The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeliene may not look like "Mrs Straight-forward Innocent" to you but can you give any evidence other than what she "looks" like to support such an inflammatory statement?

Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Madeliene may not look like "Mrs Straight-forward Innocent" to you but can you give any evidence other than what she "looks" like to support such an inflammatory statement?
All I wanted to say is that I dont buy the prejudice that "Jonas is the bad guy who destroyed everything". There are more people involved, like the King, who isnt the moral instance people thought he would be and Madeleine has always had the image - and on a message board like TRF we all depend on image and how we interpret photos and articles - of being spoilt and used to get what she wants in any respect. I find the version of Jonas cheating and that was it far too easy.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Madeleine has always had the image - and on a message board like TRF we all depend on image and how we interpret photos and articles - of being spoilt and used to get what she wants in any respect
In your eyes, you mean to say.
Interpreting photos is subjective and legitimate, but I always find it amazing if a personal view mainly based on believing in a cliché created by the media is considered to be an opinion.
Judging by the facts that have surfaced - see the respective posts from last year -, the 'spoiled brat' cliché hardly applies to the relationship dynamics between Princess Madeleine and Jonas B., who apparently neither cheated only once nor was forgiven only once.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Jonas Bergström first speaks of the breaking of her engagement to Madeleine of Sweden: 'I felt really pressured'
Jonas Bergström habla por primera vez de la ruptura de su compromiso matrimonial con Magdalena de Suecia: 'Me he sentido realmente presionado'

Google Google Translate
Old 07-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
In your eyes, you mean to say.
Interpreting photos is subjective and legitimate, but I always find it amazing if a personal view mainly based on believing in a cliché created by the media is considered to be an opinion.
Judging by the facts that have surfaced - see the respective posts from last year -, the 'spoiled brat' cliché hardly applies to the relationship dynamics between Princess Madeleine and Jonas B., who apparently neither cheated only once nor was forgiven only once.
Of course in my eyes. Unless you belong to Madeleines circle of friends I am wondering what you base your opinion on if not media coverage - the part of it you chose to believe.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's agree to disagree; I just find it most difficult to come to a conclusive character assessment of anyone which is simply based on the part of media coverage I choose to believe instead of the confirmed facts in this coverage.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Boris !
We simply don't have enough facts or knowledge.
Sometimes we just have to "wait and see"....
Old 07-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Let's agree to disagree; I just find it most difficult to come to a conclusive character assessment of anyone which is simply based on the part of media coverage I choose to believe instead of the confirmed facts in this coverage.
Its nor more a fact that Madeleine is a spoilt brat than Jonas having cheated more than once or was forgiven more than once, or did the palace come out with a statememt, I must have missed that.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its nor more a fact that Madeleine is a spoilt brat than Jonas having cheated more than once or was forgiven more than once, or did the palace come out with a statememt, I must have missed that.
The 'tit for tat' of rhetorical questions like this one is such a waste of time, don't you think?
Several sources reported at the time when the engagement was called off that the couple had contemplated to break up before due to another case of Jonas B.'s infidelity; I'm sure that the links are still included in the posts of this thread.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Well, the only fact is that neither Madeleine nor Jonas ever commented on the true reasons behind the break-up. Although it was widely reported at the time that Jonas was unfaithful, various "sources" will give various details but it is up to the individual what source to believe and what source not to believe.

Back to what I wanted to say, in a relationship of two people there is more than one side of the story and especially in this relationship, the Kings of Sweden will have played their part too.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Courtier

Wonder whether the break-up of the engagment (just hypothetically) might restrict her chances to find a noble/royal partner (after some people want her to marry Guillaume Luxembourg or Prince Harry.)
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

I doubt it. One has nothing to do with the other.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the cover of SvenskDam

Why is she doing this?
The transformation
Madeleine's ploy to look like the Jonas´ new girlfriend
SDT1145_,pdf.pdf
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

Why is she doing this?
The transformation
SDT1145_,pdf.pdf
maybe its just a magazine trying to stir it up?... but if its true its petty and makes her look very very shallow and kinda pathetic
Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

Why is she doing this?
The transformation
SDT1145_,pdf.pdf
Ofcourse it´s not true - just a magazine cooking up a story to sell a few more numbers
Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 AM

I do not understand some people...why cannot Jonas see that Madeleine is a Pearl of great price? She is smart, loving, deep, of splendid character and beauty all around--how could someone be unfaithful to a person like that?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMeriVinKian33 View Post
I do not understand some people...why cannot Jonas see that Madeleine is a Pearl of great price? She is smart, loving, deep, of splendid character and beauty all around--how could someone be unfaithful to a person like that?
Every person has a different idea of a perfect person. Maybe Madeleine wasn´t the right one for Jonas, maybe he is happier with Stephanie. And we don´t know what kind of relationship Madeleine and Jonas had.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine