Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She probably made money with this story so there is enough room for questions.

So did the mistresses of Tiger. This doesn´t make him less a cheater.
Norway is a small (in population) country. It would take much to make a story up and to be cover girl on its biggest gossip magazine. Too much, if you ask me.
The question is rather, how often he was cheating and how M&J´s relationship was in early spring 2009.
Johan T. Lindwall did say several times, that their relationship was practically over in spring 09.

Swedish newspapers are full of reports today. It is said that Jonas' affair with the Norwegian girl took place in April 2009, that Madeleine found out but still accepted his proposal, because they were determined to stay together.

Apparently Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has received lots and lots of tips about Jonas' partying from people during the last few months, but they have chosen not to publish out of respect for Madeleine.
Jenny Alexandersson: Ska de satsa på sin relation eller gå isär? | Jenny Alexandersson | Victoria gifter sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

I actually believe them, since our newspapers are fairly humane compared to the British ones for example. We have not had any big scandals in our royal family, so the media are not used to handling rumours about royals or nearly-royals cheating.

Of course, it is impossible to know anything for sure.

It now seems that Madeline somehow found out that he cheated and he proposed in a desperate attempt to keep the relationship- and something has happened now to derail it again. Maybe he had trouble keeping it in his pants even after the engagement? :whistling:

If it is true that Jonas has had some kind of an affair then I would seriously question his judgement and maturity (and morals notwithstanding). The risk of being found out is highly likely for most ordinary folk who are having abit on the side, let alone someone who's been dating a royal princess...for eight years!

Swedish newspapers are full of reports today. It is said that Jonas' affair with the Norwegian girl took place in April 2009, that Madeleine found out but still accepted his proposal, because they were determined to stay together.

Apparently Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has received lots and lots of tips about Jonas' partying from people during the last few months, but they have chosen not to publish out of respect for Madeleine.
Jenny Alexandersson: Ska de satsa på sin relation eller gå isär? | Jenny Alexandersson | Victoria gifter sig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

I actually believe them, since our newspapers are fairly humane compared to the British ones for example. We have not had any big scandals in our royal family, so the media are not used to handling rumours about royals or nearly-royals cheating.

Of course, it is impossible to know anything for sure.
THis makes the most sense - then they do not have to break up if no infidelity happened.and the palace is confirming their togetherness..I hope they live happily ever after

I believe the palace confirmed their together so the media will get off their back. I almost fully believe now that Jonas cheated on Madeleine. Nina Eldh did say something like they need to work through this like a family. If nothing happened, then why do they have to work through it?!

The Norwegian girl, whose said to have an affair with Jonas, said she was happy when Queen Silvia said the wedding was postponed. She also said she's sad for Madeleine because she has a fiance who cheats on her. Wow. If Jonas did this, then either he has a problem with unfaithfulness or he never really loved Madeleine. The sad thing is when you are a royal, celebrity or even rich, you never know who loves you for you.

I feel sorry for Madeleine.

What is M & LL lawyer? I'm not familiar with the term.

Lawyers usually have a title after their name. LL&M (LLM) means Master of the Letters of Law. Jonas deals with documentation and negotiation of transactions, etc. It's basically an advanced degree after successfully completing the prescribed course in the study of law. Hope this helps:).

The difference between other royal house having to deal with rumors about one partner cheated is that those couple were already married, while in this case they aren't. A marriage and an engagement is different, its not to late to break off an engagement. And regardless the fact that others have cheated doesn't make the cheating any better. And the fact that they chose no to publicize the fact that Jonas has been partying wasn't out of respect of the couple but because they have him painted as the goldened boy. He's often credited for having saved and reformed Madeleine from her partying ways, and he couldn't have done that if he was the party animal.

If the palace says they're still together, then we should take that as the final word for now. Whatever transpired in their relationship to date, Madeleine made some kind of peace with it, otherwise they would have split up and we'd have heard about that. I don't think she should have since once a cheater, always a cheater.....but apparently she can live with what he may or may not have done.

I think it's noteworthy that absolutely no-one has stepped forward with a denial of the story about the affair.

And also that the Palace statement, which I suppose used very carefully chosen wording, said that "Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström are still a couple", but not "Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström remain engaged to be married at one point in early 2011."

Thanks rop81, I didn't know!
If she would have been in Italy, she would have a lot of troubles, both for using the phone and also for having the dog sat on the front seat.

No body seems to be denying this affair- least of all Jonas. And apparently Madeline knew about it before she accepted his proposal. So what has happened now, months after she knew about this and the engagement? It seems (per Madeline's current events thread) that she has her own thing on the side too. So, whats the problem with the relationship now??

I'm going to believe the Royal House until an actual formal announcement of a break up between Madeleine and Jonas is issued by it. We're learning all of this through the media and I don't trust the media anywhere. I also think it's pretty poor taste to bring this up, true or not, when the country and Royal Family are preparing to celebrate Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. I also feel bad for Madeleine and Jonas as this was a private crisis in their relationship and it's being blown out for all the public to read. It's an issue that only the two of them can or cannot work out. This publicity is only putting additional strain on the families and especially Victoria and she doesn't need it.

It is not bad taste, it is a right-duty of journalists to say what they know. Actually it seems that they are not even publishing everything they know about Jonas (or that they have waited to give the news until Jonas behavior became too bad) as a form of respect to Madeleine and the Royal family. And that's also bad because if Madeleine knew before how Jonas was she could be free and happy at Victoria's wedding!
It is sad that as a princess you always risk people to date you just because of your popularity, but that's why for centuries royals married royals. Contemporary royals don't want to do that anymore? They end up with those social climbers!

I believe the palace confirmed their together so the media will get off their back. I almost fully believe now that Jonas cheated on Madeleine. Nina Eldh did say something like they need to work through this like a family. If nothing happened, then why do they have to work through it?!

The Norwegian girl, whose said to have an affair with Jonas, said she was happy when Queen Silvia said the wedding was postponed. She also said she's sad for Madeleine because she has a fiance who cheats on her. Wow. If Jonas did this, then either he has a problem with unfaithfulness or he never really loved Madeleine. The sad thing is when you are a royal, celebrity or even rich, you never know who loves you for you.

I feel sorry for Madeleine. [/QUOTE

If the Norwegian girl had been so sad for Madeleine, she wouldn´t have had a fling with her fiancee. I have to laugh always when I see the lovers in newspapers expressing their regrets... They just want to get into spotlight. It is very dangerous for famous men, because there are always women around them eager to make themselves visible through the men and don´t hesitate to sell their stories to tabloid.

Princess Mary said in an interview just prior to or after her wedding ( cannot recall exactly when ) something to the tune of if a royal has to constantly defend themselves in the press to the public they will have to do so everyday because of all the things that get written about them. Perhaps this is the case with Madeleine and Jonas hence no one has denied or confirmed these rumours. I don't know much about the Swedish Royals other than what I read on this board and others but if the King is supposed to be someone strict as has been written, he would have suggested to the couple to put an end to the relationship so that it does not steal the thunder of Victoria's wedding. Then again he could have learnt from cousin Daisy and said to them to show an united front until after the wedding and then call it quits. I am one of those who will give the couple the benefit of the doubt that they are still engaged and will wait until an official announcement comes from the palace.

I feel bad for Madeleine if Jonas did indeed cheat. :sad:

If the Norwegian girl had been so sad for Madeleine, she wouldn´t have had a fling with her fiancee.
Maybe she really did not know who he was? That is what she said in the paper, and I think it could be true. At least I wouldn't recognize him if he came across me somewhere, even though I've seen him in pictures.

I still hope this is just rumours though 'trouble in paradise' seems serious this time. :cool:

they seem to do Couples Therapy they have been seen outside a office for Couples Therapy in stockholm
madeleine is leavning for US on saturday.

I wonder what Kungen thinks, since Jonas was reported as being his ~favorite.
Well, you know it has been said that the King also has had his flings... ;) So I don't think this will affect his opinions too much, really!

If Madeleine was to attend to Victoria's wedding on her own, nobody would pay attention to the young couple...everybody commenting on Madeleine....

I cannot understand why the couple have let these break-up gossips go so far when it was easy to ruin them by simply appearing together going to the movies, to the theater and so on....

Then again he could have learnt from cousin Daisy and said to them to show an united front until after the wedding and then call it quits.

I think this is entirely possible, but I don't think it's going to work nearly as well here. The Joachim and Alexandra thing worked because no one thought they'd be getting divorced - people here were completely shocked, so no one was thinking about it at the wedding. However, everyone there are problems with Madeleine and Jonas now and it will take some of the attention off Victoria on her special day. We'll all be trying to read the body language between M and J with the same fervor we'll be discussing V's dress.

Either they do something together as a sign that the rumours aren't true as you said it, rominet09, or they announce that they broke up. No matter what they'll do, they have to do it soon. It would be mean to "spoil" Victoria's day because everybody would talk about Madeleine and Jonas if nothing official is said before the wedding.

Very well said, Rominet & rsfc149.....

DO SOMETHING AND DO IT QUICK!

If Madeleine was to attend to Victoria's wedding on her own, nobody would pay attention to the young couple...everybody commenting on Madeleine....

I think that if Madeleine will come to the wedding with Jonas, everyone will comment it... It would be better for the coming wedding, if Madeleine and Jonas would break up now.
Princess Madeleine seen speaking on her mobile phone at Grev Turegatan in central Stockholm on Tuesday.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Yesterday Madeleine went shopping with Louise Gottlieb.
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo

Back
Top Bottom