The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
I'm sorry, why would the King of Sweden interfere with Jonas' employment? Why would the King of Sweden interfere with anyone's employment? Jonas cheated on his daughter, they broke their engagement. That's it. If Carl Gustaf tries to get him fired or keep him from being hired anywhere else, don't you think that's overstepping his authority? He has no right to do that.....what monarch would even bother getting involved? Jonas Bergstrom is nothing to him now, he has no vested in his life anymore.
__________________

__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 90
because he is the king and that is his daughter. I don't think he would end Jonas' career, but if it was me well I would be saying Guillotine.

NYC (Manhattan) isn't that big, I was really surprised when I went there. Even with that I think she should be fine, then she will be off to Seattle. I have a feeling that most people in the Pacific NW will leave her alone or won't know who she is.

The cnn article was quite good
Royal wedding called off amid cheating claims - CNN.com

I wish her and her family the best.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,498
He will do fine. That is if he is a good lawyer. No one will care about his private life. She is knock down gorgeous. She is also a princess. She will do fine. People go one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
because he is the king and that is his daughter.

And? That gives him the right as a monarch to interfere with Jonas' employment how exactly? He's the King, not a dictator. He can't just call Jonas' boss and say "fire the bastard". He has no authority to do that. I don't know specifically what powers the King of Sweden has, but I'm pretty confident in saying that's not one of them.

I hate the fact that I'm defending this guy but come on. Yeah I said he should be castrated and that was going too far, I apologize for that -- some of you are going waaaaay overboard here.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where I happen to be, United States
Posts: 122
I agree Morphine. I at least feel he is going to have to live with EVERYBODY knowing what he's done and his own concience for the rest of this life. I mean the probably the embarrassment he has caused his parents. And you know the people he work with know, that's the way of employees. His friends everybody knows and he is just going to have to hang his head and live with the foolish disgusting choices he has made. That possibly everytime he turns on the television he will watch Madeleine marry someone else, have a family and live her life in the spotlight and will always possibly regret for what he could have had and what he has now lost. Just my own opinion. Hope I haven't offended anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
And? That gives him the right as a monarch to interfere with Jonas' employment how exactly? He's the King, not a dictator. He can't just call Jonas' boss and say "fire the bastard". He has no authority to do that. I don't know specifically what powers the King of Sweden has, but I'm pretty confident in saying that's not one of them.

I hate the fact that I'm defending this guy but come on. Yeah I said he should be castrated and that was going too far, I apologize for that -- some of you are going waaaaay overboard here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,601
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
I agree Morphine. I at least feel he is going to have to live with EVERYBODY knowing what he's done and his own concience for the rest of this life. I mean the probably the embarrassment he has caused his parents. And you know the people he work with know, that's the way of employees. His friends everybody knows and he is just going to have to hang his head and live with the foolish disgusting choices he has made. That possibly everytime he turns on the television he will watch Madeleine marry someone else, have a family and live her life in the spotlight and will always possibly regret for what he could have had and what he has now lost. Just my own opinion. Hope I haven't offended anybody.
Well said. Why would the King threaten Jonas and his professional life? He's out of the picture now and they can go on. IF that did happen, by hypothesis, the press would sniff it out and a whole pandora's box of woes would open up. The King and Queen are too wise not to interfere with Jonas like that.
It wouldn't surprise me if Jonas would take a legal position out of Sweden to escape the scene and let things cool down. In time he'll be forgotten as in the case of Stephanie of Monaco's husband, not a peep about him from the press for several years and they were already married.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
An employee can't get fired for his love life, so as long as hes good at his job he will be fine. But it may reflect badly in terms of up coming promotions, but he wont lose his job. It should only affect his personal reputation, but his professional one long term wont be tanked, (assuming he got his job on merit and not position). Just look at how many politicians cheat and are still able to carry on with there careers.
If a lawyer is hired based on the assumption that he/she will bring lots of new clients which usually is a function of who you know and the social circles you move in, and suddenly you no longer have the same ability to bring in business you most certainly can get fired. A lawyer that can not keep his family life in order will not be in line for partner in a high quality firm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 04-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 90
Well I think you missed the next sentence which is he won't. What I meant is that he might want to like most parents, but IMO the King is a nice guy and above that. What I meant to say is that if I was the King I would be beyond peeved like any parent would be and I would try to get him out of the spotlight or something. I do believe the king does have more power than we think. Its like power of money, prestige and authority. I can't think of any examples to compare of from the US except the Kennedys, Bushes and other wealthy families like the Hearst family. Hearst might be more relevant, but they have enough to sway people. In that I don't know if the King could get him fired, but he could make his life a living hell. I could also see Jonas being transferred out of Sweden or "layed off" due to the small social circle.

I agree with grevinnan, and IMO he has no chance of becoming a partner in a good amount of Swedish firms. It takes more than just money to buy into a partnership they need to trust you and it sounds like there is more than just cheating going on, but a whole double life. He didn't just insult the Princess, but the whole monarch who represents the country
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM
lilnana's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: miami, United States
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
If a lawyer is hired based on the assumption that he/she will bring lots of new clients which usually is a function of who you know and the social circles you move in, and suddenly you no longer have the same ability to bring in business you most certainly can get fired. A lawyer that can not keep his family life in order will not be in line for partner in a high quality firm.
Yes, but he already has the job, and has had it for a while, a change in status is not enough to get him fired alone there would have to be another underlining cause (such as not being good enough at what he does). However promotions and advancements may be a different story if he doesn't have the skill to overcome this. I might not be too sure on this, but I don't think he deals directly with clients or attacking them anyhow, so hes not the public face of the firm.

And as for the King getting invovled, that would be a gross overstepping and abuse of power (that he doesn't even have!), which he would get in trouble for and rightly so! You can't go around making someones life unbearable because they cheated on a love one, its immature. Everyone that lives in Sweden (and many who don't)knows what he did, that's a bigger punishment than any other ever cheater gets.

I think some people see the act in it's self of what Jonas did as being more rotten because Madeleine is a princess and it is not! He may be an idiot, but hes not any bigger of a bad guy then any other man that cheats on his girlfriend (which as the time is what she was). The only think that makes this case special is that attacks media attention. Don't take this as my not feeling bad for Madeleine because I do, he really humiliated her publicly and that must be difficult, I just think that people (not just people here but over all) are taking this to another level because shes royal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 AM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,189
this was a subject on today show

video
Today Show Video Player
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,197
A bit dramatic and always the US shows report on what we already know here at TRF.

Can I just say one thing about the woman, I am so sick of these Jesse James, Tiger Woods and now Jonas woman selling their stories and saying they had no idea who he was, that he was married, etc. You knew it when you sold your story! And yes, the ultimate responsiblity is with the man who was is a committed relationship, but let's be real....he knew what was at risk...he was never going to tell anyone! So take a little responsiblity for that! And spare me the second thoughts on how sorry you are for what you did to Madeleine, Sandra and Elin...I don't buy it.


Well, the spotlight on Madeline will soon fade, it will revive a bit when Victoria gets married as we get the Poor Madeleine, what Madeleine is thinking, the tears behind the smiles stories. But I imagine she will do okay, she will throw herself into her obligations, support her sister and hopefully meet a nice guy one day and marry him.


And Jonas? I wish Jonas good will also. He will look back at this time (like Jesse James and maybe Tiger Woods not so sure about him) and realize that he had a good woman who loved him and blew it. There is no need to wish bad on him IMO. Like Sandra Bullock every move that Madeleine (moreso Madeleine because who she is) takes will be reported in the press. He will know when she meets the love of her life, when she marries and if and when she has children. No loss of job, potential law suits, etc ever are going to remove the sting of that. That he blew it...he had a good woman who loved him, a nice cushy life planned, etc and its all gone because of his actions. I think that is called Karma or at least my version of it.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 AM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 224
The Royals: Princess Roundup

The Buzz Log - The Royals: Princess Roundup - Yahoo! Buzz
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,545
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
A bit dramatic and always the US shows report on what we already know here at TRF.

Can I just say one thing about the woman, I am so sick of these Jesse James, Tiger Woods and now Jonas woman selling their stories and saying they had no idea who he was, that he was married, etc. You knew it when you sold your story! And yes, the ultimate responsiblity is with the man who was is a committed relationship, but let's be real....he knew what was at risk...he was never going to tell anyone! So take a little responsiblity for that! And spare me the second thoughts on how sorry you are for what you did to Madeleine, Sandra and Elin...I don't buy it.


Well, the spotlight on Madeline will soon fade, it will revive a bit when Victoria gets married as we get the Poor Madeleine, what Madeleine is thinking, the tears behind the smiles stories. But I imagine she will do okay, she will throw herself into her obligations, support her sister and hopefully meet a nice guy one day and marry him.


And Jonas? I wish Jonas good will also. He will look back at this time (like Jesse James and maybe Tiger Woods not so sure about him) and realize that he had a good woman who loved him and blew it. There is no need to wish bad on him IMO. Like Sandra Bullock every move that Madeleine (moreso Madeleine because who she is) takes will be reported in the press. He will know when she meets the love of her life, when she marries and if and when she has children. No loss of job, potential law suits, etc ever are going to remove the sting of that. That he blew it...he had a good woman who loved him, a nice cushy life planned, etc and its all gone because of his actions. I think that is called Karma or at least my version of it.
Wow! I completely agree. I don't think anyone said the way you said it Zonk. These women are foolish and I blame the men for being so stupid! In a way I do feel bad for Jonas because he will never escape "knowing" whats going on with Madeleine. He will see her life move forward. I think Tiger Woods, Jesse James, Jonas Bergstrom and whole army of men who have yet to get caught, are STUPID. The sad thing is they will probably realize what they have when its too late. I feel sorry for them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Another article on it.
Search for swedish princess runs off to ny
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
HRHofNothing's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somewhere in, Canada
Posts: 208
As much as Carl Gustaf would like to have Jonas guillotined- there is nothing he can do about it. If this was a few hundred years ago- Jonas' head would be on a pike outside Dottringholm by now.

Jonas will have to live with this for the rest of his life. This is now public record and no matter where he goes- all it takes is for someone to do a Google search on his name and the whole sordid thing will be before them.

Jonas can be assured that he will be dating no one anytime soon (or even ever) that will be interested in Jonas Bergstrom the person. It will be publicity hungry women from now on. Any serious prospect will, like someone else said in this thread, think what the chances of him staying loyal to her are given than he cheated on his beautiful, vibrant partner of many years (never mind that she was a real life Princess to boot!).

Daniel is the one that is actually caught between a rock and a hard place in all of this- he seemed to be friends with Jonas and now that friendship must end. Given how close the Swedish royal siblings are I really doubt that Victoria will let them remain friends.Emma is a different story- she did not hurt CP,nor he her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 90
Yeah, that report was kinda dramatic, but that is American news for ya . I also highly doubt she "fled to NY." Someone made a good point about this girl who spoke to the press. She hasn't recieved much backlash yet. Which seems surprising. In the end though it was probably the only she could do and it was probably better because I don't think there is anyway for her to get a hold of the princess or the royal court. As someone said a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage. Great quote!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Alice the goddess's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 86
Will they be staying friends?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
linneatherose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bowling Green, United States
Posts: 88
But still, poor Madeleine. How embarassing this must be for her. And may I just say... who in their right mind cheats on a PRINCESS OF SWEDEN?? Really! I have never liked Jonas for Madde. He seemed sleazy to me from the start.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
Will they be staying friends?

He cheated on her. Would you stay friends with a man who cheated on you?
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 AM
justina's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vienna, Austria
Posts: 160
As time goes by and we do not really know what was their relationship really like, I dont see a problem for them staying "friends" one day. I know quite some people who even after their divorce stayed friends. That would be a prove that they handeled it all well and most important in a mature way. But I have to agree that this is difficult, even more when the press is involved all the time.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström; August 11, 2009 LadyFinn Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 314 04-25-2010 02:43 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]