Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what Kungen thinks, since Jonas was reported as being his ~favorite.

And how stupid of Jonas. It makes me wonder how long he has been doing this. They lived together for a while, and he goes and does this after they get engaged? :ermm:

they have made misstakes lately

for example silvia were dying from alzheimers acoring from one of they reporters. the reporter got a a time out for that

the story is from norway gossip magazines not the best source but there are other papaers not saying but hinting that jonas were cheating

the court need Tarras for this not Nina

has it finally ended? is there no chance that there will be no announcement and they just might work it out?

has it finally ended? is there no chance that there will be no announcement and they just might work it out?

I do not think so, but ultimately it's up to Madeleine and Jonas.

Today, Norwegian magazine "Se og Hör" carries an interview with a 21-year-old Norwegian woman who speaks about her one-night-stand with a certain 'Jacob Bernström', claiming to have found out only afterwards that the man happened to be the fiancé of Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

This morning, the Bernadotte's official website deleted Princess Madeleine's name from the list of attendees at today's State Council lunch at Stockholm Palace. Princess Madeleine was supposed to attend along with The King and Queen and CP Victoria.

This ongoing relationship crisis story, which IMHO should be considered a veritable story by now and not just a rumor, distracts far more from the upcpoming wedding than any engagement break-up announcement would.

Before the soap opera aspect here gets out of hand media-wise, and before the public embarrassment or even humiliation of Princess Madeleine continues any further, she and the Palace should get their act together and release a statement.
(...of whatever nature - though preferrably a statement which ends this probably ill-advised engagement, as far as I am concerned.)

i have no ide whta the court is up to

madeleine seems to been there at least for photo session
the court

Somehow I just never saw the two of them together in the first place.
If they have a crisis in their relationship maybe they can work it out and maybe they cannot. Misalliances happen all the time. If they break I just hope PM does not get hurt badly. Prncess Madeleine is quite the charming young lady.

Yes indeed - first her name was erased from the royal calendar this morning, then she attended after all... see also the 'Royal Family Current' topic.

In the 'Se og Hör" article, they write that the magazine called Jonas Bergström repeatedly and asked for his comment about the story of his affair.
After denying it completely for weeks, he finally said he could "not rule out" that the woman was in his company that night. Supposedly, that's when they decided to go ahead and publish the story.

Princess Madeleine is scheduled to leave for a longer stay in the US in a couple of days; perhaps someone will be smart enough to realize that this would be an ideal time period, with her out of the immediate Swedish media fire line, to release an official statement.

While I usually don't believe in things written in the press before an official announcement it seems there is some truth to these rumours. Too many members of the press have picked up on the story and strange comings and goings at the palace and the couples appartment. Something doesn't seem right.

I hope they do announce it soon so the media storm can be over with before Victoria's wedding. If the speculation was to continue until June it would be unfair to Victoria and Daniel.

An announcement should be made when Madeleine leaves for America. She will be away from the Swedish press and the undeniable speculation as to the cause of the break up that will come with an announcement

A Norwegian woman is said to have an affair with Jonas?? Wow is this true?? I hope Jonas was not that dumb to succumb to that. Sounds like Jesse James.

Its hard when their is trouble in a relationship, but think how extra hard it would be with the media hanging on to every word
USA trip is just about perfect for everyone involved, and it would give Jonas time to remove his belongings and himself from their apartment

Of all of them I think Daniel will be the most heart broken over this, he and Jonas are very good friends, so it can and will be ackward

i fell really sorry for madeleine she has been so happy for the past years with jonas i dont know what really happen to this couple

Some how I doubt Daniel will be anywhere near as heartbroken as Madeline will be. Outside of when both of the couples hung out together I don't think I've seen them together until a few days ago when they were seen in a car together, where the media labeled is a 'show of support' but I doubt that. You would have hope it was more in the lines of behave or else.

The court only publishes few photos of there appointments so Madeleine's appearance at the event it had to be only for appearance purposes to say shes hanging in there, so I court is at least trying to react to this.:ermm:

:previous:

Maybe he wanted both of them for different things :whistling:

Do any of these reports say when this one-night stand is alleged to have occurred? One of the articles says that JOnas has been living a "double life" (if I read it correctly). Have there been other allegations of infidelity on his part?

I would bet that if there's no public announcement that they've split up by the time of Victoria's wedding, they will go to the wedding together. If Madeleine shows up to her sister's wedding alone, that's all people will talk about. It'll take attention away from the bride, who should be the star of the show.

^^
If they say that they are separated now, in june people will be bored with that story; but if they don't say anything and they go together to the wedding the press will talk about them, speculating with the idea that they are acting for the wedding

Was she having a phone call while driving? :nonono:
Yes Sweden is one of the last contries in Europe where it´s still legal to talk in your phone while your driving and don´t require that you use a headset

Do any of these reports say when this one-night stand is alleged to have occurred? One of the articles says that JOnas has been living a "double life" (if I read it correctly). Have there been other allegations of infidelity on his part?
The report talks about his "double life" as at the day devoted princessboyfriend and lawyer and at night partyanimal - but they don´t mention anything about any affairs or other womens

If he's a party animal then why was this not discovered earlier? Within days the media can find out who made what outfit, but if someone known publicly is out partying on a weekly bases no one notices?:ermm:

If he's a party animal then why was this not discovered earlier? Within days the media can find out who made what outfit, but if someone known publicly is out partying on a weekly bases no one notices?:ermm:

A good point!

When Madeleine first began dating Jonas, there wasn't really any bad gossip or information about him; he seemed like an upstanding guy. And now there's all sorts of things being said about him, and it all came about in such a short amount of time. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

This brings back memories of Mary and Frederik's wedding. Joachim and Alexandra had already decided to separate, but stayed together for appearances until after the wedding.

This will they or won't day is maddening.........Is any other Royal House as inept at PR as this one!?! They just don't know how to handle negative press coverage do they?

If Jonas cheated IN Sweden (or in Scandinavia) for that matter he should be fired- he is too stupid to be a lawyer :ROFLMAO: He is engaged to a PRINCESS who is stalked by the paparazzi and he though it would never come out?

ruthieviews

I agree. If the story is true, Jonas WAS really stupid. How could he DO this? For years we have seen the fair haired boy hanging out with the royal family. He was thought to be the King's favorite. People considered him a really fine partner for Madeleine. He comes from a wealthy and social family. He was dating one of the most beautiful women in Sweden. He was dating a PRINCESS. He was hired by a prestigious law firm (probably based on the above) and his future was assured. Although the press was ever present when he was with his Princess, they prevailed as the "golden couple" and looked forward to representing the Swedish Royal Family as a Duke and Dutchess. While Daniel Westling slowly walked the path to becoming accepted by both the public and the Swedish Royal Family, Jonas was stamped "Approved" almost immediately. If he did, indeed, wager all of the above for a one night stand with a stunning Norwegian, he really IS STUPID. If I were him, I would plead temporary insanity. There is, however, an unanswered question...how long has he been doing this? In all the years he has been fair haired boy, is this the only one?

I think that the least said (by the palace and by Madeleine and Jonas) about these stories the better things will be. If they intend to continue their relationship and get married, then making as little fuss and comment about the stories as possible is the best way to handle it. Any comment, denial or confirmation of infidelity will give bate to the media and leave more questions unanswered than the original "did he have an affair". I hope that any problem between them is resolved and they are grown up enough to handle the situation positively.

This will they or won't day is maddening.........Is any other Royal House as inept at PR as this one!?! They just don't know how to handle negative press coverage do they?

If Jonas cheated IN Sweden (or in Scandinavia) for that matter he should be fired- he is too stupid to be a lawyer :ROFLMAO: He is engaged to a PRINCESS who is stalked by the paparazzi and he though it would never come out?

I think all royal houses have the same policy towards the gossip press, which is that they do not reply to anything, unless it is terribly outrageous. We have seen many stories about cheating royals in the gossip press over the years, and almost every time each and every court replied: no comment. I don't see why the Swedish court would do anything different this time.

Note that nothing has come out yet, there is one girl who claims she was intimate with Jonas Bergstrom She probably made money with this story so there is enough room for questions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom