The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by junieb View Post
Very sorry to burst your bubble ,
but Jonas Bergstrom has just be found to have had an affair with a Norwegian girl when in Austria last year with his friends.... The girl came to the press like the Tiger Saga. This is in all the Scandinavian papers. They are now going for counselling in an affort to save the relationship..One can't help to wonder other women will come forward.

Whose bubble are you bursting, exactly?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Gentry

If he cheats once he may cheat again :(

Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

[QUOTE=PetraHel;1072133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I believe the palace confirmed their together so the media will get off their back. I almost fully believe now that Jonas cheated on Madeleine. Nina Eldh did say something like they need to work through this like a family. If nothing happened, then why do they have to work through it?!

The Norwegian girl, whose said to have an affair with Jonas, said she was happy when Queen Silvia said the wedding was postponed. She also said she's sad for Madeleine because she has a fiance who cheats on her. Wow. If Jonas did this, then either he has a problem with unfaithfulness or he never really loved Madeleine. The sad thing is when you are a royal, celebrity or even rich, you never know who loves you for you.

I feel sorry for Madeleine. [/QUOTE

If the Norwegian girl had been so sad for Madeleine, she wouldn´t have had a fling with her fiancee. I have to laugh always when I see the lovers in newspapers expressing their regrets... They just want to get into spotlight. It is very dangerous for famous men, because there are always women around them eager to make themselves visible through the men and don´t hesitate to sell their stories to tabloid.
I agree these women are running to the media for the money and of course, the media, as it's duty, is eager to pay these people for the sensational story. These "lovers" expressing their regrets and sadness is nothing but hypocrisy.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Courtier

but..a rumor is a mouth to mouth communication that is considered as authentic (By this I mean, real)
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Aristocracy

But there are rumours and rumours. In the king´s case no names of women very brought in.
Apart from Anna Lindmarker maybe, but this was based on a misunderstanding.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
If she knew he had cheated and still wanted to stay (as much as I have to personally disagree) then fine, but they shouldn't have became in engaged until after her sister got married. They totally jumped the gun on this, they had to have know it would come out. It would have been better for all parties if this had actually came out before the engagement while they were just still dating it would have been a less serious thing.
Regardless of any allegations I don't understand why they had to announce their engagement so quickly after Victoria did. Couldn't she have allowed her sister to enjoy the limelight of her special day especially considering she's the Crown Princess.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by junieb View Post
Very sorry to burst your bubble ,
but Jonas Bergstrom has just be found to have had an affair with a Norwegian girl when in Austria last year with his friends.... The girl came to the press like the Tiger Saga. This is in all the Scandinavian papers. They are now going for counselling in an affort to save the relationship..One can't help to wonder other women will come forward.
ugh, you can't really compare the two situations with each other, the only thing they have income are the women cheated on were both Swedish and blond. Theres a different from cheating and cheating with multiply women prostitutes (while married with kids), then claiming your a addicted to sex.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry. I don't get your point at all. There is no difference, an affaire is an affaire! There are no degrees, and no "get out of jail free" card.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . . then by George, I do believe it is indeed, a Duck! And, it is now "Open Season".

To be unfaithful is a choice. No one holds a gun to your head and tells you that you must cheat on your significant other. Your decisions are your own as are the consequences.

If, and for me the jury is still out, Jonas cheated I hope Madeleine ends the engagement with style and grace.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever if the rumors of his infidelity are true. Carl Gustaf may be a King, but he also a father and fathers can be VERY protective of their daughters, royal or otherwise. My dad once threatened to lose a boyfriend of mine in the forest if he so much as made me shed one tear that wasn't in joy.....and he meant it. My dad doesn't mess around when it comes to me and my sister and I suspect that he is no different when it comes to Victoria and Madeleine. He wants them to be as happy as he is with their mother and naturally if Jonas stepped out on her and embarrassed her in such a degrading way, he has every right to be infuriated.

Well, that´s absolutely correct: He´s an angry father.... but the difference here is: he is also the king! And (if it´s true), not only his beloved daugther has been cheated, but also the beloved princess of a country.... as a consequence: now the entire country is angry.

I do not want to be him at the moment.....

On the other hand: was he really so silly to believe, that this won´t be made public one day????
BYe Bine
Old 04-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Regardless of any allegations I don't understand why they had to announce their engagement so quickly after Victoria did. Couldn't she have allowed her sister to enjoy the limelight of her special day especially considering she's the Crown Princess.
Completely agree. Some said, that they went engaged to save their relationship. A silly reason, if it is true.... but some truth may be included, as they HAD TO WAIT until the big sister announcing her engagement before. If this would not have been the case, they may have engaged years ago already....
BYe Bine
Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Sorry. I don't get your point at all. There is no difference, an affaire is an affaire! There are no degrees, and no "get out of jail free" card.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . . then by George, I do believe it is indeed, a Duck! And, it is now "Open Season".

To be unfaithful is a choice. No one holds a gun to your head and tells you that you must cheat on your significant other. Your decisions are your own as are the consequences.

If, and for me the jury is still out, Jonas cheated I hope Madeleine ends the engagement with style and grace.

Haha, ich LIKED the example with the duck ....

Nevertheless I am curious what will happen to the couple in the future: 10 years a couple, sperated once already, cheated (if it is true), couple therapy even before the wedding.... what else will come? Could this be a good foundation for a marriage that shall last for the rest of their lives???
If you ask me -- eeeerm
BYe Bine
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Haha, ich LIKED the example with the duck ....

Nevertheless I am curious what will happen to the couple in the future: 10 years a couple, sperated once already, cheated (if it is true), couple therapy even before the wedding.... what else will come? Could this be a good foundation for a marriage that shall last for the rest of their lives???
If you ask me -- eeeerm
BYe Bine
Yes...even though there is almost no chance of them getting married now, I think that their marriage would almost certainly end in divorce, which I'm sure the SRF would not like one bit.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The swedish papers have different kind of stories:
Aftonbladet writes that the King and the Queen trust Jonas, they refuse to believe that he has cheated Madeleine. A close friend of the royal family says that Jonas and Madeleine have it very difficult to talk to another. Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court, says: "This is a family that talks and is humble and understanding". The King and the Queen have believed that this Tora doesn´t speak the truth. But Madeleine knows that it is true and is telling more and more to her parents.
Kungen vägrar tro på Tora Uppstrøm Berg – tar parti för Jonas Bergström | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Expressen (Johan T Lindwall) writes that Jonas is cracked by the king's criticism. According to people around him feels terribly ill and won´t even go out besides to his working place. Jonas hasn´t publicly denied Tora´s story. Nor the court have given comments about the allegations.
Jonas Bergström är knäckt av kungens kritik - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expresse
Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Courtier

If the magazine published that article I think that they had proves as if not they could be sued; I doubt that they acted so foolishly on this matter; so I really think that the thing with that Tora is true.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Nobility

I've caught myself quacking like a duck often. Still I find reasons to forgive myself of wanting to fit the shoe. In Jonas' case I have to ask myself if he has seemed an unfaithful and or a worshiping person. He always appears regal from all I can tell by looking at him constantly through here in this forum. And I can't say I've ever been disappointed by his candor. He seems always fit for the Royal role given Madeleine is truly wanting of his companionship. I have no doubt that there has been mutual bond and obvious love since their romance has gone on for years, so it surprises me that they may call it quits. Who knows though. I personally wouldn't get too jealous if my partner were to be open minded to find someone else instead of me if her heart felt so. I'm liberal that way, but I imagine sometimes many people are not for various reasons. Whatever may happen I hope that this loving couple marry for the right reasons. Therefore I hope it is for bond and everlasting love.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish "Nyheter24" is looking for a secret film, where Jonas is seen with someone else than Madeleine. They know that many medias have declined to buy the film because they didn´t want to offend the court.
Vi jagar filmen på Jonas Bergström | Inrikes | Nyheter | Nyheter24

Resume has interviewed the editor of Nyheter24, Aaron Israelsson. He didn´t want to say more about the film than what was at their internet page. He doesn´t know how much he could pay for the film, before he has seen what´s in it. He hasn´t any ethical concerns about this buying offer, because the news value and public interest are so big.
Resumé: Redaktör jagar hemlig film på Jonas Bergström
Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Courtier

IMO after this scandal I doubt that there is going to be a wedding, and if the story about the film is true
Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Don't people have anything better to do that go after others?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda85 View Post
Don't people have anything better to do that go after others?
Not when they get paid to do it.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Open seasons yes! No one gets a get out of jail free card for this. I was in no way defending him, but lets be honesty, there are different levels of evil. What he did isn't on the same level, it's like comparing a regular duck to a giant mutant godzilla-duck. If they got engaged to save the relationship not only is that beyond ridicules move to make, but it obviously didn't work! There is a lot of sympathy Madeleine, and while I do feel bad for her, but I just can't wondering what was she think? How on earth could she think being engaged to him would make it in anyway better?

Tags
engagement, princess madeleine