The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2010, 03:57 PM

I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement. Simply, because we are in this Forum means that we have to show our nobility by not say smth that each of us do not know for sure. Madeleine is a Beautiful Princess and Jonas is a Handsome guy: Both will find their new ways in life.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

The chance Jonas would wanna experience this disgrace is extremely little.
People think after all he is the cheater.
And if he would go, I am picturing him in row 352 or so.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngridParadise View Post
I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement.

It's about 99.99% confirmed in one way or another that Jonas screwed around and that's why she dumped him. Where there's smoke, there's fire and there was enough smoke to obscure the sun.

As for being invited.....he was invited before this happened. Now that it has happened, if he has any common sense at all, he won't show up. I know that he's good friends with Daniel, but aside from him I can't think of anyone else in the royal family who'd even want Jonas to show up. Just because the RF invites someone, doesn't mean they'll attend. Prince William was invited, as was Prince Harry, but I doubt seriously either of them will show up.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngridParadise View Post
I think Jonas will attend the wedding. Being invited from the Royal Family means that he will be there. Very often we do not know if what newspapers say are true or not or about circumstances that made Madeleine and Jonas to break off their engagement. Simply, because we are in this Forum means that we have to show our nobility by not say smth that each of us do not know for sure. Madeleine is a Beautiful Princess and Jonas is a Handsome guy: Both will find their new ways in life.
Just because he is invited by the royal family, doesn't mean he will attend.
He won't, if he does, he'll ruin Victoria's day.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seriously, it'll be a nightmare. I mean, all people will talk about is the fact Jonas showed up. They'll obsess over everyone's body language, is so-and-so giving Jonas X type of look, has he talked to Madeleine, is he sitting near the family or all the way in the back of the cathedral, is the King/Queen/Crown Princess shooting him dirty looks......it would completely overshadow what everyone is actually there for, which is to celebrate the wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

It would be an absolute circus of the highest order.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't believe the royal family's invitation list is official. The one published a few days ago was the governments. Most likely it was prepared before the announcement of the broken engagement. I doubt the royal family will invite Jonas. He would have no reason to be there other than as Madeleine's fiance.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The guest list is flawed because it lists Charles and Camilla, William, Harry, and Edward and Sophie. The British Royal Family has never had so many members attend any foreign Royal Wedding, so Jonas could have been a mistake. From what I've read on other Boards, the Swedish Royals' publicists are pretty poor when it comes to giving out accurate info.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

It is not a guest list, but a list of invited.
The invitations for the wedding day got sent out in the middle of April. Probably the invitations from the government for the concert were sent around the same time.
And probably Jonas and several Windsors are on both invitations. As they were sent out before the break-up and as William, Harry etc. are invited for diplomatic reasons.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
The guest list is flawed because it lists Charles and Camilla, William, Harry, and Edward and Sophie. The British Royal Family has never had so many members attend any foreign Royal Wedding, so Jonas could have been a mistake. From what I've read on other Boards, the Swedish Royals' publicists are pretty poor when it comes to giving out accurate info.
It is up to the invited to decide if they will attend or not. The Swedish royal family does not decide who will eventually attend, they only decide who gets the choice to attend or not.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Nobility

I view it a whole lot differently if Jonas was with the Norwegian woman before the engagement than I would if it was after the engagement. (If the story is even true.) And, if Madeleine knew about, forgave him, and went through with the engagement anyway, that's her choice. If she had already forgiven him, then I find it pretty far-fetched that she would have canceled the engagement just because the story became public months later.

As for him going to the wedding, I'd say no chance it'll happen. I can't imagine he'd be welcome, especially since he'd draw so much media attention away from Victoria and Daniel.

Besides, even when he was in the king's good graces last winter, he was seated so far down the table at the Nobel awards dinner, he might as well have been eating in the kitchen. If he showed up at this, he'd probably find himself seated in the boiler room or something.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It is not a guest list, but a list of invited.
The invitations for the wedding day got sent out in the middle of April. Probably the invitations from the government for the concert were sent around the same time.
And probably Jonas and several Windsors are on both invitations. As they were sent out before the break-up and as William, Harry etc. are invited for diplomatic reasons.
We know how the invitations look but not who got them. Only the list for the pre-wedding event that is hosted by the government has been released.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

Obviously
But probably the list of Royals is identical. The government was making the list with the help of the court and I can´t imagine a Royal getting invited for the concert, but not for the wedding.
The Royals might split though. E.g. Benedikte might attend the concert and Joachim & Marie the wedding.
And I am not picturing William and Harry to attend any of the two events.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Obviously
But probably the list of Royals is identical. The government was making the list with the help of the court and I can´t imagine a Royal getting invited for the concert, but not for the wedding.
The Royals might split though. E.g. Benedikte might attend the concert and Joachim & Marie the wedding.
And I am not picturing William and Harry to attend any of the two events.
Thats what I was just about to write.
You publish a list for pre-wedding events, if they invited to pre-wedding events it's extremly unlikely they won't be invited to the actual day. Thats just cruel.
But all of the guests invited, will attend all the pre-wedding events and the wedding. Not share for instance.
William will be in South Africa during the time of the wedding, and I presume his brother will be with him to.
I think Camilla, Charles, Edward and Sophie will attend. Edward seems to have a good relationship with the scandinavian royals. And Charles is dying to show off Camilla i should think.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Camilla will be the Queen of England, so it's only right she attend the wedding of the future Queen of Sweden.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Courtier

^^
But Charles is the heir and he hasn't attend all the weddings of the future kings
Old 05-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^^
But Charles is the heir and he hasn't attend all the weddings of the future kings

He often-times can't for whatever reason or doesn't feel like going and someone else does. However the discussion was about Camilla attending and I said since she's going to be Queen of England, she should start attending these high-profile type events with him. Obviously that would hinge on Charles attending since I don't know if Camilla would attend an event like this without him, unless he was ill or otherwise physically indisposed.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be nice to see the Cornwalls' attending various events on the continent. Before Camilla becomes Princess Consort would be good.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not to go off-topic, but the wife of the King is the Queen. If Camilla is styled anything other than HM Queen Camilla, it's an absolute insult. Charles is just as guilty in the break-up of his marriage to Diana as Camilla is, and if styling Camilla lower than is due to her by fact of marriage happens because some people in the realm can't get over the fact he's not still married to Diana, Charles should abdicate to his son and be done with it. Because if you're going to punish Camilla for her prior bad behavior, you have to punish Charles as well.

I'm not even in the Commonwealth and I think the idea is absolutely ridiculous. That would be like the wife of the President being styled something other than "First Lady". That's not how it's done.

/end off-topic
Old 05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quite right sister Morphine.
Camilla will be Queen, not Princess Consort.
And it would be Wales' not Cornwalls, seeing as that is Charles' primary title, even though Camilla chooses not to use it.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Besides, even when he was in the king's good graces last winter, he was seated so far down the table at the Nobel awards dinner, he might as well have been eating in the kitchen. If he showed up at this, he'd probably find himself seated in the boiler room or something.
Actually even thought he was seated at the end of the table, it was still the main table! They could have sat him at one of the other dozens of tables where he would have been lost in the crowd. But he wasn't, he was at the table of honor, next to extended family. (Table of Honor - The Nobel Banquet in Stockholm 2009 ) So he was very high in the kings good graces so I don't think king knew about it at the time. If, I doubt he will, but if he does show up I just hope then just turn him away.

I'm surprised they gave out invitations to both of the the prince of wales and his sons. They couldn't have realistic believed that either William or Harry would have actually accepted, even if Charles doesn't attended. More likely they were invited out of politeness. I think it's more likely that the Earl and the Countess of Wessex will be the only ones to appear at the wedding. They seem to be the only British royals to attended any outside royal events with any regular frequency.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine