed an unfaithful and or a worshiping person. He always appears regal from all I can tell by looking at him constantly through here in this forum. And I can't say I've ever been disappointed by his candor. He seems always fit for the Royal role given Madeleine is truly wanting of his companionship. I have no doubt that there has been mutual bond and obvious love since their romance has gone on for years, so it surprises me that they may call it quits. Who knows though. I personally wouldn't get too jealous if my partner were to be open minded to find someone else instead of me if her heart felt so. I'm liberal that way, but I imagine sometimes many people are not for various reasons. Whatever may happen I hope that this loving couple marry for the right reasons. Therefore I hope it is for bond and everlasting love.

Swedish "Nyheter24" is looking for a secret film, where Jonas is seen with someone else than Madeleine. They know that many medias have declined to buy the film because they didn´t want to offend the court.
Vi jagar filmen på Jonas Bergström | Inrikes | Nyheter | Nyheter24

Resume has interviewed the editor of Nyheter24, Aaron Israelsson. He didn´t want to say more about the film than what was at their internet page. He doesn´t know how much he could pay for the film, before he has seen what´s in it. He hasn´t any ethical concerns about this buying offer, because the news value and public interest are so big.
Resumé: Redaktör jagar hemlig film på Jonas Bergström

IMO after this scandal I doubt that there is going to be a wedding, and if the story about the film is true :hammer:

Don't people have anything better to do that go after others?

Open seasons yes! No one gets a get out of jail free card for this. I was in no way defending him, but lets be honesty, there are different levels of evil. What he did isn't on the same level, it's like comparing a regular duck to a giant mutant godzilla-duck. If they got engaged to save the relationship not only is that beyond ridicules move to make, but it obviously didn't work! There is a lot of sympathy Madeleine, and while I do feel bad for her, but I just can't wondering what was she think? How on earth could she think being engaged to him would make it in anyway better?

^^
I agree with you. But this is turning to be so strange that I don't know what to think anymore. I hope that they don't get married only to stop the scandal.

Did Jonas' affair happen after they got engaged or before? Just wondering. It seems strange for these 'other women' to come out now unless they just recognized Jonas from photos during the engagement publicity.

The affair (if it did take place) was a couple of months before the engagement. But Swedish media are also saying they have heard many reports about Jonas' recent "partying", whatever that means.

We haven't heard anything from the posters that advocated for Victoria marrying Jonas because he was such a prince material and Madeleine settling for Daniel.

I have no doubt that if all the allegations are true, Madeleine will end the engagement very gracefully and handle herself as such. The pictures I've seen of these "other" women and I have to say if Jonas had affairs with them, he has very poor taste. They are, how do I say it, well, he had to have been very blind or very desparate.:ohmy:
They were together for eight years which is a long time, if he no longer wanted a relationship, why didn't he come clean with Madeleine instead of sneaking around and now humiliating Madeleine, her family, and his family?:bang:

The pictures I've seen of these "other" women and I have to say if Jonas had affairs with them, he has very poor taste. They are, how do I say it, well, he had to have been very blind or very desparate.:ohmy:

I've never understood this - it seems like the wife/fiancee/official girlfriend is always prettier than the girl on the side. It's bizarre.

I've never understood this - it seems like the wife/fiancee/official girlfriend is always prettier than the girl on the side. It's bizarre.

Some men just want the satisfaction of getting something, they are not supposed to have. :ermm:
Some distance from Sweden, the articles and Jonas will do Madeline some good.

Princess Madelaine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010

The engagment is now ofiicially of.......Aftonbladet

Princess Madelaine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010

Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström have ended their engagement.

Official press release from the Royal Palace today:
After careful consideration, Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström jointly decided to go separate ways.
They have come to the conclusion that the best thing for them is that they move in different directions.
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström appeal to the media to show them respect and consideration for this decision.
They need peace and quiet in this difficult situation. Extreme media coverage will not ease the situation for them.
We ask for your understanding that no further statements will be provided.

Oh dear.......I hope that the press leave both Princess Madeleine and Jonas alone as they will both be upset. If Jonas did cheat on Madeleine shame on him.

Good for her, I would say. And very fortunate that this all came out before the wedding.

Well...I am shocked. But I concur with everyone who says if it wasn't going to work out its better they realized this before they got married.

Hopefully Madeline and Jonas will both find their true loves...the furor will eventually die down and we can enjoy Victoria's wedding.

But I am shocked...was there real proof that he cheated on her?

Good for them they have announced it now and not later, at last it will die down before the wedding

I am shocked too :ohmy: When I was reading about Madeleine and Jonas having problems, I didn`t believe it at first. Then when it became more serious, I really hoped they could resolve the problems... but apparently something very awful happened.

What a disappointment... Hopefully Princess Madeleine will find hapiness with someone else.

This is so sad news, but if its true that Jonas have cheated on here Im so glad she got rid of him...She deserve so much better!

he can say goodbuy to his future title Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland. I am glad for Madeleine she know now before the wedding, feel so sorry, now you start to think, if he ever love her or it was becsue she was a princess and wanted the social level and money?probably we will never know, it is so sad I thoguht that they did a beautfl couple

What a horrible news, I must say that I never believed on media rumors about Madeleine and Jonas's crisis.
Good luck to Madeleine and Jonas from now.

Back
Top Bottom