Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree Sister Morphine!!

One dont feel betrayed and angry just for a little fight and more if one is gonna get married soon.

It is best for it to end now than for them to marry and then divorce IMO

I think to say that ALL of the blame falls on Jonas would be unfair. I think that, taking from what we know about the situation, both parties are at fault here.

If the rumors are true, and Madeleine is "betrayed and angry", that tells me he cheated on her. I don't care what she did, she's not to blame if he cheated on her.

I hope he didn't cheat on her. If Jonas did, he is an utter fool. Plenty of men would love to have Madeleine as their wife-to-be, and he screws up.

I'd rather think this relationship feel apart. If it did anyway.

Maybe Madeleine feels that Jonas has betrayed her by not doing enought work for their relationship, by working long days and partying at nights. You can´t take care of a relationship if you don´t spent time together.

According to Expressen, Madeleine has ordered Jonas to move out of their home. Madeleine´s friends say that she feels betrayed and angry. Over the weekend Madeleine spend time to planning Victoria´s bachelorette party.
Madeleine has lived with friends, now she has ordered Jonas to move out. Jonas was at home in the couple's home on Wednesday and has since lived with friends. Next week when Madeleine goes to the U.S., he can return to their common home - but not as long as Madeleine is there. Currently, she refuses to live under the same roof as Jonas.
Från kärlekssemester i solen till utslängd - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

I told u ladies read my post above or the page back :D its the girl code

no he won't unless tthey come out togther b4 hand.And the rummors r true if not we would have seen them at QM bday

As previously stated Madeline had a commitment at home when QM's birthday celebrations were on. No use Jonas attending twithout Madeline.
If the rumours are true, I hope they sort it out soon. They do seem like a wonderfully matched couple. If they aren't then I hope they decide on what to do soon as it will damage the SRF and Madeline, plus hurt Madeline and Jonas.

As previously stated Madeline had a commitment at home when QM's birthday celebrations were on. No use Jonas attending twithout Madeline.
If the rumours are true, I hope they sort it out soon. They do seem like a wonderfully matched couple. If they aren't then I hope they decide on what to do soon as it will damage the SRF and Madeline, plus hurt Madeline and Jonas.

Naw I don't think it will damage SRF that much just a case of we thought it would work but........... she'll be over him soon and we'll be talking about the next guy

Naw I don't think it will damage SRF that much just a case of we thought it would work but........... she'll be over him soon and we'll be talking about the next guy

I meant emotionally.
This man has been excepted into the family, he has probably come quite close to each member in different ways.
I doubt she'll get over someone she has been in love with for so long and engaged to, so quickly.

I hope he didn't cheat on her. If Jonas did, he is an utter fool. Plenty of men would love to have Madeleine as their wife-to-be, and he screws up.

I'd rather think this relationship feel apart. If it did anyway.

i agree maybe he felted second and not like his manhood was being respected

I am convinced now that Jonas must have cheated on Madeleine. I mean what other reason would you invite friends over, not go with your family to an important party. Usually in relationships, the only thing that could really mess a couple up, especially if their are in love, is cheating.

If Jonas did not cheat on Madeleine and if she's upset because of his work then she REALLY needs to grow up! Becuase in the real world people have to work.

I meant emotionally.
This man has been excepted into the family, he has probably come quite close to each member in different ways.
I doubt she'll get over someone she has been in love with for so long and engaged to, so quickly.

just asking how long have they been dating

Where have you read that he´s been unfaitful? I haven´t heard that - and i´m from Sweden... From what i have read it´s that Madeleine and Jonas would have different priorities and that he works alot and want´s to go out and party with friends and she don´t... But ofcourse we don´t know the truth

Where have you read that he´s been unfaitful? I haven´t heard that - and i´m from Sweden... From what i have read it´s that Madeleine and Jonas would have different priorities and that he works alot and want´s to go out and party with friends and she don´t... But ofcourse we don´t know the truth

Its was in some newspaper its in the this post or the maddie and jonas one i can't remember said something about being betrayed

The whole thing seems odd, if it's over his work load then it's just beyond stupid. He's work long hours is nothing new and it makes Madeleine seem immature for her to suddenly expecting that to change when its common knowledge that young/new lawyers will often have long hours when they work for a big firm. Not to mention that when Jonas went to the Nobel it brought more attention to the fact that Daniel didn't attended. Now they have a situation where a few month later after Jonas who was going to marry the 3rd in line went to a major event, while Daniel who is marrying the heir and have a much much bigger role didn't attended. In hind sight it will come off as the King favors Jonas more then Daniel, which is what the press often points out. To make things more awkward Jonas's parents were at the engagement and Daniels weren't, even if Daniels parents chose not to be there (which is very possible) it just makes the whole thing very very awkward. Now we have Madeline "fleeing the country" to get away from Jonas, after only months earlier giving an interview in a magazine where she talks about Jonas. Of course the court isn't handling this well, the best way to get Madeline off the headlines would to push the other couple into the spotlight, they have yet to give an interview.

The whole thing seems odd, if it's over his work load then it's just beyond stupid. He's work long hours is nothing new and it makes Madeleine seem immature for her to suddenly expecting that to change when its common knowledge that young/new lawyers will often have long hours when they work for a big firm. Not to mention that when Jonas went to the Nobel it brought more attention to the fact that Daniel didn't attended. Now they have a situation where a few month later after Jonas who was going to marry the 3rd in line went to a major event, while Daniel who is marrying the heir and have a much much bigger role didn't attended. In hind sight it will come off as the King favors Jonas more then Daniel, which is what the press often points out. To make things more awkward Jonas's parents were at the engagement and Daniels weren't, even if Daniels parents chose not to be there (which is very possible) it just makes the whole thing very very awkward. Now we have Madeline "fleeing the country" to get away from Jonas, after only months earlier giving an interview in a magazine where she talks about Jonas. Of course the court isn't handling this well, the best way to get Madeline off the headlines would to push the other couple into the spotlight, they have yet to give an interview.
WOW i jus agree on everything they stepped out too soon

Someone here posted an article wherein Madeleine was said to be "betrayed and angry" at Jonas. The only reason I can see a woman to feel "betrayed" is if she's been cheated on. You don't feel betrayed if your fiance works long hours. It may be annoying and you may not like seeing him so little, but that's not a betrayal. Infidelity is, though.

Obviously this is all conjecture and no one knows for sure, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Well, why don't we wait and see what happens.

Either they will get over their difficulities and we will see them again or after Victoria's wedding...they will break up. Madeline won't be the first woman (or Princess for that matter) to get engaged and then break up with no wedding in sight.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

And if they don't get married, it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes people get married after dating a long time because its expected of them. But they don't stay married long. Sometimes it means they should have broken up sooner.

If Jonas did not cheat on Madeleine and if she's upset because of his work then she REALLY needs to grow up! Becuase in the real world people have to work.

I don't think work is implied, because with 8 years together she should know how things are (with work of course)

I'm very sad because if this a definetely break up, then she will spend a long time alone before dating again, and years are passing by... :whistling:

I don't think work is implied, because with 8 years together she should know how things are (with work of course)

I'm very sad because if this a definetely break up, then she will spend a long time alone before dating again, and years are passing by... :whistling:

o no how old is the princess i hope she doesn't wait into she is like 37 to marry:eek:

But she's only 27! :eek:

Well, why don't we wait and see what happens.

Either they will get over their difficulities and we will see them again or after Victoria's wedding...they will break up. Madeline won't be the first woman (or Princess for that matter) to get engaged and then break up with no wedding in sight.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

And if they don't get married, it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes people get married after dating a long time because its expected of them. But they don't stay married long. Sometimes it means they should have broken up sooner.

Yep I agree Zonk.They won't break up before then because it would be a distraction to the royal wedding. I hope they work it out.

What its true. You know it is in four years or less we will be comparing her singlehood with Victoria wonderful golden family

Last edited by a moderator:
What its true. You know it is in four years or less we will be comparing her singlehood with Victoria wonderful golden family

Yep, I agree...I'm worried is because for the historical time of relationships (I mean, Victoria was dating 7 years ago with Daniel, Carl Philipe like 10 years dating with Emma, and Madeleine 8 years with Jonas) in this family, one wonders if next will have to wait 8 years in average to get married with Madeleine :lol:

yeah well I think this fam over thinks love but who can blame them? poor emma 10 years wasted:ermm:and jonas 7 years and to come out with no princess?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah well I think this fam over thinks love but who can blame them? poor emma 10 years wasted:ermm:and jonas 7 years and to come out with no princess?

A relationship, no matter how long or short, is never wasted. Plenty of people can be in good, healthy and long-lasting relationships without getting married *cough*. And, as perhaps in the case with Madeleine and Jonas, marriage or engagement can sometimes cause a relationship to collapse.

Back
Top Bottom