Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Madeleine and Jonas go to therapy:
Går i terapi för kärleken | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
b-e-w photo

Daniel Nyhlen writes at his blog in SvenskDam, that according to some sources, Madeleine has had enough and would prefer to just leave Jonas now. But now when the wedding of Victoria and Daniel comes closer, the king and queen put a stop to those plans. The court thinks that a break right now be catastrophic, and cast long dark shadows over the royal wedding.
Madeleine och Jonas till psykolog för sina problem | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg

It's harsh if it's true that the King and Queen are stopping her from ending her relationship, she and Jonas should be the ones to decide when it ends.

Something official has already been said (that they are still together) but that hasn't slowed down the gossip in the least bit. If she knew he had cheated and still wanted to stay (as much as I have to personally disagree) then fine, but they shouldn't have became in engaged until after her sister got married. They totally jumped the gun on this, they had to have know it would come out. It would have been better for all parties if this had actually came out before the engagement while they were just still dating it would have been a less serious thing. It's one thing for both sister to be engaged at the same time, that's fine, but if one had a secret waiting the shadows somewhere not a good idea.:hammer:

According to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen king Carl Gustaf is furious with Jonas, he thinks he has disgraced Madeleine and the entire royal family. The King has made it clear to everyone in the family and the Court's communications department that no one would give any comments. The king is, reportedly, demanded to meet Jonas later this week.
Kungen rasande på Jonas Bergström - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

According to Johan T Lindwall from Expressen king Carl Gustaf is furious with Jonas, he thinks he has disgraced Madeleine and the entire royal family. The King has made it clear to everyone in the family and the Court's communications department that no one would give any comments. The king is, reportedly, demanded to meet Jonas later this week.

If the King were reportedly angry with me and wanted to meet with me, I'd be legitimately terrified. :shock: I almost feel sorry for Jonas.

Almost.

I don't feel sorry at all, he knew that this could happen :bang:

Well, you know it has been said that the King also has had his flings... ;) So I don't think this will affect his opinions too much, really!

The King might have had his flings, but I wonder if they were during his own engagement ? ...which is a bad sign, I think, for the character of Jonas if this is true. The Princess is still wearing her engagement ring, so that may be a good sign. (or bad) depending on your point of view.

Well, you know it has been said that the King also has had his flings... ;) So I don't think this will affect his opinions too much, really!

Yes, the King might have has his flings when he was young. But now he is a father, Madeleine is his daughter, his youngest child. I think that the King is furious with Jonas, who has hurt his darling daughter

The King might have had his flings, but I wonder if they were during his own engagement ? ...which is a bad sign, I think, for the character of Jonas if this is true. The Princess is still wearing her engagement ring, so that may be a good sign. (or bad) depending on your point of view.

The King reportedly had a few affairs at some points in his marriage, I think in the early/mid nineties? I'm still not entirely sure if it's true, but maybe that's because I just don't want to believe it. :sad:

There was never anything of substance implying seriously, they king had a mistress or even several.

Princess Mary said in an interview just prior to or after her wedding ( cannot recall exactly when ) something to the tune of if a royal has to constantly defend themselves in the press to the public they will have to do so everyday because of all the things that get written about them. Perhaps this is the case with Madeleine and Jonas hence no one has denied or confirmed these rumours. I don't know much about the Swedish Royals other than what I read on this board and others but if the King is supposed to be someone strict as has been written, he would have suggested to the couple to put an end to the relationship so that it does not steal the thunder of Victoria's wedding. Then again he could have learnt from cousin Daisy and said to them to show an united front until after the wedding and then call it quits. I am one of those who will give the couple the benefit of the doubt that they are still engaged and will wait until an official announcement comes from the palace.
Someone from the royal family or the court must comment on this (more then the vague statement they have made) beacuse this story is not going to die from itself, it´s much bigger then the usual gossip that the newspapers write about. It´s been in the biggest papers (many pages...) and they even discuss it on the news mornings shows both in SVT and in TV4 - so to end this the couple must show themself so we see that all is good or they should split up - and i think the sooner the better! Otherwise this will take away some of the focus from Victoria and Daniel

If I were Jonas and this is all true, I think I would be about to wet my pants in terror. :ermm: I hope the King and Queen aren't stopping Madeleine from breaking it off - that's an awful thing to do, IMO. And letting this go on casts a far bigger shadow over the wedding than a break up would.

This is B.S

What would the King exactly have to say to his future SIL in the matter? Don't get caught next time? Either Madeline stays with him or breaks up with him- what does the king (no stranger to infidelity rumors himself) have to say in the matter!?

And I agree M&J need to do something now- their first public appearance after this cannot be at V&D's wedding....it will take all of the attention of Victoria and that is just not right. Or maybe Madeline wants it that way? (In which case I would not blame Victoria if Madeline was barred from the celebrations :))

Even if the king did, it should be another thing entirely when it happens to your child.

If the King were reportedly angry with me and wanted to meet with me, I'd be legitimately terrified. :shock: I almost feel sorry for Jonas.

Almost.

I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever if the rumors of his infidelity are true. Carl Gustaf may be a King, but he also a father and fathers can be VERY protective of their daughters, royal or otherwise. My dad once threatened to lose a boyfriend of mine in the forest if he so much as made me shed one tear that wasn't in joy.....and he meant it. My dad doesn't mess around when it comes to me and my sister and I suspect that he is no different when it comes to Victoria and Madeleine. He wants them to be as happy as he is with their mother and naturally if Jonas stepped out on her and embarrassed her in such a degrading way, he has every right to be infuriated.

I wonder how the Queen at the tim handle the situation? of her husband affairs

I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever if the rumors of his infidelity are true. Carl Gustaf may be a King, but he also a father and fathers can be VERY protective of their daughters, royal or otherwise. My dad once threatened to lose a boyfriend of mine in the forest if he so much as made me shed one tear that wasn't in joy.....and he meant it. My dad doesn't mess around when it comes to me and my sister and I suspect that he is no different when it comes to Victoria and Madeleine. He wants them to be as happy as he is with their mother and naturally if Jonas stepped out on her and embarrassed her in such a degrading way, he has every right to be infuriated.

I think my post might have been somewhat deceiving-- I, too, feel no remorse for Jonas. Hence the "almost." :) He has brought this upon himself.

I think my post might have been somewhat deceiving-- I, too, feel no remorse for Jonas. Hence the "almost." :) He has brought this upon himself.

Oh no, I understood your post/point. I was just saying that I had no sympathy for him either, if the rumors are true.

Very sorry to burst your bubble ,
but Jonas Bergstrom has just be found to have had an affair with a Norwegian girl when in Austria last year with his friends.... The girl came to the press like the Tiger Saga. This is in all the Scandinavian papers. They are now going for counselling in an affort to save the relationship..One can't help to wonder other women will come forward.

but Jonas Bergstrom has just be found to have had an affair with a Norwegian girl when in Austria last year with his friends.... The girl came to the press like the Tiger Saga. This is in all the Scandinavian papers. They are now going for counselling in an affort to save the relationship..One can't help to wonder other women will come forward.

Whose bubble are you bursting, exactly?

I believe the palace confirmed their together so the media will get off their back. I almost fully believe now that Jonas cheated on Madeleine. Nina Eldh did say something like they need to work through this like a family. If nothing happened, then why do they have to work through it?!

The Norwegian girl, whose said to have an affair with Jonas, said she was happy when Queen Silvia said the wedding was postponed. She also said she's sad for Madeleine because she has a fiance who cheats on her. Wow. If Jonas did this, then either he has a problem with unfaithfulness or he never really loved Madeleine. The sad thing is when you are a royal, celebrity or even rich, you never know who loves you for you.

I feel sorry for Madeleine. [/QUOTE

If the Norwegian girl had been so sad for Madeleine, she wouldn´t have had a fling with her fiancee. I have to laugh always when I see the lovers in newspapers expressing their regrets... They just want to get into spotlight. It is very dangerous for famous men, because there are always women around them eager to make themselves visible through the men and don´t hesitate to sell their stories to tabloid.
I agree these women are running to the media for the money and of course, the media, as it's duty, is eager to pay these people for the sensational story. These "lovers" expressing their regrets and sadness is nothing but hypocrisy.

but..a rumor is a mouth to mouth communication that is considered as authentic (By this I mean, real)

But there are rumours and rumours. In the king´s case no names of women very brought in.
Apart from Anna Lindmarker maybe, but this was based on a misunderstanding.

If she knew he had cheated and still wanted to stay (as much as I have to personally disagree) then fine, but they shouldn't have became in engaged until after her sister got married. They totally jumped the gun on this, they had to have know it would come out. It would have been better for all parties if this had actually came out before the engagement while they were just still dating it would have been a less serious thing.
Regardless of any allegations I don't understand why they had to announce their engagement so quickly after Victoria did. Couldn't she have allowed her sister to enjoy the limelight of her special day especially considering she's the Crown Princess.

ugh, you can't really compare the two situations with each other, the only thing they have income are the women cheated on were both Swedish and blond. Theres a different from cheating and cheating with multiply women prostitutes (while married with kids), then claiming your a addicted to sex. :sad:

:previous: Sorry. I don't get your point at all. There is no difference, an affaire is an affaire! There are no degrees, and no "get out of jail free" card.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . . then by George, I do believe it is indeed, a Duck! And, it is now "Open Season".

To be unfaithful is a choice. No one holds a gun to your head and tells you that you must cheat on your significant other. Your decisions are your own as are the consequences.

If, and for me the jury is still out, Jonas cheated I hope Madeleine ends the engagement with style and grace.

Well, that´s absolutely correct: He´s an angry father.... but the difference here is: he is also the king! And (if it´s true), not only his beloved daugther has been cheated, but also the beloved princess of a country.... as a consequence: now the entire country is angry.

I do not want to be him at the moment..... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

On the other hand: was he really so silly to believe, that this won´t be made public one day????
BYe Bine

Regardless of any allegations I don't understand why they had to announce their engagement so quickly after Victoria did. Couldn't she have allowed her sister to enjoy the limelight of her special day especially considering she's the Crown Princess.

Completely agree. Some said, that they went engaged to save their relationship. A silly reason, if it is true.... but some truth may be included, as they HAD TO WAIT until the big sister announcing her engagement before. If this would not have been the case, they may have engaged years ago already....
BYe Bine

Back
Top Bottom