The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Your assessment of Daniel seems right to me, but it's easier to help someone become more at ease with a public life, in terms of how they interact with people and work with others, than it is to make them a good husband. Daniel's often-times uneasiness can be worked on and I'm sure Victoria would be more than happy to help him with that.

I'm not Swedish but I'd still rather see Victoria with a good and decent man who may not be the smartest person in the world or the most eloquent, than see her with someone who can charm the parka off an eskimo but can't keep his pants zipped.
I agree entirely - loyalty is key when it comes to marriages, especially high-profile ones. He can learn to overcome some of his awkwardness -- and I'm sure the Swedes would also be okay with him taking more of a background role, supporting Victoria rather than competing with her.

If the reports are right, and Jonas wasn't loyal to Madeleine, it's better to cut ties now rather than risk more heartbreak and embarassment later.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Courtier

OMG!!! Too sad to be true!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Courtier

I´m very sorry for Madeleine but i think this is the right decission. It´s good that the news came now two months before Victoria and Daniels wedding, it would have been inhuman to ask Madeleine to mask her and Jonas problems and attend the wedding like nothing was wrong under enormous media coverage and everyone trying to see a hint of signs of trouble between them.

Now lets hope that she can put this behind her quickly and move on with her life and then later meet someone who is better for her (maybe some brittish prince... )
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Sister Morphine
If she was so bad, what was he thinking whent he stayed with her 8 years?

I agree with both of you, if you don't like someone, break up, but don't cheat it hurts the other person, and maybe the "other woman" (if she doesn't know!).
Old 04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's not bring Prince Harry into this. I highly doubt he and Madeleine will be a couple. So it's absurd to even write it. Madeleine will most likely want someone who is low-key and out of the spotlight anyway.

Besides, when a womans heart is broken she either becomes depressed and forget to live life, date someone else as a rebound, or learn from the situation. Being a celebrity is a problem because you just dont know if that person loves you for you or for your 'status".
Old 04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a tragic event for both of them. They have been spending eight years together and formed their lives around each other and respective families. Madeleine is still a swedish princess and part of the royal family and its social circle. Jonas on the other hand have been almost within reach of becoming a Duke and marrying into the royal family. He will have some considerable obsticles to overcome. Being a lawyer is not only a good education and legal skills. Being successfull at a reputable lawfirm also includes your network, professional and personal as well as the social circle you move in. Over time everything will be forgotten but short term he will have a hard time presenting himself as a sophisticated and smart professional after having behaved as an impulsive adolescent.

I hope they both get over the hurts and turbulence. Stockholm upper class is a very small group of people and they will more in the same circles unless one of them leaves the country permanently. They will both eventually meet the right life partner and move on.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Is really sad for her, but lets face it, he might did something completely wrong, but I'm sure he is suffering too, they dated for 8 years!! That person is a part of your life!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but Madeline has been split with Jonas officially for less than a day, and we're starting to talk about her dating Harry and William.
Can't we wait a little longer?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Is really sad for her, but lets face it, he might did something completely wrong, but I'm sure he is suffering too, they dated for 8 years!! That person is a part of your life!
It's the second long-term partner gone from the Swedish royal family in the past two years, as well (CP and Emma broke up in March '09). When the couple has been together for nearly a decade, it really is like a divorce -- many complex bonds between not just the two partners but also their parents, siblings, and friends.

I don't envy any of them -- this will not be an easy break. But if Jonas has betrayed Madeleine's trust as has been reported, it's necessary.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Yes Ella, I agree
Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I'm sorry but Madeline has been split with Jonas officially for less than a day, and we're starting to talk about her dating Harry and William.

No one is talking about Madeleine dating William or Harry. Someone made a joking comment that Harry likes pretty blondes, of which Madeleine is one and I just commented that it would be the first time a princess from another royal house married into the BRF since the late Duchess of Kent. It was just an observation on a joke.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!! At this point, she's not problably not even thinking about another relationship.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

No one was seriously discussing Madeleine dating either of the Wales boys.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 05:25 PM

Blindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
This may sound cynical, but I have to wonder if the story about Jonas having a fling with the Norwegian woman (whether or not it's true) may have been played up as part of the royal house's strategy for announcing this break up.

It certainly offers a convenient way to make Jonas the bad guy and Madeleine the victim, which helps maintain her image and builds public sentiment for her.

Just seems a little strange to me that the media found the woman he supposedly cheated with -- more than a year ago -- the same week the queen made her comment about the wedding being postponed until next year. (It's especially odd if it's true that the tabloids had this story months ago.) And all of this happened the week Madeleine is leaving the country.

The whole thing seems a little too convenient to have happened by chance.
Witty thinking but you forget something here. Something, journalists and so-called royal observers should have noticed earlier.

When the rumours of a clash in the couple started to spread public weeks ago, one of the first comments by HM The Queen was quote "Madeleine is ok" unquote...

Few were striked there on how many local and international magazines but also news agencies have changed it to "Madeleine and Jonas are ok". Nevertheless Queen Silvia sent a clear message in that sentence : Jonas was no longer welcome in the Royal Family. A message towards which many media kept completely blind !!!

The further statements, though more official, were PR's misleadings of the issue. Very bad ones if you want my opinion ! Picture it : April 21th, they are still together ; three days later : the break-up !

The same story occured for Prince Hamzah of Jordan's divorce which could have been easily anticipated on the occasion of his last birthday because there was no more mention of his wife anywhere...

Sometimes journalist have to investigate or read between the lines instead of swallowing PR's bull****s...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No one was seriously discussing Madeleine dating either of the Wales boys.
Just pointing it out, that i don't think it's right to even joke after Madeleine has been through a very long relationship with Jonas, and now has broken of her 9 month engagement. Someone has already started discussing Madeleine in the British thread.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Nobility

I'm really sorry for Madeleine. Didn't she say she wanted to start a family very soon after the marriage? Until she finds a new (and better) guy that she wants to marry and to start an own family with could pass years...

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 PM

Bluntness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
New information of Tora, she told to Se og Hor:
Tora and Jonas exchanged phone numbers while they met in Åre. Jonas introduced himself as Jacob Bernström. Soon Tora realised that Jacob was Jonas. She sent Jonas many text messages: Why did you pretend to be someone else? Jonas never answered.
Nytt avslöjande i Norge - Toras sms till Jonas - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Picture it, my name is Jonas Bergström, I am a public figure and I choose to a have a sex date anonymously because I am engaged to a princess. I could have pretend to be Carl Gustafsson or anything quite anonymous. No I went by the name of... Jacob Bernström

DID THAT GUY BEG FOR BEING CAUGHT WHILE CHEATING ?!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Just pointing it out, that i don't think it's right to even joke after Madeleine has been through a very long relationship with Jonas, and now has broken of her 9 month engagement. Someone has already started discussing Madeleine in the British thread.

Well, that person is being a tad insensitive if that's the case. My only involvement in that aspect of the discussion was pointing out the late Duchess of Kent.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Courtier

It´s so strange with those long lasting relationships: My brother had a girlfriend for eight years and they were happy together and one and a half year after the wedding everything was over.
Wonder whether Madeleine had broken off the engagement if nothing was made public of Jonas cheating at her before the engagement. I mean she knew about his cheating with that Norwegian girl but still accepted his proposal.
Before this engagement video appeared I had seen Jonas only on photos. But when I saw him moving in that video I got a totally different impression of him - and no good one....
Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Well, that person is being a tad insensitive if that's the case. My only involvement in that aspect of the discussion was pointing out the late Duchess of Kent.
I'm not attacking anyone personally, just making a point that musings between Madeleine and the British Princes can be left for a while.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine