The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
Well N.Y. is a lot bigger then Stockholm is, so she will have a better time avoiding the press there.
Good luck with that, Jackie O would say.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Courtier

This broken engagement was one of the main stories in the Sydney Morning Herald online. I was surprised because the huge celebration in Denmark, more so Mary's mother-in-law's 70th birthday, didn't make the headlines in this particular paper. Well, non that I saw. Jonas! Jonas! can't believe you would be such an idiot.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Gentry

The breakup was covered by the news organization CNN here in the United States, which surprised me a bit.

And, like you, I haven't heard much about the celebrations in Denmark from any really well established news outlets. I guess it's just not as juicy.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Courtier

In here, I just found this article

Magdalena de Suecia rompió con su novio - El Colombiano

It just announces the break off of their engagement
Old 04-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The news has been in Huffington post for several days and this evening it was on the Yahoo news site.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The news has been in Huffington post for several days and this evening it was on the Yahoo news site.
I checked HuffPo and sure enough, it's been there for about four days. It's in the style section, though...was it ever on the front page?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine made front page news on Yahoo! In the U.S. we get news mainly about the British royals. Looks like the SRF won't be so unheard of after this. People love a good scandal.

The Buzz Log - The Royals: Princess Roundup - Yahoo! Buzz
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been deleted as they were quite off-topic. Please remember to remain on-topic and cordial to other members - this means no name calling and use of offensive terminology/abbreviations, appropriate attitudes and no name calling towards the individuals involved in the situation.

Please direct any questions towards the moderating team.
JessRulz
For the Swedish Forum Mods
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Commoner

Are there any updates on Madeleine in New York?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet, the king has decided that no one in the family will comment on the separation. The king visited yesterday the county hospital Ryhov University to award a prize. Aftonbladet asked:
- Well, the king has no comment on the broken engagement?
The King didn´t answer. But his eyes said perhaps more than thousand words.
Victoria visited the Institute of International Affairs. She just smiled kindly and shook her head when Madeleine´s separation was mentioned.
Totaltyst från kungafamiljen om brytningen mellan prinsessan Madeleine och Jonas Bergström | Aftonbladet
Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

More details of Princess Madeleine split emerge as she finds solace in work - hellomagazine.com

Not sure whether this has been posted before - but some more suggestions why the couple split including Madeleine's increasing number of breaks to London and New York. It also suggests that Jonas may have been the one to break the engagement once the rumour about his affair went public but it was the Palace who pursued him to wait until Madeleine had left the country for America before the separation was announced.

Whatever the reasons and who ever made the final decision will remain private.

I hope that both parties can move forward

Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The King is probably very angry with Jonas and himself.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Totaltyst från kungafamiljen om brytningen mellan prinsessan Madeleine och Jonas Bergström | Aftonbladet
Royal court chief said the King rarely gets angry, but what parent wouldn't get angry at this situation?? The king probably thinks he should have discerned this about Jonas, but who knows.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
According to Aftonbladet, the king has decided that no one in the family will comment on the separation. The king visited yesterday the county hospital Ryhov University to award a prize.
While I think that the SRF's privacy does need to be respected, I'm not entirely confident in the idea of just staying silent about this whole ordeal is the best way to go about this. Surely there's a better way than to just not say anything?

Quote:
Aftonbladet asked: - Well, the king has no comment on the broken engagement? The King didn´t answer. But his eyes said perhaps more than thousand words.
It's probably just the way this sentence is written, but this makes the King sound really menacing.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonquil View Post
While I think that the SRF's privacy does need to be respected, I'm not entirely confident in the idea of just staying silent about this whole ordeal is the best way to go about this. Surely there's a better way than to just not say anything?
If the royal household something, they will either ignore it. Or examine it word by word then find someway of twisting it around.
It, in my opinion, is better to stay silent about the matter. Then the less rumours that fly around.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Nobility

how sad that this has happened to madeleine.......may she find happiness in the future with someone who loves her with all their heart
Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Jonas may now find that going through life as just an ordinary citizen instead of as "the boyfriend of Princess Madeleine"" not so many doors will open for him now. He will just be Mr Bergstrom, and he may realize that his future is not as spectacular as it could have been. So I'm sure he will go through a period of regrets at some point. The princess may take her time now and hope she finds someone well deserving. After all, all a woman wants is someone to love and build a family with.
Do you think that this will effect his career?
I mean, morally/ethically, his reputation has gotten a BIG dent. That is something a lawyer cannot use.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

An employee can't get fired for his love life, so as long as hes good at his job he will be fine. But it may reflect badly in terms of up coming promotions, but he wont lose his job. It should only affect his personal reputation, but his professional one long term wont be tanked, (assuming he got his job on merit and not position). Just look at how many politicians cheat and are still able to carry on with there careers.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Madeleine made front page news on Yahoo! In the U.S. we get news mainly about the British royals. Looks like the SRF won't be so unheard of after this. People love a good scandal.

The Buzz Log - The Royals: Princess Roundup - Yahoo! Buzz
So much for her escaping stories in the press by coming to the U.S. I wish Madeleine all the best in whatever her future holds.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
An employee can't get fired for his love life, so as long as hes good at his job he will be fine. But it may reflect badly in terms of up coming promotions, but he wont lose his job. It should only affect his personal reputation, but his professional one long term wont be tanked, (assuming he got his job on merit and not position). Just look at how many politicians cheat and are still able to carry on with there careers.
Again, that is American way, who knows about a country ruled by royality. I would certainly want my business/company to be on the good side of the king. Our presidents come and go.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine