The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would expect an announcement soon about the break-up of the engagement. The situation has apparently escalated and gone on too long to just be a temporary disagreement.
Jonas was most likely to be one of Daniel's groomsmen and it would not be a good plan to have him in the weddingparty if the marriage with Madeleine was in question.

If the engagement is broken than she can attend the wedding without Jonas which makes more sense if they are not together anymore.

Jonas is in a very difficult situation as his career could easily take 60-70 hours/week of his time especially as he seems to be on a fast track at the firm. He will not make partner unless he puts in his time and he could not not be a partner and still be considered a successful attorney. His job is probably his priority at this stage in his life and that could be very difficult for someone else to live with especially if they have more free time.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
I dont think a break up between Madeleine and Jonas should be a problem for Victoria's wedding if that is what the queen and king want to protect, nothing wrong, they were engaged but what if they decided to break up? That's normal, as a couple they have their own right to decide when to stop.
those were exactly my thoughts. i see no big deal in breaking up the engagement, even if victoria is about to get married. to me, it would not have a consequence.

however, it's odd that they are having issues now, after so many years going out, just before the wedding of victoria - perhaps the stress is really quite important.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Courtier

maybe they have come up with a decision after the meetings...maybe we will hear soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet, king Carl Gustaf is very angry because he wanted the crises between Madeleine and Jonas should have been kept secret.
The royal couple has known for some time that Madeleine has problems in their relationship. But with the focus at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel the royal couple wanted to solve the problem in silence.
Now Madeleine travels to New York and turned down king´s 64-anniversary.
- Princess Madeleine will not be attending the birthday, says Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court.
Aftonbladet was yesterday in contact with Jonas Bergström.
- Sorry, I have no statement. I do not even know what you are writing about. But I have no comment, said Jonas.
Maddes kris gör kungen rasande | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

At Expressen the court says that the king is not angry at Madeleine and that Madeleine´s trip to USA has been planned for a long time.
Kungen är inte rasande på Madeleine - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
i dont think that a women even if she is princess can have a crisis with the love of her live because he is ambitious and is focusing in his work to built a good carrier
i dont find that there is a big reason for this crisis
No, that is really not a reason. Probably more his philandering. It wold be much better to finish it all now.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Gentry

I think it would probably look really stupid for Jonas to attend the wedding if his relationship with Madeleine is over, none of them would be very comfortable at an event that should bring only joy and happiness, I do hope everything works out for them and maybe they can pass this rough time and get it together for victoria's wedding.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo of Jonas recently, not very flattering...
Bunte
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Bunte
...He looks kind of good with some stubble.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
According to Aftonbladet, king Carl Gustaf is very angry because he wanted the crises between Madeleine and Jonas should have been kept secret.
The royal couple has known for some time that Madeleine has problems in their relationship. But with the focus at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel the royal couple wanted to solve the problem in silence.
Now Madeleine travels to New York and turned down king´s 64-anniversary.
- Princess Madeleine will not be attending the birthday, says Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court.
Aftonbladet was yesterday in contact with Jonas Bergström.
- Sorry, I have no statement. I do not even know what you are writing about. But I have no comment, said Jonas.
Maddes kris gör kungen rasande | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

At Expressen the court says that the king is not angry at Madeleine and that Madeleine´s trip to USA has been planned for a long time.
Kungen är inte rasande på Madeleine - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
The princess missing her dad bday unsual hmmm you think jonas and her enagaged just because victoria did???
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
The princess missing her dad bday unsual hmmm you think jonas and her enagaged just because victoria did???
There was some rumor after Madeleine and Jonas became engaged that Madeleine was jealous of all the attention Victoria was getting, so she decided that she wanted to be engaged as well. I do not know if there is any truth to it, though.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

MMM thats why they breaking they now huh
Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Courtier

idk, but in my oppinion if that's true, it was a stupid decision from Madeleine, Victoria is the crown princess, she will always get more attention no matter what. Maybe there is another reason behind, plus, I must say that is a desperate decision.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Bunte
I agree. He looks like a bum. There has to be something going on, because he looks depressed. Besides, he's a lawyer! Lawyers have to dress and look a certain way, including having a clean shaved face (besides mustaches). So this only shows the media that something is wrong.

Jonas said that he as no idea what the press is writing about. Well that sounds like a lie because unless he lives on Mars, he knows exactly what the tabloids are saying about him.

On a positive side, it's good to know that the king is calm and slow to anger.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

The princess looked stressed too
Old 04-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Aristocracy

does she still wear the engagement ring?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Gentry

If they've got Tarras-Wahlberg in there, you know something is going down.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonquil View Post
If they've got Tarras-Wahlberg in there, you know something is going down.
Yes my thoughts exactly
Old 04-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Emma Pernald, former girlfriend of Prince Carl Philip, seen outside Madeleine's apartment on Thursday, April 15.
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, former Director of the Information and Press Department at the royal court, seen outside Madeleine's apartment on Thursday, April 15
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Its sooo offical BREAK UP think girls/women/females whenever you break up or a friend of your is going though a break up what do you do comfront her and hang with her and tell her your experinces.Same with emmma and Madeline.And there was a report of jonas going back to her place maybe to pack his stuff and talk about how to publicly handle this?

Expect a offical statement soon maybe before she goes on her trip to the US
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by haga View Post
does she still wear the engagement ring?
Umm that's a really good question!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Yes she does - i think if she didnt the press would be al over it and it would send out totally the wrong message

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine