The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't think anyone here admire Jonas. I see no fanclub, in other words.
Humm... I gather you still haven't read the comments posted by a newbie with a very self-explanaory username...

Otherwise, I would agree that some of the reactions posted here have been over-blown and shocking by their virulence. I actually commented on that before.
Some posters openly wished for Jonas to be physically harmed or to lose his job, among other punishments.
Utterly ridiculous hysteria.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Having been cheated on, I can't help but wish for him to get kicked in the crown jewels, if only because that's what cheaters deserve. I don't want him maimed or killed. You can't show someone how well you're living and just what they're missing if they're a corpse.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right. Jonas made his bed, so to speak.....ridiculous hysteria, right, also. He is the fool and so let him be.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of Jonas Bergström, 16th June. Bergstrom refused to comment on gossip magasin Se&Hor's billboard that says that one of his lawyer colleagues is expecting his child in the near future.
Profimedia
Profimedia
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Aristocracy

So you noticed the newbie's self-explanatory name too?! I mean it's a bit odd and all but whatever I guess everybody's got their own use to support which side...I guess.

But yes since to speak Jonas has made his bed, he will lie in it. Whether or not he is 100% at fault for everything that aspired that EVENTUALLY Jonas WILL dispate into "Jonas who?" sooner or later.

I don't wish him any harm, a loss of a job he might be good at but I do wish one day he will look back and kick himself for being so cruel. No woman, I don't care who you are doesn't desrve true/or speculated cheatings.

As I said, Madeleine will recover from this...be it in her own personal way of how she deals with things. Since none of us know her personally I don't think it is right to say how rude or immature she has been. It's obvious her family supports her need to go off and find calm, quiet whatever. She will bounce back, she will find someone who loves her for who she is title or no title. She will marry, they will have a good life and children. And all Jonas will be able to do is watch from afar and be haunted by, "what if...?" senerio to his own actions. I just hope he feels his hot seat currently was worth his ill judgement...but only he will be able to decide that for himself. I am sure this has cost not only himself, the Swedish Royal Family, and Jonas' own family quite a bit of uneeded embarassment. No need I guess to keep rubbing his nose in it. But again to each is own opinion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Humm... I gather you still haven't read the comments posted by a newbie with a very self-explanaory username...

Otherwise, I would agree that some of the reactions posted here have been over-blown and shocking by their virulence. I actually commented on that before.
Some posters openly wished for Jonas to be physically harmed or to lose his job, among other punishments.
Utterly ridiculous hysteria.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
You may be right here, since I usually avoid reading nonsense. And I agree, hysteria is a bad thing. Some people here talked about the whole issue as if they were Madeleine themselves. That cool!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
You may be right here, since I usually avoid reading nonsense. And I agree, hysteria is a bad thing. Some people here talked about the whole issue as if they were Madeleine themselves. That cool!
Perhaps some posters have themselves been in the same situation. For many, both men and women, it would be easier to recover from a knife through you heart than the kind of betrayal that went on in Madeleine and Jonas' relationship. If you get involved with the royal family or any public family then your responsibility also includes to not embarass or humiliate them publicly. Jonas has shown a substantial lack of class and emphaty. If he was unhappy in the relationship then he should just have ended it in a proper way.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos of Jonas Bergström, 16th June. Bergstrom refused to comment on gossip magasin Se&Hor's billboard that says that one of his lawyer colleagues is expecting his child in the near future.
Profimedia
Profimedia

Wow...

Time heals, Princess Madeleine will meet someone right for her.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Serene Highness

If the situation had been reversed, Princess Madeleine would never be totally forgiven. She would be reminded of it over and over again. Woman are not as forgiven as easily as men are for cheating.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Madeleine is a born princess and no mother.
That´s why I don´t think, it would harm her much, if she would have been the cheater. It maybe would even raise her "value" on "the market".
Old 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

I hope that Princess Madeleine finds a man who loves her, respects her and who will grow old with her. She deserves the very best. It's sad that Jonas didn't see it that way. One day he will regret what he has done.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Cheating is an awful thing to do I don't care which one does it. I don't see how Madeleine cheating would have helped her why would anyone want to be with a person who cheats.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Madeleine is a born princess and no mother.
That´s why I don´t think, it would harm her much, if she would have been the cheater. It maybe would even raise her "value" on "the market".
Are you kidding?
It would harm her tremendously if she was the one that cheated. Shes a public figure and even a celebrity in her own right. She has to be very careful about what she does. If she cheated she would be branded...the cheating princess would be her name. Basically, anyone who has that kind of fame has to be careful about that sort of thing.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Courtier

IMO with all that talking about how beautiful she is and that she deserves the best we do her no favour:
A person is not only what he/she looks like. The character is important. IMO specially in Madeleine´s case her beauty might have brought her problems: Lots of people specially after Jonas cheated on her are melting with pity: ..."How could he do this to her, she is soooo beautiful, blah, blah.....", or: ...."how can someone cheat on such a beautiful woman, blah,blah".....
We all don´t know either Jonas nor Madeleine. Just to look good IMO doesn´t mean that someone deserves better than other (normal) people or that someone deserves all the best just because of his/her beauty. IMO some postings here sound like this an awful lot.
Maybe Madeleine might sometimes have been too aware of her beauty and therefore didn´t check her partners character or her own character before starting a partnership.....
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
IMO with all that talking about how beautiful she is and that she deserves the best we do her no favour:
A person is not only what he/she looks like. The character is important. IMO specially in Madeleine´s case her beauty might have brought her problems: Lots of people specially after Jonas cheated on her are melting with pity: ..."How could he do this to her, she is soooo beautiful, blah, blah.....", or: ...."how can someone cheat on such a beautiful woman, blah,blah".....
We all don´t know either Jonas nor Madeleine. Just to look good IMO doesn´t mean that someone deserves better than other (normal) people or that someone deserves all the best just because of his/her beauty. IMO some postings here sound like this an awful lot.
Maybe Madeleine might sometimes have been too aware of her beauty and therefore didn´t check her partners character or her own character before starting a partnership.....
People can change a lot over 7-8 years. I doubt the gallavanting Jonas is the young man she fell in love with.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

Is beauty really that much of a factor here? OK, I know there's cases where it has been but...

In this particular case, we are talking someone (Jonas) who clearly led a double life for quite some time while dating Madeleine. He seemed not to think it would get out even though it inevitably did, and surely those around them would have suspected something. Moreover, he knew that by doing so, he threw away an opportunity very few people would have.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Gentry

I just think I should mention that the Swedish edition of Se & Hör published an article about a month ago about Madeleine having had an affair with hockey player Henrik Lundqvist two years ago, after meeting him at a charity boat race.

I do not want to take sides in this break-up, and of course none of us can ever know for sure what happened, but since a lot of what has been written about Jonas is speculation, I think this deserves to be mentioned as well.

Se & Hör is the only magazine that has printed this story, as far as I know, but there have been persistent rumours about this affair for a while here in Sweden. Other magazines have sometimes made very subtle hints.
Recently Belga pictures republished pictures of Madeleine and Henrik, perhaps because of these rumours.

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

^ They definitely suit each other in terms of looks and the interraction between them... But who am I to say?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I feel sorry for the long time girlfriend of Henrik Lundqvist because of these rumours. Lundqvist has said that he knows Madeleine but they are not a pair.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

You know it must be pretty embarassing, considering he is a (31?) year old lawyer whom now is living with both his parents at home. I figured lawyers whichever type would make enough to afford even a suitable place of his own. I guess not...

But why would Jonas still even be registered at the Royal Mews? I hope Madeleine can find it comfortable staying there again. But time will fade this painful time for her.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine