The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

i was a bit shocked seeing the news, although i had the impression it would happen after all those rumours. also, i thought madeleine waited for so long to marry jonas as the king wanted victoria to marry first, hence the rapidity with which her engagement was announced. it must be hard for madeleine also, after spending 8 years with someone in all your youth it must be hard to restart dating, specially since she is a princess. i guess she must feel quite betrayed.

i just find it funny that even the queen stepped into the spotlight to say that they were fine - when they were not. in this case, i guess it's best to keep quiet and ignore the rumours than to say they are wrong in public. now, the credibility of queen silvia is damaged, at least to me.

so i assume that the rumours are true and jonas cheated on madeleine? if so, silly boy - he should have known better: his career, his network, his future relationships, his family.. will all suffer the consequences of this. it couldn't be quicker to have gained such a bad reputation in sweden.

last, i cannot help but feel very happy for victoria - with all the criticism daniel received when compared to jonas at the beginning. daniel had it hard to be accepted by the king, while jonas had his positive opinion very easily (probably because of their backgrounds). time has shown how erroneous first impressions can be. daniel is clearly someone that makes her happy, despite not being the "prince stereotype".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassinio View Post
Witty thinking but you forget something here. Something, journalists and so-called royal observers should have noticed earlier.

When the rumours of a clash in the couple started to spread public weeks ago, one of the first comments by HM The Queen was quote "Madeleine is ok" unquote...

Few were striked there on how many local and international magazines but also news agencies have changed it to "Madeleine and Jonas are ok". Nevertheless Queen Silvia sent a clear message in that sentence : Jonas was no longer welcome in the Royal Family. A message towards which many media kept completely blind !!!

The further statements, though more official, were PR's misleadings of the issue. Very bad ones if you want my opinion ! Picture it : April 21th, they are still together ; three days later : the break-up !

The same story occured for Prince Hamzah of Jordan's divorce which could have been easily anticipated on the occasion of his last birthday because there was no more mention of his wife anywhere...

Sometimes journalist have to investigate or read between the lines instead of swallowing PR's bull****s...
this is a good point, but are you sure she said "madeleine is okay"? i thought she said it was all good between them.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

I had said somehow I do not see these two as a couple and I hope these pity parties for Madeleine will stop because I do not think any of us would like to have been married to man that has been unfaithful at all.Jonas needs a pity party because he just lost a wonderful girl and many dreams. Instead he will go back and forth to work for the rest of his days like the rest of the humanity when all he had to do was actually love Madeleine .PM on the other hand is still a Princess and the world is her oyster.Good riddance to Jonas if he was unfaithful and disgraced the family;and if he was such on gal like PM I think he needs therapy.
Meanwhile I wish Pm the best and I hope she finds her Prince Charming soon.with that happy ending just around the corner.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Courtier

This is so very, very sad. I had thought that Jonas looked like a solid, young man. I can't imagine how Maddie will feel when she feels her older sister walking down the aisle in June. OMG, the heartache!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
This is so very, very sad. I had thought that Jonas looked like a solid, young man. I can't imagine how Maddie will feel when she feels her older sister walking down the aisle in June. OMG, the heartache!
Maddie should be proud of her sis when she walks down the aisle and glad she is not going to tie the knot with a man not true to her.For all we know he may have a woman somewhere other than the one he was cheating with.I pity Jonas he lost a terrific girl................Maddie is free again crazy free independent me again time to have a party. a party...............
Old 04-24-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I think that Madde will be very happy for, and so proud of her sister, and not have Jonas in her thoughts at all that day.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Courtier

I agree with katelinn- Madeleine will be happy for her sister on her big day, and she'll probably be thinking she's glad to be rid of Jonas before they got married and an even bigger disaster occurred. Hold your head high, Maddie, and wait for a real man to come along!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post

I also want to add that if Jonas really did cheat on Madeleine, then he is a real idiot. Jonas may be sophisticated and educated, but that doesn't equal common sense.
Jonas the well educated, quasi sophisticated male really is not an idiot lacking common sense. He is a common scab. He should seriously be thinking about migrating far away -- South America might be far enough away from Sweden -- for about 2 years.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Administrator

I actually made the initial comment about Madeline and the British princes, and I personally don't feel that it was offensive. Its not as if Jonas died, and I was suggesting that the British Princes (or anyone else for that matter) step over the body to date Madeline.

The fact is that for whatever reason, Madeline and Jonas are not together. And since musings were made when each were in a relationship with other people, why not now?

Regardless, I doubt that Madeline will go quickly into another relationship, she did date Jonas for 8 years and needs time to grieve the end of this relationship. Hopefully, she will focus on Madeline.

On the other hand, I am not that familiar with Sweden, and if the upper class is as small as suggested, I woudn't be surprised if Jonas is suddenly transfered out of the country. Its one thing to break up when you are dating, quite another to break up after a public engagement.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator

In regards to Queen Silvia's statement and the PR actions of the Swedish Court, I am going to chalk this up to unchartered territory...when was the last time a Swedish royal engagement happened (I am thinking the late Queen Ingrid of Denmark )...and they simply didn't know what do. Plus, the press is vicious when smelling blood in the water in regards to a story.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

I think the next coursthip should not be as long as eight years as it was with Jonas. I also feel the it was not solely infdility thatled to the split.I would not be surprised if Maddie gets or swept off her feet by a royal - which one I do not know.But everyone should keep their eyes open.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
In regards to Queen Silvia's statement and the PR actions of the Swedish Court, I am going to chalk this up to unchartered territory...when was the last time a Swedish royal engagement happened (I am thinking the late Queen Ingrid of Denmark )...and they simply didn't know what do. Plus, the press is vicious when smelling blood in the water in regards to a story.
Have to agree with you Zonk,
Not often the Swedes break their betrothals and I think they have handled it well.Maybe the King had a session of -Andy Hardy's man to man with Jonas and the press release was from the Queen.I think Maddie is going to the States for the reasons you have mentioned here.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Well, I am sure in retrospect the Swedish Court is probably thinking they should have handled it different. And I am sure many (here at TRF, in Sweden, etc.) could probably cite specific examples but where do you start?

Madeline and Jonas were having problems, do you give the couple enough time to work them out before you announce that there are problems? Then how much time do you give them? Who knew the tabloid was going to report the potential affair issue? Was it true? Who asks the fiancee of the daughter of the King of Sweden if he cheated on his Princess? Did Madelaine talk to her parents and/or siblings every day...where they trying to give her space to let her make a decision, etc. Did the Queen think (or was she told by Madelaine that was everything was fine) and it was really not? Then you have all these rumours, and the story is taking on a life of its own.

Take into consideration that Victoria is getting married, and she is the next Queen of Sweden, you don't want to mar her wedding day as a daughter and heir but you need to handle it before she gets married because its not fair that her wedding day gets caught in this nightmare of an engagement....but you have to make sure that your other daughter is taken care as of well. The questions and possiblities are endless.

One thing for sure, its definitely better that it was called off before Victoria's wedding and that Madelaine will not be in Sweden for a while. Hopefully, when she returns some of the interest in the broken enagement will over.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Very sad news! By the way, her name is Madeleine not Madelaine or Madeline. Sorry.

I wish her the best and I am pretty sure that she will find a better man.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hardly doubt they were "okay" and "fine" when the court initially said that nothing was wrong, and then decided to up and end the engagement less than a week later.

So that begs the question -- why did the court lie and say things were fine, only to have this happen days later? Surely they'd understand people looking at a calendar and realizing that 5 or 6 days between "okay" and "break-up" doesn't really happen, at least in situations like this.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they were fine before it was announced then decides that it's better to break it off now than later. Had they announced it while Madeleine was still Sweden she'd be stalked by the press! Which is not helpful in this situation, for either Madeleine or Jonas.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

There is no getting away from the fact that this will cast a shadow over Princess Victoria's big day. I really hope that this hasn't happened purely because of foolish behaviour on a stag night as it would be too sad for both parties if something so cheap has cost them their long term happiness.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

The alleged incident sounds like much more than "foolish behaviour on a stag night," though. If the Norwegian woman is telling the truth, Jonas sought her out at a club, gave her a false name, and left the club with her. All of this allegedly happened before he was even engaged to Madeleine, and if true, it sounds like a calculated decision to be unfaithful rather than just a "foolish" mistake, I'm afraid.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
The alleged incident sounds like much more than "foolish behaviour on a stag night," though. If the Norwegian woman is telling the truth, Jonas sought her out at a club, gave her a false name, and left the club with her. All of this allegedly happened before he was even engaged to Madeleine, and if true, it sounds like a calculated decision to be unfaithful rather than just a "foolish" mistake, I'm afraid.
It was not "an alleged" incident.There were several "asides" by Jonas and the one making the biggest headlines with the norwegian who** telling all for money....was even before the engagement.Jonas "promissed" to never do it again.....

He fooled the Princess and played with her feelings more then once until apparently Queen Silvia had a long serious talk with her daughter.
It seems her brother and Victoria also talked to her,that the one who didn't know anything untill it was all done and over with was HM The King.

Poor poor dearest Madde,I really feel sorry for her.There is this drop dead gorgious youngest daughter of the King,and this upstart who played tricks on her time and time again.He might as well emigrate now.

This norwegian vulgarity of a creature claming she didn't know who he was?Bull.Cashing in for 12.500 was enough to revive her memory.
They're both trash,Jonas with the pretty face and that creature from norge.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

While Madeleine has been through hell, she'll come through fine. She has the support of a loving family and especially her sister. Of the two in this defunct relationship, Madeleine is the better off and Jonas, due to his stupidity will have to live this down for quite a while. Madeleine is a strong young woman.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
It was not "an alleged" incident.There were several "asides" by Jonas and the one making the biggest headlines with the norwegian who** telling all for money....was even before the engagement.Jonas "promissed" to never do it again.....

He fooled the Princess and played with her feelings more then once until apparently Queen Silvia had a long serious talk with her daughter.
It seems her brother and Victoria also talked to her,that the one who didn't know anything untill it was all done and over with was HM The King.

Poor poor dearest Madde,I really feel sorry for her.There is this drop dead gorgious youngest daughter of the King,and this upstart who played tricks on her time and time again.He might as well emigrate now.

This norwegian vulgarity of a creature claming she didn't know who he was?Bull.Cashing in for 12.500 was enough to revive her memory.
They're both trash,Jonas with the pretty face and that creature from norge.
I suppose we can thank the Norwegian girl for spilling the beans before the marriage and showing the true colours of Jonas.

I am not surem if Madelaine and the court were that surprised by the news. There was probably a good reason why they never announced a wedding date (and postponed it for 2011).

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine