The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

i am sure with all the jewellery that she already has and all what she will inherit from her mother and the family she does not give a dam about the ring, she has better diamonds, bigger and so on, I like the idea to donated to one of her charities, a least something good to come out of this sad story!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i am sure with all the jewellery that she already has and all what she will inherit from her mother and the family she does not give a dam about the ring, she has better diamonds, bigger and so on, I like the idea to donated to one of her charities, a least something good to come out of this sad story!
Which is why I brought it up a couple of pages back, in context of my friends' cancelled engagement. It's called "making lemonade out of lemons," but it requires maturity on the part of the parties. I know so little of Jonas and only a bit of Madeleine, but he sounds like a horse's ass - just the kind of horse's ass who would demand the ring back. So whether he has the maturity to agree to something like that is beyond me.

The ring itself could take on a new reputation! It could be auctioned and sold again and again....each person willing to take on the challenge of a Ring That Doomed a Relationship! Stories would be told "I gave it to my wife for our fortieth wedding anniversary, and then the Titanic just sank beneath our feet!" "I bought it for my daughter, but then she ran off with the cook's son and sold it to fund his GI Joe collection!"

But yes, that ring could do a world of good off her finger and out of her jewelry collection.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh wow he even gave her a Cartier love bracelet.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine needs to act according to her own integrity. The ring is to be returned. Jonas should not have to ask for it. That is the custom even in Sweden. An engagement ring is not a gift, it is a symbol for a planned wedding. No wedding, no ring.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

News of the break up has reached the NZ online papers. Quite surprised that one of them had it as one of the main headlines.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why would Madeliene want to keep that awful piece of metal anyway? Unless she wants a daily reminder of her lying, cheating ex fiancée, she'd chuck that ring in the Atlantic and the fishes, sharks, dolphins and whales play with it.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Swedish Palace confirms Princess Madeleine and fiance Jonas have split - hellomagazine.com (26/04/2010).
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Well, a broken engagement may be upsetting but a broken marriage is a disaster.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin View Post
Well, a broken engagement may be upsetting but a broken marriage is a disaster.

Brilliantly put
Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Courtier

I just hope that Princess Madelein will take a breack from men and juse the time in US to heal hear heart and think of the futur as a singel for a period of her life...
She has the time for her and alot of things to do with it..

Old 04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
I just hope that Princess Madelein will take a breack from men and juse the time in US to heal hear heart and think of the futur as a singel for a period of her life...
Oh yes, I hope her travel to USA helps her (at least a little bit) to have some ideas organized and be focused on her job
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she has fun in NYC....there's a lot to see and do there and she should be fairly anonymous.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
Agree.For the time being I hope she will try and have some good fun in her life again,that she is open to that and learns to
enjoy again,especially as she knows NYC like her back pocket.I hope it won't be too much of a nasty memory on june 19th as we all witness her sister's wedding in Stockholm.And I wish her every possible luck and good fortune.I think we all agree on that for dear Madde.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Madeleine would have a good time but newspapers from Sweden, Norway, etc, sent their photographers to NY. This may be hard for her.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

Cool down people! Madeleine certainly knows the right thing to do with her ring
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Jonas may now find that going through life as just an ordinary citizen instead of as "the boyfriend of Princess Madeleine"" not so many doors will open for him now. He will just be Mr Bergstrom, and he may realize that his future is not as spectacular as it could have been. So I'm sure he will go through a period of regrets at some point. The princess may take her time now and hope she finds someone well deserving. After all, all a woman wants is someone to love and build a family with.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Jonas may now find that going through life as just an ordinary citizen instead of as "the boyfriend of Princess Madeleine"" not so many doors will open for him now. He will just be Mr Bergstrom, and he may realize that his future is not as spectacular as it could have been. So I'm sure he will go through a period of regrets at some point. The princess may take her time now and hope she finds someone well deserving. After all, all a woman wants is someone to love and build a family with.
I think that Jonas won't even be considered an ordinary citizen for a while; he'll be known as "the guy who cheated on Princess Madeleine" until he's eventually forgotten, and because he will be known for doing that, things might get even harder for him on a few fronts.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonquil View Post
I think that Jonas won't even be considered an ordinary citizen for a while; he'll be known as "the guy who cheated on Princess Madeleine" until he's eventually forgotten, and because he will be known for doing that, things might get even harder for him on a few fronts.
How about dating with someone else...One may thing "if he cheated on her, and she's a real princess...."
Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
How about dating with someone else...One may thing "if he cheated on her, and she's a real princess...."
Exactly.

The only girl who would probably date him now with all of this still fresh in people's minds would probably be a girl who simply want to be in the public view and get attention...though it would be the wrong kind of attention.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I thought Madeleine would have a good time but newspapers from Sweden, Norway, etc, sent their photographers to NY. This may be hard for her.
Well N.Y. is a lot bigger then Stockholm is, so she will have a better time avoiding the press there.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine