The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine is not going to marry either of the Wales boys. I'm fairly certain that those in the United Kingdom would want their future queen to be born and bred in England, which is completely understandable to me. Furthermore, this isn't the 1800s anymore. We don't need to ship foreign princesses off halfway around the globe for the betterment of the empire.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews View Post
Before we all bundle up Madeleine and send her off COD to the Brits, let's take a look at her choices so far. That creep prior to Jonas was crude and rude. Groping her while their picture was taken gives us a picture of his character. Add his criminal record and his bullying of her brother and you can see that he should have been "thrown overboard" sooner.

Jonus, while exhibiting more style and class, was nonetheless a cheating, scheming piece of work. After viewing the "Wales Boys" falling out of pubs and into non-stop partying does not bode well for them either. Let's stop and take a few steps back and look at this entire situation again.

Princess Madeleine needs to relocate and find herself and her true path. She would greatly benefit from some therapy to change her expectations about men. If her sign says "sleazy jerk wanted, apply here," that's what she will get. She needs a new sign and a new attitude about what she expects and what she will or will not tolerate in a partner. It is certainly not too late to change the dynamics of her relationships. She is a lovely woman who deserves only the best.

I couldn't agree more with your excellent and thoughtful post...it sounds as if the Princess could benefit from some quiet time, some introspection and maybe even some therapy before jumping into another serious relationship...there is a saying...YOU GET THE KIND OF HUSBAND/WIFE YOU DESERVE.

The thing about a match with Prince William was simply a wistful musing on my part..I know it would never happen, unfortunately.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just out of interest because I have wanted to ask for quite some time.
If Madeleine were to get engaged with William/Harry, would she have to give up her title?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just out of interest because I have wanted to ask for quite some time.
If Madeleine were to get engaged with William/Harry, would she have to give up her title?
She would stay with her title.
If she was a crown princess then I think thats when she looses her title.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Nobility

Madeleine does deserve the best. It was Jonas for her for some years. Evidently deciding to say "the end" was something that was hard to experience. Yet for her it was the path towards a continuance of the best. Why she chose to break for good something that was so sure as to lead into engagement seems somewhat odd.

Maybe Jonas' infidelity was the ultimate wrong done. Maybe he knew the repercussions of his actions and fearlessly went ahead in any event. It may give an insight as to who he was to Madeleine and how he looked at the prosperity of their future being wedded. Who is to say and who is to know?... but we know that Madeleine took it hard because it led to cancellation of committed entries in her life's scheduling.

I simply hope she's finding fine what life may throw at her way and that she grows as a person having gone through a long relationship with just that one person. It must be hard to find solvency but I think she will shine with charm. She looks it. God only knows though. I wish Maddie well in all that befalls her way. I'm sure she'll be ok.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Commoner

Madeleine and the BRF????

Ya. I reckon she would fit right in
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post

What's that supposed to mean?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
What's that supposed to mean?
That the BRF are rather prim and proper, and Madeleine is none of those perhaps?
The BRF has always been regarded as the strictest and regalist of monarchys, in it's own way of course.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

If Jonas cheated on her, then he has no one to blame but himself when Princess Madeline broke up with him. If the stories about him getting a co-worker pregnant are true, you can't blame the Princess for breaking up with him. She was engaged to be married to him and this in my book would be a serious relationship. Whether or not the Princess was a difficult person is not an excuse for him to cheat on her. Since he had been involved with her for a long time, he knew who she was as a person. If he had issues with her, it was rather heartless of him to ask her to marry him and then later cheat on her or go out with other women. Did he really think he would get away with this and never get caught? He got caught which he would have evidently. It is easier for a woman to stay with someone who cheats than it is to break up with him.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder why people have some negative comments about P Madeleine, I haven't followed the SRF very much...still, it is a sad thing for an engagement to end and in such a public thing...Whether she is nice or not, she doesn't deserve it.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That the BRF are rather prim and proper, and Madeleine is none of those perhaps?
The BRF has always been regarded as the strictest and regalist of monarchys, in it's own way of course.
With regard to Madeleine ever marrying into the BRF, I'm in two minds whether to think "run Madeleine, run away as fast as you can!" or "thank goodness some foreign royal influence at last!"

The protocol, formality and of course HM herself may well be regarded as the strictest/regalist, but I truly do not believe regal is a word I would automatically associate with the BRF!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post

I dunno, haven't seen her get her toes sucked by a bald advisor of late. . . .
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I dunno, haven't seen her get her toes sucked by a bald advisor of late. . . .
Oh dear, some things are just u-n-r-e-p-e-a-t-a-b-l-e!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They would like the world to believe that. There are many, many skeltons in their closets. Regal, prim and proper in public is one thing. What goes on behind closed doors is another.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

^You don't actually need to look behind closed doors to find sleazyness and questionable behaviors.
I genuinely believe that many Briton are utterly delusional when it comes to their Royal Family, but that's a debate for another thread.

Also, I can't believe we now have a Jonas stan in here. I mean, it's not against the rules or anything, but of all the people one could choose to admire and defend to the bitter end... Jonas?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Also, I can't believe we now have a Jonas stan in here. I mean, it's not against the rules or anything, but of all the people one could choose to admire and defend to the bitter end... Jonas?
I don't think anyone here admire Jonas. I see no fanclub, in other words. We just don't like preaching. If I were a man and had balls, I'd say that a bit differently of course...
Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't think anyone here admire Jonas. I see no fanclub, in other words. We just don't like preaching. If I were a man and had balls, I'd say that a bit differently of course...
What do you mean by "We don't like preaching?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Certain members here have presented Jonas as the Devil, if you like. I think we've all had enough. And know what? Women cheat too!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
She's been using the Royal "We". It happens when she hangs around Russo too much.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Certain members here have presented Jonas as the Devil, if you like. I think we've all had enough. And know what? Women cheat too!!!

No one said women don't cheat. Please don't attempt to present an argument that has not been made. Those to whom you are referring have merely presented Jonas to be exactly what he is -- a cheating, two-timing sleazebag. It doesn't matter if women cheat in relationships as well, in THIS relationship it was the man not keeping his pants zipped. Had Madeleine been the one screwing around and Jonas ended the engagement, we'd all be saying the same things, but this time about her.

The idea that if people criticize Jonas, it somehow means they are ignoring that there are women in the world who behave the same way, is absolutely ludicrous.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine