The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Where have you read that he´s been unfaitful? I haven´t heard that - and i´m from Sweden... From what i have read it´s that Madeleine and Jonas would have different priorities and that he works alot and want´s to go out and party with friends and she don´t... But ofcourse we don´t know the truth

Someone here posted an article wherein Madeleine was said to be "betrayed and angry" at Jonas. The only reason I can see a woman to feel "betrayed" is if she's been cheated on. You don't feel betrayed if your fiance works long hours. It may be annoying and you may not like seeing him so little, but that's not a betrayal. Infidelity is, though.

Obviously this is all conjecture and no one knows for sure, but that's what it sounds like to me.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Well, why don't we wait and see what happens.

Either they will get over their difficulities and we will see them again or after Victoria's wedding...they will break up. Madeline won't be the first woman (or Princess for that matter) to get engaged and then break up with no wedding in sight.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

And if they don't get married, it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes people get married after dating a long time because its expected of them. But they don't stay married long. Sometimes it means they should have broken up sooner.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
If Jonas did not cheat on Madeleine and if she's upset because of his work then she REALLY needs to grow up! Becuase in the real world people have to work.
I don't think work is implied, because with 8 years together she should know how things are (with work of course)

I'm very sad because if this a definetely break up, then she will spend a long time alone before dating again, and years are passing by...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
I don't think work is implied, because with 8 years together she should know how things are (with work of course)

I'm very sad because if this a definetely break up, then she will spend a long time alone before dating again, and years are passing by...
o no how old is the princess i hope she doesn't wait into she is like 37 to marry
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:

But she's only 27!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Either they will get over their difficulities and we will see them again or after Victoria's wedding...they will break up. Madeline won't be the first woman (or Princess for that matter) to get engaged and then break up with no wedding in sight.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

And if they don't get married, it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes people get married after dating a long time because its expected of them. But they don't stay married long. Sometimes it means they should have broken up sooner.
Yep I agree Zonk.They won't break up before then because it would be a distraction to the royal wedding. I hope they work it out.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

What its true. You know it is in four years or less we will be comparing her singlehood with Victoria wonderful golden family
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
What its true. You know it is in four years or less we will be comparing her singlehood with Victoria wonderful golden family
Yep, I agree...I'm worried is because for the historical time of relationships (I mean, Victoria was dating 7 years ago with Daniel, Carl Philipe like 10 years dating with Emma, and Madeleine 8 years with Jonas) in this family, one wonders if next will have to wait 8 years in average to get married with Madeleine
Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

yeah well I think this fam over thinks love but who can blame them? poor emma 10 years wastedand jonas 7 years and to come out with no princess?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
yeah well I think this fam over thinks love but who can blame them? poor emma 10 years wastedand jonas 7 years and to come out with no princess?
A relationship, no matter how long or short, is never wasted. Plenty of people can be in good, healthy and long-lasting relationships without getting married *cough*. And, as perhaps in the case with Madeleine and Jonas, marriage or engagement can sometimes cause a relationship to collapse.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
o no how old is the princess i hope she doesn't wait into she is like 37 to marry

Madeleine is three days younger than me. I was born June 7th, 1982 and she was born on June 10th.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Poor Emma? She wasn't locked in a dungeon for those 10 years, she chose to stick around, the same with him, he chose to go ten years with her. Neither party was forced, so neither party needs to be others to feel sorry for them.

As for Madeline, not to sound to harsh, but there has been reports for long while (not just this year) about there being trouble in her relationship with Jonas, but they chose not to just continue on but to become engaged. The news (or gossip) hints at him cheating, but that might not be the case, the media might just know they are having issues and just making up the rest with what will sell. Not to mentaion, since she is the princess they are just taking her side, I've heard seen the swedish press have any negative reporting (aside from 'we need a republic'). Taking into account the past stories for problems, they might just be having he same old problems, but now that they are engaged it's putting more pressure on their relationship. Add to that wedding of her sister so near, makes for a great juicy story. I've always wondered about Jonas, little is said about him other then the boyfriend with a 'proper job, oh hes a lawyer; grow up in a better neighborhood, in Stockholm not a small town', but hes largely got a pass by the media. Their relationship was less reported on yet they have this cycle of having a crisis (its almost always mentioned about his work hours), then they take a vacation, then how she's tired of waiting and wants marriage in kids. I wont be surprised if they do break up.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I only mentioned work because the tabloids implied it. But I do agree that it would be terrible to end a relationship because of work. Also, it is hard being in a relationship with someone you barely see. But who knows. Only Madeleine and Jonas know the real reason.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Exactly! I couldn't have said it better.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
With all the speculation going in, I would almost think it would be better to come clean now if they really have broken up - instead of letting the appearance/non-appearance of Jonas at Victoria's wedding day become a media event by itself. Then, if he is present, there will be a lot of focus on Madeleine's and Jonas' interaction. Would be a pity for Victoria's and Daniel's big day IMO.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Gentry

Daniel Nyhlén over at SvenskDam is reporting that Madeleine and Jonas had a secret "emergency" meeting yesterday. They spent a long time driving around Östermalm in Jonas' Jeep talking, probably their one last attempt to save the relationship.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Z. View Post
Daniel Nyhlén over at SvenskDam is reporting that Madeleine and Jonas had a secret "emergency" meeting yesterday. They spent a long time driving around Östermalm in Jonas' Jeep talking, probably their one last attempt to save the relationship.
One of the comments on the blog makes a good point: why did they drive around when they could have just met in their apartment?

This whole thing is just a mess.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=Jonquil;1070818]One of the comments on the blog makes a good point: why did they drive around when they could have just met in their apartment?

Because couples sometimes choose a neutral place for discussions.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet had yesterday on it´s paper version a big article about "The double life of Jonas"
HAN LEVER DUBBELLIV | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Jonas Bergströms dubbelliv « Hovbloggen - Aftonbladet
Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Courtier

IF Madeline & Jonas do call off their engagement will she still move into the palace that is being renovated for them ??

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine