The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
This story tells very well that you never know about someone. And now we see that the so very well educated and sophisticated young guy has done the worst thing he could ever do and the less educated and comming from the little town Ocklebro Daniel is doing a much better job.
Fathers money and high education doesn't help tho get a character.
You are correct. Education and {fake} sophistication does not make a person automatically have integrity. Money and the ability to have sex does not make a man especially if he is a compulsive liar [which he MUST have been if he cheated on future wife]. It makes him a manipulator with no conscience and she is well rid of him. Once a cheat, always a cheat which makes him nothing more than a self serving coward who thinks he has the right to anything he wants at any time. That is not a man, that is a mutation.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Contrived or not, I for one am I sick of the "other woman" selling out their stories. Seriously, we have to do better ladies! Is this the way the only way that one gets fame and/or fortune? I guess making a quick 30K isn't a bad thing anymore?

And by no means am I excusing Jonas. He was in a committed relationship so he certainly should have not cheated but goodness...what happened to the good old days when the other woman/man kept silent?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Of course this Tora could have not commented, but Se og Hör knew the whole story and was going to publish it anyway, with Tora or not.

During Saturday evening, a large number of Scandinavian newspapers got a press release from what is disclosed in the statement to be from "Tora and her family".
The press release tells that Tora was given 12 500 NOK (about 1600 euros) to tell her story in April 2009 when it was about to go public, just days after the alleged infidelity affair. The press release, which is said to come from Tora's family, says that Tora, or her family, says that they have not been given money this time.
Uppstrøm Berg: - Jeg fikk 12.500 kr. for å stå frem - VG Nett om Sverige
Tora ska ha fått 12 500 för att berätta - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

So Se og Hor has known the story from April 2009. I think that because of the serious illness of Daniel Westling they didn´t publish it, and maybe they thought that after Victoria´s and Daniel´s engagement there would come another engagement and the story would have been more selling then. They have just waited for the news of problems between Madeleine and Jonas and now they published the story.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
This may sound cynical, but I have to wonder if the story about Jonas having a fling with the Norwegian woman (whether or not it's true) may have been played up as part of the royal house's strategy for announcing this break up.

It certainly offers a convenient way to make Jonas the bad guy and Madeleine the victim, which helps maintain her image and builds public sentiment for her.

Just seems a little strange to me that the media found the woman he supposedly cheated with -- more than a year ago -- the same week the queen made her comment about the wedding being postponed until next year. (It's especially odd if it's true that the tabloids had this story months ago.) And all of this happened the week Madeleine is leaving the country.

The whole thing seems a little too convenient to have happened by chance.

I have to agree, even if people are posting comments about the inadequecy of the SRF PR team, it does seem too convenient.

I obviously have sympathy for Madeleine, it must be a horrible time for her, and wish her luck. But I've always suspected that Jonas was a little too fond of the limelight and was attracted by all trappings of the SRF.

Good riddance, she'll find someone better for sure - fingers crossed Prince William will give waity Katie the boot and marry Princess Madeleine!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Now if we just get over to England to make a visit, I know a red haired Prince who likes blondes!

Old 04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Was surprising news to me. TRF also learned for the first time. Let's see what happens over time may differ.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Now if we just get over to England to make a visit, I know a red haired Prince who likes blondes!
Ah! No! Hands off Chelsy!

Old 04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Ah! No! Hands off Chelsy!
HA! That is a topic for another thread, but you know I have never been that keen on Chelsy. Nice girl just not right for Harry IMO.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Wow. Although it was quite obvious I'm shocked. I have never thought that this could really happen. Hopefully it's better for both of them. Since Madeleine is in New York now she will have a bit peace and privacy.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Not to sure about that peace and privacy. I am sure the European press will send someone to follow her. I can see the headlines now...Madeline at peace (with a picture of Madeline a solitary figure walking in Central Park, etc.)

Plus she might get a little coverage from the NY press...Swedish Princess comes to the Big Apple to find new love, or something ridiculous like that.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Plus she might get a little coverage from the NY press...Swedish Princess comes to the Big Apple to find new love, or something ridiculous like that.
Yeah, the local papers will be keeping a close eye on her. When Madeleine first came to NYC, she was followed around by local paps, and when she got that creepy package last year, that was news in the papers. So, definitely Madeleine would be making headlines, even if she really doesn't do anything.

I also want to add that if Jonas really did cheat on Madeleine, then he is a real idiot. Not only because that was his future wife, but because so many men would've liked to be in his shoes! There have polls in Sweden on which famous woman would you like to have as a Valentine, and for men Princess Madeleine was high on the list. Jonas may be sophisticated and educated, but that doesn't equal common sense.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Poor Madeleine. But it's best she knows now than later imo..At least this has taken some of the press interest off her brother and his new girlfriend.But at what cost!!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Well if it´s tru what the press has been writing about Jonas then i think it´s the best choise Princess Madelein ever have made in her intier life..

Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
Well if it´s tru what the press has been writing about Jonas then i think it´s the best choise Princess Madelein ever have made in her intier life..
And that less than a year after her most stupid choice in life.
The court had now erased Mr. Bergström out of Madeleine´s biography on royalcourt.se
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yeah, the local papers will be keeping a close eye on her. When Madeleine first came to NYC, she was followed around by local paps, and when she got that creepy package last year, that was news in the papers. So, definitely Madeleine would be making headlines, even if she really doesn't do anything.
ITA, Madeleine's definitely going to get some attention over this in the US -- our news outlets are already reporting that the engagement has been broken. (Plus, America does love a pretty, blond princess.) Our paparazzi have gotten increasingly intrusive, and I don't think she'll be left alone, unfortunately.

I feel bad for all of them. But as many have said, I am incredibly glad that they called off the relationship before the wedding rather than after.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just heard the news! OMG...I knew it though. I'm glad Madeleine made this decision before she got married to him. I feel sorry for her, but the good thing is time heals all wounds.

Coming to America is a good decision. The paparazzi is bad over here, but the Swedish Royal family is relatively unknown. So she could practically go anywhere (especially Seattle) without being spotted, unless someone who follows the royal family or paparazzi sees her:) However, if she goes to New York she will most likely be photographed.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad she made this decision BEFORE the wedding, rather than after it. Divorce is harder than breaking off an engagement. I was looking forward to another Swedish royal wedding, but I want it to be a happy bride and a happy groom, not two people getting married because they're afraid of a media backlash otherwise.

If he cheated on her, he should be castrated. What a fool.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
Well, I don't share that 'Barbara Cartland' view of monarchy. When it comes to royal marriages, my view is that love isn't all you need.
We're not just talking about an union between two people but a lifelong commitment to public service and being an ambassador to an entire nation. It takes a bit more than being a nice guy, which is why I have still my reservations on Daniel.
As for Jonas, he looked 'good' on paper (good presentation, clever, worldly) but apparently didn't have enough impulse control and the moral fiber necessary to be a good husband. Daniel seems the exact opposite (good husband material, poor presentation, lack of education, always looks out of place).

Your assessment of Daniel seems right to me, but it's easier to help someone become more at ease with a public life, in terms of how they interact with people and work with others, than it is to make them a good husband. Daniel's often-times uneasiness can be worked on and I'm sure Victoria would be more than happy to help him with that.

I'm not Swedish but I'd still rather see Victoria with a good and decent man who may not be the smartest person in the world or the most eloquent, than see her with someone who can charm the parka off an eskimo but can't keep his pants zipped.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I'm glad she made this decision BEFORE the wedding, rather than after it. Divorce is harder than breaking off an engagement. I was looking forward to another Swedish royal wedding, but I want it to be a happy bride and a happy groom, not two people getting married because they're afraid of a media backlash otherwise.

If he cheated on her, he should be castrated. What a fool.
Sister Morphine you just said what was my first thougth after i head the news to day and i love the idea of castrating him an all of the men in the world who have been cheating on their girlfriend/wifes..My ex boyfriend did the same fatal mistake..he cheatede on me with a 17 years old girl after 7 years togethernes

Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
HA! That is a topic for another thread, but you know I have never been that keen on Chelsy. Nice girl just not right for Harry IMO.

Incidentally enough, if Harry were to marry Madeleine, it would be the first time a princess from another royal house married into the BRF since the late Duchess of Kent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
Sister Morphine you just said what was my first thougth after i head the news to day and i love the idea of castrating him an all of the men in the world who have been cheating on their girlfriend/wifes..My ex boyfriend did the same fatal mistake..he cheatede on me with a 17 years old girl after 7 years togethernes

I'm sorry to hear that, that must have been horrible. I too have been cheated on, which is why if these rumors are true, he's a despicable person. Princess or not, if you're not happy with the other person, you just end it. You say "I'm sorry, I just can't be with you anymore" and you leave. You don't cheat. That's 10x worse than if he'd just walked away from her. It's cowardly and juvenile and completely immature. To think we'd all been snookered by this person. She could have been the most high-maintenance, difficult, bitchy, bossy, fussy and impossible person on the planet -- you don't cheat.

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine