The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
He cheated on her. Would you stay friends with a man who cheated on you?
Depending on how we were in the relationship, and how it ended, they could stay friends. And i may stay friends with an ex if he cheated on me, depending on how everything ended.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Will Jonas come to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
I cant imagine he would go now. Even though he is a good friend of Daniel's, it would be too much of a distraction, the King and Queen wouldnt allow it I dont think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would be surprised if he was ever seen again at a royal event or at an event that the Swedish royals attend.

I do think he will face some pretty strong public condemnation for some time to come.
Apparently he is still on the guest list
Google Translate

Whether he will come is a different matter.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Courtier

I applaud Madeleine for choosing the right decision. She'll find love again.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Apparently he is still on the guest list
Google Translate

Whether he will come is a different matter.
Perhaps they want him to serve as a piñata.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post
As time goes by and we do not really know what was their relationship really like, I dont see a problem for them staying "friends" one day. I know quite some people who even after their divorce stayed friends. That would be a prove that they handeled it all well and most important in a mature way. But I have to agree that this is difficult, even more when the press is involved all the time.
Quote:
Depending on how we were in the relationship, and how it ended, they could stay friends. And i may stay friends with an ex if he cheated on me, depending on how everything ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
He cheated on her. Would you stay friends with a man who cheated on you?
At this point in the relationship, they won't be friends. It'll take some time for that to happen. The only way I can see them being friends again is if Jonas and Daniel remain good friends. If Jonas is isolated from the royal family then I doubt there will be friendship in the future. I remained friends with my ex because he and my brother are best friends. So it just depends on the degree of the situation. I've read more than once, from royal court personnel, that Madeleine is very decisive and once she's made up her mind, it made up. That may not be a good thing for Jonas.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

I think even if Jonas is still invited to the wedding it would be respectful of him not to go.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

There's no way I could be friends with a man who cheated on me. Being cheated on is the ultimate sign of disrespect. If you can't respect me as your girlfriend, you surely can't respect me as just a friend.

Obviously everyone's lives are different and what works for you, works for you.....but I couldn't do it. I can't and won't associate with people who would treat me like that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post

Jonas will have to live with this for the rest of his life. This is now public record and no matter where he goes- all it takes is for someone to do a Google search on his name and the whole sordid thing will be before them.

Jonas can be assured that he will be dating no one anytime soon (or even ever) that will be interested in Jonas Bergstrom the person. It will be publicity hungry women from now on. Any serious prospect will, like someone else said in this thread, think what the chances of him staying loyal to her are given than he cheated on his beautiful, vibrant partner of many years (never mind that she was a real life Princess to boot!).
Ah! But there ARE women out there who thrive on this sort of thing. Russo thinks to John Bryan and Fergie where after their photos were all over the place Mr. John had invitations into bedrooms of all sorts of loose titled women. Princess Hermine de Clermont-Tonnerre comes to mind . . .
Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jonas attending the wedding is absurd. I think he will be a distraction. It would be best to just forget, move on and don't show up at the wedding. Jonas should have known all of this before he made his wild decisions.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

an article from the local:
Bergström and Prince Charles invited to royal wedding pre-party - The Local
Old 04-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
Perhaps they want him to serve as a piñata.
jajajajaja
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I'm sure he won't attend. The guest was probably made up a while ago before things went south.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Courtier

I'm sure nobody wants to see her/his father-in-law angry because you cheated his son/daughter, and with a plus: he is the King of your country and you are in all newspapers of the world because of that
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Nobility

Small question on what happened

ok - I may sound ignorant but I did not follow a lot what was going on. so could you please tell me - did he cheat before the engagement or afterwards - because to me this would be something different....
Old 05-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Aristocracy

It happened before the engagement, it seems that the proposal was a last ditch effort to save the relationship.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
It happened before the engagement, it seems that the proposal was a last ditch effort to save the relationship.
Some magazines say he cheated before the engagement, but Madeleine forgave him and accepted the proposal to work on the marriage.
But he cheated again after the engagement which caused it to fully collapse.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Courtier

^^
So I'm confused with this story, the affair with the norwegian was before of after?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
^^
So I'm confused with this story, the affair with the norwegian was before of after?
I think this was the one after the engagement. I'm not 100% though.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think this was the one after the engagement. I'm not 100% though.
No the affair with the Norwegian was before the engagement but there are rumours that he may have had other affairs after the engagement - but that´s only speculations

And i can´t imagen Jonas would be present at the wedding, if he would be there the media would have a field-day. I belive that the guest-list was done before the engagement was broken off.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

I feel Jonas should not go to the wedding because it will take the attention off Victoria and Daniel, the attention will be focused on Madeleine and Jonas.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine