The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Nobility

Carl Philip, along with CP and Sofia's children (if they have any), won't see the throne either. The Riksdag in 1979 changed the succession law, changing CP from heir apparent to prince of the realm. If Victoria and Daniel have another child or more, CP is pushed further away from the throne, and so will his children with Sofia.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Carl Philip, along with CP and Sofia's children (if they have any), won't see the throne either. The Riksdag in 1979 changed the succession law, changing CP from heir apparent to prince of the realm. If Victoria and Daniel have another child or more, CP is pushed further away from the throne, and so will his children with Sofia.
Don't worry Madame Verseau, Monarchy all over Europe will be finished in a few decades (20/25 years)

Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Yet we can take the safe guess that CP's & Sofia's children will be HRH's same as Madde's kids.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Every year that passes makes it more unlikely (due to age) that Victoria will have another child. CP and Sofia's children (assuming they have any) would be next in line before Maddie's.

Which is why I say, does it really matter if Maddie's children are brought up outside Sweden. It's unlikely that CP's or Maddie's child will even be needed for succession, barring some sort of tragedy.

LaRae
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Who has said that matters? I think Madeleine and Chris did the right thing! I think Madde must have realized that she isn't "needed" much so the couple decided to try and live a normal life...

I am sorry to see them getting further and further from the swedish royal family, but it will be unevitable sooner or later...
Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Every year that passes makes it more unlikely (due to age) that Victoria will have another child. CP and Sofia's children (assuming they have any) would be next in line before Maddie's.

Which is why I say, does it really matter if Maddie's children are brought up outside Sweden. It's unlikely that CP's or Maddie's child will even be needed for succession, barring some sort of tragedy.

LaRae
You are absolutely right, but the other question related to that is, why do Madde's kids have the HRH title when they grow up abroad only showing up for family events in Sweden, unimportant to the succession.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Don't worry Madame Verseau, Monarchy all over Europe will be finished in a few decades (20/25 years)

I think your right but think it will be more like 40-50 years I also have a feeling Sweden and Denmark will outlast all the others including England. I know that sounds crazy but it's a feeling I have that England will change dramatically. I won't be around to see it so won't be able to post "see I told you "

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
You are absolutely right, but the other question related to that is, why do Madde's kids have the HRH title when they grow up abroad only showing up for family events in Sweden, unimportant to the succession.

Probably because until any eventual children of CP & Sofia are born they are important as spares. My guess is that King CG is mainly driven by an ambition to avoid the situation he himself was raised in with only two people in the succession, an old man and a schoolboy, with all the repercussions it had on the private lives of the whole royal family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

absolutely agree with your summation.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Probably because until any eventual children of CP & Sofia are born they are important as spares. My guess is that King CG is mainly driven by an ambition to avoid the situation he himself was raised in with only two people in the succession, an old man and a schoolboy, with all the repercussions it had on the private lives of the whole royal family.

I agree with you - but then I find it wrong to bring those children up abroad as 'normal' kids with little reference to Sweden.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Didn't the younger siblings of wa of netherlands live abroad but still have hr h?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

But they could also be in the line of sucession without a title. Like the children of Princess Märtha Louise for example. And if there should be a need they still could be givten the title and HRH at a later time.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Didn't the younger siblings of wa of netherlands live abroad but still have hr h?
Yes his brother live/lived abroad. They also remained HRH and Prince but the children of Constantijn (who keept is succession rights when he marrede) are not Prince/Princess but Count/countess of Orange-Nassau.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Nobility

I suppose that the pros and cons were weighed and ultimately the decision was made to give Madeleine and Chris' children full royal status: HRH, Princess/Prince of Sweden, Duchess/Duke of ____ and a place in the line of succession. I question the decision given that it was made known that Breadwinner can't make bread in Sweden, but I get it from the standpoint that it is easier to give the children royal status and then relinquish/remove it than to try and add the status later on. Nevertheless Madeleine and her children should expect grumbling every now and again if they are Princess/Prince of Sweden living outside the country.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Are titles in Sweden part of the royal prerogative like in the United Kingdom or does parliament decide the matter. Maybe Chris and Maddie had no choice.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Yes they do (like Madeleine as Victoria's younger sister) but their children don't.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, i didn't realize children could be in the succession without an hrh
Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Who has said that matters? I think Madeleine and Chris did the right thing! I think Madde must have realized that she isn't "needed" much so the couple decided to try and live a normal life...

I am sorry to see them getting further and further from the swedish royal family, but it will be unevitable sooner or later...
There have been comments made here about it mattering, you'll have to read previous pages.

LaRae
Old 08-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Are titles in Sweden part of the royal prerogative like in the United Kingdom or does parliament decide the matter. Maybe Chris and Maddie had no choice.
The King can decide about who becames HRH Prince/Princess of Sweden and about the royal Dukedom's. But he can not create new Titles like the british monarch.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree with you - but then I find it wrong to bring those children up abroad as 'normal' kids with little reference to Sweden.
I don't know if that's because the King, as a grandparent, wanted all the grandkids to be equal or what the reason was. I have to think the King knew with Maddie marrying a foreigner with business ties elsewhere their children might be brought up elsewhere.

LaRae

Tags
chris o'neill, london, princess leonore, princess madeleine