The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Courtier

The UK tabloids are so obnoxious with zero scruples. If they do move to London I can only imagine what crazy articles will spring forth. "Princess Madeleine and Prince Harry enjoy secret flirtation, could the Swede's marriage be in trouble?!" "Watch out Carole, Eva Maria is plotting a union between George and Leonore!"

Old 05-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Majesty

There is one thing about London that may be a disadvantage - for Madeleine.
If Madeleine wish to be a more active member of the SRF she can attend more easily by flying in from London. - But then she and Chris will get heat from the press asking why Chris isn't around.
If Madeleine only attend the odd SRF event, she'll get heat in the press saying she's lazy because London is only a couple of hours flight away.
- And as others pointed out London may not be the safest place if you want to avoid the press and photographers - and as long as the Swedish press is willing to buy...

So sounding pretty pessimistic, perhaps it would have been better if they stayed in New York. Because as long as Madeleine and Chris' roles are not clearly defined they and especially Madeleine will get heat.

The only thing that will endear M&C to the Swedish press, and here I'm being pessimistic again (!), is if Sofia in particular become unpopular. And who would wish for that?

Old 05-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The UK tabloids are so obnoxious with zero scruples. If they do move to London I can only imagine what crazy articles will spring forth. "Princess Madeleine and Prince Harry enjoy secret flirtation, could the Swede's marriage be in trouble?!" "Watch out Carole, Eva Maria is plotting a union between George and Leonore!"
Hhaha, I had this thought as well!!
Old 05-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Hhaha, I had this thought as well!!
It would be a nuisance for them.

"Desperate to lose the baby weight, Kate and Madeleine call each other for postnatal fitness tips!!! Will they ever get their bodies back?"

"Pippa sends green juice smoothies to Chris' office, will Madeleine lose her man?"

I give them 9 months in London before they flee to Switzerland. Even the young British royals (William,Harry,Beatrice,Eugenie,Peter,Zara) have all left London. No one wants to put up with the UK media.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Would the British press really care so much about Chris and Madeleine as they do about the British royals? And would Chris and Madeleine care what they print?
Old 05-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Nobility

No, I don't think the British press would really care. There'd be the occasional recycled article half way down the Daily Mail's mammoth 'sidebar of shame', as there is for other European royal ladies, but on the whole I'm pretty sure they'd be left alone.

The odd photographer might take pictures to sell to Swedish publications but I don't see it being any worse than it was in New York.

The vast majority of Brits don't know other countries have royal families let alone what their members look like.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

I doubt the british press would care much about Madeleine and Chris. Lots of foreign royals have lived or live in London and few if any of them get reported on except for times of high drama or scandal. I mean how often does the Daily Mail or the SUn report on The former King & Queen of Greece, Crown Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantal, Princess Mabel of The Netherlands, Princess Martha Louise of Norway (although she has moved back to Norway now) not to mention the large number of middle eastern royals?
TBH if its not William or Kate (or maybe Harry or another dig at Beatrice) they don't really care.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think folks are making a lot of assumptions about how seriously Chris takes his Catholicism. A lot of Catholics don't much care about the more arcane aspects of Catholic law and wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
I suspect he is at least somewhat serious about Catholicism since they met with the Pope.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I suspect he is at least somewhat serious about Catholicism since they met with the Pope.

Right but so did Madeleine and Silvia who are Protestant. Chris wasn't the focus of the visit nor is it likely that he instigated or arranged it.

Like I said, a lot of Catholics don't lose sleep over having stuff like a dispensation to marry a non-Catholic. My only point was that I think reading into that as a big decision he made is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
No, I don't think the British press would really care. There'd be the occasional recycled article half way down the Daily Mail's mammoth 'sidebar of shame', as there is for other European royal ladies, but on the whole I'm pretty sure they'd be left alone.

The odd photographer might take pictures to sell to Swedish publications but I don't see it being any worse than it was in New York.

The vast majority of Brits don't know other countries have royal families let alone what their members look like.
I wish I could agree but I see the potential for a maelstrom.

Pippa Middleton gets 300-400 paparazzi photos a day taken of her. I imagine that Chris and Madeleine could get at least 100, especially with two cute babies in the mix. The media will know where they live and they won't have to worry about pissing off Buckingham Palace. It could be no holds barred. The media will trumpet that they give George and Charlotte reasonable privacy all the while stalking Leonore and selling her pics to Hello!, Bunte, ¡HOLA! and Grazia.

Unfortunately, Madeleine is one of Europe's most beautiful princesses(beauty sells) and she married a British man. Just like the Aussies take an interest in Fred and Mary. I think the UK tabloids will try to spin a soap opera narrative to get the British public interested in Madeleine and Chris. If the tabs are successful the couple could become fodder for The Daily Mail and overtake poor Pippa and Cressida.

I do hope you're right, though. I don't want them chased out of London.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:58 AM
Majesty

press pressure in london must be quite high indeed. if they were already chased in NY, where interest in swedish royals is tiny in comparison to europe, then we can only imagine how it will be in london.
i guess for british royals, like W+K, at least they can take refuge in a big palace like buckingham or a house like anmer hall, and have the protection of the relevant authorities, but i am unsure how it will work for M+C. i guess the british authorities may provide some sort of security, given that madeleine has a diplomatic passport (unsure about chris?), but it won't be the same as having a whole team of professional people caring for your privacy and working to achieve it.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post

That is correct. But given there are lots of paps around, its easier and less expensive for the swedish tabloids to send their people there or hire paps who earn a living there to take pictures. I don't think it will be worse than in NY but the couple can expect when they hit the streets with or without children that their picture will be taken. Lots of celebrities live around who get pictured every day.

The Brits don't know who Princess Madeleine is and are not interested in her. There will be no stories relating her to the BRF in any way.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wish I could agree but I see the potential for a maelstrom.

Pippa Middleton gets 300-400 paparazzi photos a day taken of her. [...]
How do you know and -more importantly- how did you count?

Old 05-30-2015, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prinzessin Madeleine_ So reagiert Schweden auf ihren England-Umzug - Royals - Bild.de
Translation
Old 05-30-2015, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts about the US political system have been removed.

Posts where hopes for a divorce were expressed, have been removed.

-> Let's move on and let's try to limit the amount of speculation/ wishful thinking on marriage troubles.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Gentry

The kind of work Chris does he need to be based in cities like London and New York I think he told Madeline that sure we will move back to Sweden but then found out he would be spending to much time in airport I also don't think Chris wants to live in the Royal family fish bowl
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
How do you know and -more importantly- how did you count?

It came out during a press inquiry. The editors admitted they get around 400 photos of Pippa a day, sent to them by various paparazzi. Here's one of the links to the story.

Paparazzi snap Pippa Middleton up to 400 times a day | Reuters
Old 05-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It came out during a press inquiry. The editors admitted they get around 400 photos of Pippa a day, sent to them by various paparazzi. Here's one of the links to the story.

Paparazzi snap Pippa Middleton up to 400 times a day | Reuters
That is so depressing
Old 05-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Gosh I wish they'd make up their minds where they're going to live! Do they have any idea how much grief they are causing us here with their indecision and moving around the world at the drop of a hat?
And, everybody knows that London and Stockholm are so, so, so, very far away from each other. I mean, it probably takes at least five days to fly between countries. Plus, there is zero communication services between these two third-world countries so no one in Sweden will know what the couple are doing from day to day in their private lives. This is just too much. What are you doing to us Maddie and Chris?
Old 05-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

I'm an American and I enjoy reading about royals, mostly British but, really all royals and it's fun for me. But I'm confused about why the Swedish press are so negative about Chris and Maddie. Yes, she's a princess but she's the third child of the King and her sister and brother (and any children they have/might have) are ahead of her in the line of succession. Why can't she just renounce her place in line and live as Mrs. O'Neill in Britain with her husband and children? What "perks" can there be that would make her want to continue as a "princess"? She'll still be rich; she'll still be a member of the royal family. Why go through all this stress? I don't get it but maybe it's because I haven't been a "princess" since age 6 when I was the only girl with five older brothers.

Whatever, I'm just wondering because it all seems just too much, too stressful, too awful, too unimportant in the scheme in things to continue like this. Life is too short and keeping a family together is far more important.

Tags
chris o'neill, london, princess leonore, princess madeleine