The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

I thought the same thing ashelen. Of course, everybody knows when the time comes for Madeleines brollopet, that he will be sitting there thinking of everything his one/or more cheats cost him. That he will go on having to watch Madeleine marry, have children, her charity events and happiness.

At best he is going to be a forgotten lawyer (depending on how much lawyers make) in a middle class apartment with a possible child with a co-worker, provided he choses to stay at Virje law firm for much longer.

Forever in the shadow of the "once-upon-a-time" I think the closest he is ever going to get to Kungliga Slottet much less Drottningholms Slott again is through the open weekly tours if even that. But Madeleine will go on in life and one day be happy.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
He should bear 100% of the responsibility for cheating.
And where did I state the opposite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Had they split up for any other reason, I'd agree with you. It takes two to end a relationship.......unless one cheats on the other. Then it's all on them.
Well, there lie-in the problem.
You assume that the sole reason why the relationship was a failure is because of his cheating. I don't believe that.

Yes, the cheating was the final nail in the coffin but I doubt all was rosy and perfect before-hands. The reports that have appeared in the press after the cheating scandal exploded painted the picture of a dysfunctional relationship, imo. I don't know just how reliable they are but personally, I doubt that relationship was healthy or would have survived into a long, happy union even if Jonas had managed to keep his fly zipped.

I believe they are both better off without each other, Madeleine especially so.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
One, no one said that because she's a princess, she's always right. Two, Jonas' wandering eyes (and other body parts) have been common knowledge in the news both in Sweden and Norway (where the other woman is from) ever since the break-up was announced. Also, news surfaced shortly after that he had cheated on her during their relationship PRIOR to the engagement and that she agreed to an engagement to try and "save" the relationship. Three, calling a man that cheats on his fiancee an "idiot" or a "loser" is actually not disrespectful. It's merely stating fact, no different than saying the sky is blue and 2 + 2 = 4. Four, relax.
When you can PROVE that is was HIM that cheated on HER, then you may tell me to relax....."common knowledge" doesnt proove anything......there's plenty of "common knowledge" about the Royal Family too.........
Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Courtier

^^
And what about the interview to Jonas' lover? She had proof of her relationship with Jonas, so you say that we can't believe her or all the magazines that say the same story?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
When you can PROVE that is was HIM that cheated on HER, then you may tell me to relax....."common knowledge" doesnt proove anything......there's plenty of "common knowledge" about the Royal Family too.........

It's also common knowledge that the earth revolves around the sun and that the moon affects the tides.....but hey. Common knowledge doesn't prove anything, right?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
We are NEVER going to be able to prove that he cheated.
Unless someone here can get to be best friends with either Madeleine or Jonas.
Everything we talk about is speculation, we take it with a pinch of salt.
But it is fact they broke up, it is speculation, strong speculation that they broke up because Jonas cheated.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm sorry but are you Jonas' publicist or something?
You've barely arrived and you are already displaying such aggressivity.

Jonas' cheating at this point cannot be much doubted.
Neither the Swedish court nor, more tellingly, Jonas' camp have made any effort to deny (officially or unofficially) the reports about his fling with the Norwegian. The girl herself has given some material proof to support her story and, beside, Jonas' hard partying and wandering eye have been notorious for years. We're way past the 'benefit of the doubt' here.
It's a Tiger Wood situation, really: we all knew the reports about his affairs were true even before he admitted it himself because the evidences kept piling up.

The exact dynamic of his relationship with Madeleine might never be known but at this point it's fairly futile to try and pretend he wasn't disloyal to her.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 AM

So guys do we know wherether he was at Victorias wedding or not?

I think that as bas as cheeting is there is much more to this breakup and I wouldn't put the whole blame on Jonas. YES he did cheet, YES it is horrible and uneccusable. But then they had problems before, some sources even sugest that Maddie was angry with his working hours. She is also believed to be a difficoult person. He was overworked, stressed and unhappy, drunk some alcohol and BANG. It happens all the time all over the world and people somehow manage to deal with it. I think that if it was just that one-nighter and it didn't go public they could work it out. I'm not trying to make excuses for the cheeting but I just don't agree with the way this situation was handled by the media and "royal-fans".
Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizab View Post
I think that as bas as cheeting is there is much more to this breakup and I wouldn't put the whole blame on Jonas. YES he did cheet, YES it is horrible and uneccusable. But then they had problems before, some sources even sugest that Maddie was angry with his working hours. She is also believed to be a difficoult person. He was overworked, stressed and unhappy, drunk some alcohol and BANG. It happens all the time all over the world and people somehow manage to deal with it. I think that if it was just that one-nighter and it didn't go public they could work it out. I'm not trying to make excuses for the cheeting but I just don't agree with the way this situation was handled by the media and "royal-fans".

So what? If a woman is "difficult" or doesn't like that he works long hours, that gives him the right get drunk and sleep with another woman? You're basically saying that it happens all the time, he was unhappy, he was drunk, she was being difficult.....you're essentially rationalizing it.

I've said it before in this thread; Madeleine could have been the world's worst girlfriend. The two of them could have argued and fought from sun-up to sundown. That doesn't mean he gets to screw around on her. If they were that unhappy or if Madeleine was really that bad, he should have just dumped her.

Please, please, please stop making excuses for this guy.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But then they had problems before, some sources even sugest that Maddie was angry with his working hours. She is also believed to be a difficoult person. He was overworked, stressed and unhappy, drunk some alcohol and BANG. It happens all the time all over the world and people somehow manage to deal with it..
Never, ever an excuse for cheating. Only a self centered ego loving person [male or female] would ever cause that type of pain to anyone they had true feeling for. Overwork, stress, unhappy, drunk is just excuses for doing what he wanted to when he knew it was wrong. Not a fully mature person, only self loving. Been there years ago [with two children and 12 years of marriage] and know exactly what it was like. If Maddy is lucky, like I was, her true prince will eventually come along.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So what? If a woman is "difficult" or doesn't like that he works long hours, that gives him the right get drunk and sleep with another woman? You're basically saying that it happens all the time, he was unhappy, he was drunk, she was being difficult.....you're essentially rationalizing it.

I've said it before in this thread; Madeleine could have been the world's worst girlfriend. The two of them could have argued and fought from sun-up to sundown. That doesn't mean he gets to screw around on her. If they were that unhappy or if Madeleine was really that bad, he should have just dumped her.

Please, please, please stop making excuses for this guy.
Oh please! Sorry to give you a wake up call but yeah: it happens all the time. People cheat!!! Men and women!

I don't think anyone here believes that it's a good thing and if Jonas really cheated on her and if it's the only reason why they broke off their engagement then that's it. And good for Madeleine that she found out and got rid of him!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
Oh please! Sorry to give you a wake up call but yeah: it happens all the time. People cheat!!! Men and women!

I don't need a wake up call. Thank you anyway. I know infidelity happens all the time, and I know that both men and women cheat. I never said otherwise. What I said was not to make excuses for why Jonas cheated on Madeleine. That it didn't matter what kind of girlfriend she was, or whether she complained about his work schedule. That if she was really a horrible girlfriend and he just couldn't take it anymore, he should have dumped her.

Nowhere in my post did I say that cheating DIDN'T happen or that only men cheat or that only women cheat. Don't put words in my mouth, please.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
So guys do we know wherether he was at Victorias wedding or not?

No he did not attend Victoria's wedding.
There is no excuse for cheating.
If he had problems with Madeleine being difficult, he should have finished her.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Just read in the german BILD.de website that Jonas is going to be a father because he got a co-worker pregnant.

Arme Prinzessin Madeleine von Schweden: Ihr Ex-Verlobter Jonas Bergström wird angeblich Papa! - Unterhaltung - Royals - Bild.de

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, it's completely ridiculous!!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This was discussed a while back, and rumoured to be another reason for the break-up.
If he got a co-worker pregnant, than it's his problem.
If he hasn't, then the papers shouldn't create lies like this.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't need a wake up call. Thank you anyway. I know infidelity happens all the time, and I know that both men and women cheat. I never said otherwise. What I said was not to make excuses for why Jonas cheated on Madeleine. That it didn't matter what kind of girlfriend she was, or whether she complained about his work schedule. That if she was really a horrible girlfriend and he just couldn't take it anymore, he should have dumped her.

Nowhere in my post did I say that cheating DIDN'T happen or that only men cheat or that only women cheat. Don't put words in my mouth, please.
Dont worry. I'm not keen on putting words in your mouth. I hate it to get personal, but you should learn to accept the opinions of others. If people here try to make excuses for Jonas Bergstroms behavior, let them live. If you find it inexcusable (and I have no doubt about it) then that is your opinion and you dont have to persuade others. This forum is a discussion board and to me it is natural that different opinions are part and parcel of a discussion.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
Just read in the german BILD.de website that Jonas is going to be a father because he got a co-worker pregnant.

Arme Prinzessin Madeleine von Schweden: Ihr Ex-Verlobter Jonas Bergström wird angeblich Papa! - Unterhaltung - Royals - Bild.de

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, it's completely ridiculous!!
If it try - Jonas are very stupid man
Change Madeleine with other woman - very strange choice
Old 06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Courtier

There is no excuse for cheating, none... But there is also no excuse for the fact that Madeleine knew he was cheating and accepted a proposal from him, none. He's the jerk, but they are BOTH immature. They are better off apart, thank god!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If he had problems with Madeleine being difficult, he should have finished her.
Errr, surely you mean finished with her. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westminster View Post
That's not a very good point, imo. Rape and thief happen all the time too, that doesn't make them more acceptable.

But I agree with the general point you and other people are making.

Jonas is 100% responsible for his infidelity, but the responsibility for the failure of the relationship is most likely shared (maybe not evenly but still) because, from what has transpired, it's very unlikely that it was the only problem they were having.

People who say that Madeleine also had a role in the breakdown of the relationship are not saying it's ever OK to cheat. They simply are saying that there are many reasons why a relationship can be doomed, and infidelity is only one of them.
It's not that hard a concept to understand.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Errr, surely you mean finished with her. ....
Same thing, just with an extra word.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine