Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that Princess Madeleine finds a man who loves her, respects her and who will grow old with her. She deserves the very best. It's sad that Jonas didn't see it that way. One day he will regret what he has done.

Cheating is an awful thing to do I don't care which one does it. I don't see how Madeleine cheating would have helped her why would anyone want to be with a person who cheats.

Madeleine is a born princess and no mother.
That´s why I don´t think, it would harm her much, if she would have been the cheater. It maybe would even raise her "value" on "the market".

Are you kidding?
It would harm her tremendously if she was the one that cheated. Shes a public figure and even a celebrity in her own right. She has to be very careful about what she does. If she cheated she would be branded...the cheating princess would be her name. Basically, anyone who has that kind of fame has to be careful about that sort of thing.

IMO with all that talking about how beautiful she is and that she deserves the best we do her no favour:
A person is not only what he/she looks like. The character is important. IMO specially in Madeleine´s case her beauty might have brought her problems: Lots of people specially after Jonas cheated on her are melting with pity: ..."How could he do this to her, she is soooo beautiful, blah, blah.....", or: ...."how can someone cheat on such a beautiful woman, blah,blah".....
We all don´t know either Jonas nor Madeleine. Just to look good IMO doesn´t mean that someone deserves better than other (normal) people or that someone deserves all the best just because of his/her beauty. IMO some postings here sound like this an awful lot.
Maybe Madeleine might sometimes have been too aware of her beauty and therefore didn´t check her partners character or her own character before starting a partnership.....

IMO with all that talking about how beautiful she is and that she deserves the best we do her no favour:
A person is not only what he/she looks like. The character is important. IMO specially in Madeleine´s case her beauty might have brought her problems: Lots of people specially after Jonas cheated on her are melting with pity: ..."How could he do this to her, she is soooo beautiful, blah, blah.....", or: ...."how can someone cheat on such a beautiful woman, blah,blah".....
We all don´t know either Jonas nor Madeleine. Just to look good IMO doesn´t mean that someone deserves better than other (normal) people or that someone deserves all the best just because of his/her beauty. IMO some postings here sound like this an awful lot.
Maybe Madeleine might sometimes have been too aware of her beauty and therefore didn´t check her partners character or her own character before starting a partnership.....
People can change a lot over 7-8 years. I doubt the gallavanting Jonas is the young man she fell in love with.

Is beauty really that much of a factor here? OK, I know there's cases where it has been but...

In this particular case, we are talking someone (Jonas) who clearly led a double life for quite some time while dating Madeleine. He seemed not to think it would get out even though it inevitably did, and surely those around them would have suspected something. Moreover, he knew that by doing so, he threw away an opportunity very few people would have.

I just think I should mention that the Swedish edition of Se & Hör published an article about a month ago about Madeleine having had an affair with hockey player Henrik Lundqvist two years ago, after meeting him at a charity boat race.

I do not want to take sides in this break-up, and of course none of us can ever know for sure what happened, but since a lot of what has been written about Jonas is speculation, I think this deserves to be mentioned as well.

Se & Hör is the only magazine that has printed this story, as far as I know, but there have been persistent rumours about this affair for a while here in Sweden. Other magazines have sometimes made very subtle hints.
Recently Belga pictures republished pictures of Madeleine and Henrik, perhaps because of these rumours.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

^ They definitely suit each other in terms of looks and the interraction between them...:hmm: But who am I to say? :innocent:

:D

I feel sorry for the long time girlfriend of Henrik Lundqvist because of these rumours. Lundqvist has said that he knows Madeleine but they are not a pair.

You know it must be pretty embarassing, considering he is a (31?) year old lawyer whom now is living with both his parents at home. I figured lawyers whichever type would make enough to afford even a suitable place of his own. I guess not...

But why would Jonas still even be registered at the Royal Mews? I hope Madeleine can find it comfortable staying there again. But time will fade this painful time for her.

Whose says he's living with his parents?

Thank you LadyFinn.
Oh well if he lives with his parents, that's his perogative. A way to stay low I suppose.

This is my first time weighing in on this subject. I was quite shocked to learn that the engagement was over. I know what they say about hindsight but I wasn't exactly blown away by their engagement pictures and the news clips. I remember thinking at the time how matronly Madeleine was dressed for such an event which was supposed to be one of the happiest days in her life. But then she has worn drab colours on other occasions.
It was quite a contrast to how her sister Victoria appeared at her engagement announcement, much more happier I thought.
I get the feeling that Madeleine had misgivings at the time and perhaps rushed into the whole thing. Sometimes women think that marriage will change things for the better but that's often not the case. She's a young woman who has a lot going for her, she shouldn't have to settle for anything less than she deserves. I hope she finds someone who will make her forget this terrible episode in her life. To go through it all in the public eye must make everything so much more difficult.

Photos of Jonas Bergström, 16th June. Bergstrom refused to comment on gossip magasin Se&Hor's billboard that says that one of his lawyer colleagues is expecting his child in the near future.
Profimedia
Profimedia

Its not a gossip, its true. My coworkers sons best friends sister is married to a guy at Wing and Jonas is considered a idiot in the firm for not having his pants on when he had a princess. He has been doing many women on the side for years apperantly

I just think I should mention that the Swedish edition of Se & Hör published an article about a month ago about Madeleine having had an affair with hockey player Henrik Lundqvist two years ago, after meeting him at a charity boat race.

I do not want to take sides in this break-up, and of course none of us can ever know for sure what happened, but since a lot of what has been written about Jonas is speculation, I think this deserves to be mentioned as well.

Se & Hör is the only magazine that has printed this story, as far as I know, but there have been persistent rumours about this affair for a while here in Sweden. Other magazines have sometimes made very subtle hints.
Recently Belga pictures republished pictures of Madeleine and Henrik, perhaps because of these rumours.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details

Henrik have actually replied with: I was at a party with my girlfriend and met the princess.

His girlfriend havent left him after all

Whose says he's living with his parents?

The swedish IRS :)

Its not a gossip, its true. My coworkers sons best friends sister is married to a guy at Wing and Jonas is considered a idiot in the firm for not having his pants on when he had a princess. He has been doing many women on the side for years apperantly

Wow, what a classy guy. Sounds like Madeline sure knows how to pick 'em. At least she got out before they married.

Why does this guy still get his 15 minutes for being an ex-fiance? I don't understand why this is even news anymore. Sure, he might have had a good time but he is the one who has to gone home alone, to his parents home, a 30 year old man who still acts like a play figure. I hope he has a lonely existence to realize his actions one day and really hopes they were worth it. He looks terrible and not the least bit attractive anymore either, like he's been all washed up...disgusting his actions then and this actions now.

Looks like Jonas has put on a little weight.

Like it or not...anything that Jonas does will be in the news. Yes, it won't be headline news but there will be a little blip...when he marries, when he has a child, if he divorces, etc.

People will provide updates. You only have to look on this board to see that people still following the coming and goings of Isabelle and Eva (Felipe's), Koo Stark (Andrew of York) and Phillipe Junot and Robert Rosellini (Caroline of Hanover). It will fade a bit but you will still get Jonas sightings and such.

I agree LadyFinn, looks like he has added some weight, of course the sunburn really just does not help...

Your right Zonk, yes of course, I just feel bad he seems to have a good time while it is evident Madeleine feels she has to work abroad. Its just a pity is all the whole thing.

Jonas is an idiot.
Plain and simple.

Jonas B. says he felt 'under pressure' and 'depressed', that he never thought that people would believe everything they read in the papers, and states that thanks to his 'competitive nature', he never allowed this to affect his career as a lawyer... he has just been promoted to partner in the prestigious Stockholm law firm Vinge.
I'd say, good luck and good-bye, hopefully and permanently.
'Hola' article in google English:
Google Translate

Thank you.

But I don't think we will get rid of him permanently. He will always be "the man who ..."

Ugh. Because this is an all ages board, I won't make a comment about the "pressure" he was feeling. I'm sure Madeleine would have agreed to postpone the wedding or even have a smaller, more intimate, gathering had he talked to her about it.

The translation I read was a bit unclear: is he now dating one of Madeleine's friends, or just someone she knows?

The translation I read was a bit unclear: is he now dating one of Madeleine's friends, or just someone she knows?

Yes, there is more info in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royals-ex-partners-7453-24.html

HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden’s Ex-Fiance in a Relationship With Her Good Friend: DRAMA! | The Royal Correspondent

Althoug I agree that Jonas is a fake, I doubt this whole engagement breaking off story is a black and white thing in terms of who is bad and who is good. Especially after what we now know about the King of Sweden I believe Jonas is not the only villain involved when coming to the bottom of why the breakup really took place. Madeleine doesnt look like Mrs Straight-forward Innocent to me either.

Back
Top Bottom