The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Courtier

^^
I agree with you. But this is turning to be so strange that I don't know what to think anymore. I hope that they don't get married only to stop the scandal.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Did Jonas' affair happen after they got engaged or before? Just wondering. It seems strange for these 'other women' to come out now unless they just recognized Jonas from photos during the engagement publicity.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Gentry

The affair (if it did take place) was a couple of months before the engagement. But Swedish media are also saying they have heard many reports about Jonas' recent "partying", whatever that means.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

We haven't heard anything from the posters that advocated for Victoria marrying Jonas because he was such a prince material and Madeleine settling for Daniel.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

I have no doubt that if all the allegations are true, Madeleine will end the engagement very gracefully and handle herself as such. The pictures I've seen of these "other" women and I have to say if Jonas had affairs with them, he has very poor taste. They are, how do I say it, well, he had to have been very blind or very desparate.
They were together for eight years which is a long time, if he no longer wanted a relationship, why didn't he come clean with Madeleine instead of sneaking around and now humiliating Madeleine, her family, and his family?
Old 04-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
The pictures I've seen of these "other" women and I have to say if Jonas had affairs with them, he has very poor taste. They are, how do I say it, well, he had to have been very blind or very desparate.
I've never understood this - it seems like the wife/fiancee/official girlfriend is always prettier than the girl on the side. It's bizarre.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Expressen:
Madeleine leaves today to the U.S. There she can think about her future and have a distance to Jonas Bergström. He is desperate and has appealed to Madeleine that they should go ahead and get married. She has consistently chosen not to talk to him.
Jonas vädjar om parets bröllop - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
I've never understood this - it seems like the wife/fiancee/official girlfriend is always prettier than the girl on the side. It's bizarre.
Some men just want the satisfaction of getting something, they are not supposed to have.
Some distance from Sweden, the articles and Jonas will do Madeline some good.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM

Princess Madelaine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010

The engagment is now ofiicially of.......Aftonbladet
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Swedish princess Madeleine breaks off engagement

Swedish princess Madeleine breaks off engagement

Princess Madeleine breaks up with fiancé

http://www.thelocal.se/26266/2010042...medium=twitter
Old 04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madelaine & Jonas Bergstrom Break Off Their Engagement; April 2010

Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström have ended their engagement.

Official press release from the Royal Palace today:
Quote:
After careful consideration, Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström jointly decided to go separate ways.
They have come to the conclusion that the best thing for them is that they move in different directions.
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström appeal to the media to show them respect and consideration for this decision.
They need peace and quiet in this difficult situation. Extreme media coverage will not ease the situation for them.
We ask for your understanding that no further statements will be provided.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

Oh dear.......I hope that the press leave both Princess Madeleine and Jonas alone as they will both be upset. If Jonas did cheat on Madeleine shame on him.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Good for her, I would say. And very fortunate that this all came out before the wedding.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Well...I am shocked. But I concur with everyone who says if it wasn't going to work out its better they realized this before they got married.

Hopefully Madeline and Jonas will both find their true loves...the furor will eventually die down and we can enjoy Victoria's wedding.

But I am shocked...was there real proof that he cheated on her?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good for them they have announced it now and not later, at last it will die down before the wedding
Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

I am shocked too When I was reading about Madeleine and Jonas having problems, I didn`t believe it at first. Then when it became more serious, I really hoped they could resolve the problems... but apparently something very awful happened.

What a disappointment... Hopefully Princess Madeleine will find hapiness with someone else.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Courtier

This is so sad news, but if its true that Jonas have cheated on here Im so glad she got rid of him...She deserve so much better!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

he can say goodbuy to his future title Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland. I am glad for Madeleine she know now before the wedding, feel so sorry, now you start to think, if he ever love her or it was becsue she was a princess and wanted the social level and money?probably we will never know, it is so sad I thoguht that they did a beautfl couple
Old 04-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

What a horrible news, I must say that I never believed on media rumors about Madeleine and Jonas's crisis.
Good luck to Madeleine and Jonas from now.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Nobility

I am shocked... Poor Maddie

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine