Princess Madeleine & Family Moving to Florida: August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well they have the money to find somewhere just as good.

Princess Madeleine stays in the United States indefinitely
Madeleine has no plans to move home to Sweden. At least not for a long time. The court reports that the princess couple has given up the children's places in preschools in Stockholm.
Last year, Madeleine and Chris took the kids with them and moved to the United States. In Miami, Florida, the Princess family has created a life that works well with Chris's work and children's activities.
But just like other expatriate Swedes, the princess of course feels homesickness at times. And it is above all the proximity to the family and friends that she lacks, Madeleine has told in several interviews. For life in Florida, there is no temporary housing situation for Madeleine and Chris. No, they plan to stay in the United States indefinitely.
Svensk Damtidning has asked the court what Madeleine has chosen to do with Leonore and Nicolas's preschool places in Stockholm. When the family lived in London, in 2017, the children had pre-school places - even in Sweden. Leonore stood in a queue, got a place and was also schooled at a preschool near the apartment at the Royal Mews.
- The family lives in London but since they regularly stay in Sweden it is good that Princess Leonore has this experience. Then it is also about that Madeleine wants the children having a strong connection to Sweden and the Swedish language, said Margareta Thorgren then.
But now the situation is different.
Madeleine's children no longer have their preschool places in Stockholm, Margareta Thorgren has told to Svensk Damtidning. And that indicates that the move to the US is more permanent than the move to London ever was. The Princess couple has created an everyday life in Florida - indefinitely.
In the future, Leonore, Nicolas and Adrienne will also be considered private individuals. They are no longer Royal Highnesses and will therefore have no obligations to perform assignments in the King's service. They will also be freer when it comes to choosing what they want to educate and work on.
Prinsessan Madeleine stannar i USA _ Svensk Dam

That doesn’t come as a surprise to me. The Court ‘s understanding is that Madeleine’s children, not being princes /princesses of Sweden anymore, are now released from the obligation under the Act of Succession to be raised in Sweden. In other words, they are free to stay in America and still retain their place in line of succession, which is very convenient for Madeleine.

Svensk Damtidning writes that Madeleine and family are moving

Last year, the house they live was out for sale. The starting price, for the 700 square meters, was then SEK 29 million and through the advertisement you could read about both tennis court and wine cellar.
The ad is still out but now the broker has changed the word “buy” to “rent”. The house has not been sold and now you are looking for some new tenants instead which means that Madeleine and Chris are moving. Svensk Damtidning has also talked to people near Madeleine who say that is the case.
When we turn to the court it answers like this:
Are Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill moving?
- It belongs to their private lives. What I can say is that they continue to live in Florida, says Margareta Thorgren, director of the press department.
The house is vacant as of February 7, according to the real estate ad, so in a little more than two weeks Madeleine and Chris should have packed their things.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill flyttar _ Svensk Dam

Is any link for the house to look inside ? Iam sure they will move to anotherhousein Florida!

- Madeleine and Chris are now looking for a new home. I think maybe they are looking for a slightly cheaper accommodation. The new rent in their current home is almost SEK 190,000 a month! says Expressen's royal chronicler Karin Lennmor.
The house has previously been for sale, but has had a hard time attracting any buyers.
- Their house has previously been on sale since last summer, for over SEK 30 million, but the owner apparently did not get any interested buyer, and Chris and Madeleine were not keen either. But there are many nice houses to rent in Florida so I think the family will invest in renting again.
The court does not want to comment on Princess Madeleine's and Chris O'Neill's living situation.
- When it comes to their accommodation, it is private information and nothing that we comment on. But I can confirm that the couple still lives in Florida, says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.
And there will not be a move to Sweden.
- The couple intends to continue living in Florida.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill flyttar från huset i Florida

I wonder whether the owner figured that he might be able to attract people to the house based on a princess having lived in his/her house...

I wonder whether the owner figured that he might be able to attract people to the house based on a princess having lived in his/her house...

I don't think many people in Florida know who Princess Madeleine is, or even that Sweden is a monarchy.

Americans generally only know Harry and Meghan, Will and Kate, Charles and Camilla, and "the Queen" as far as royalty is concerned, and I am already being too generous here (many people might not know any royalty at all !).

I think the value of the property would go up if a celebrity had lived there (as that is what most Americans care about). I don't think a non-celebrity princess will add much value frankly.

Last edited:
I have lost count of how many times this couple seem to have moved since their wedding. :ermm::sad:

Well, at least Madeleine has a lot of money for these houses! Moving regularly must be quite disruptive for the children.

[...]
And there will not be a move to Sweden.
- The couple intends to continue living in Florida.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill flyttar från huset i Florida

Adding to my comment in message #241, it is notable that whereas the court has repeatedly stressed that the couple has no plans to return to Sweden, it has chosen against issuing an announcement that they have opted to remain abroad permanently, even though such an announcement would put an end to all the questioning. One wonders if Princess Madeleine still hopes to return to Sweden in the far future.

Svensk Damtidning writes that Madeleine and family are moving

Last year, the house they live was out for sale. The starting price, for the 700 square meters, was then SEK 29 million and through the advertisement you could read about both tennis court and wine cellar.
The ad is still out but now the broker has changed the word “buy” to “rent”. The house has not been sold and now you are looking for some new tenants instead which means that Madeleine and Chris are moving. Svensk Damtidning has also talked to people near Madeleine who say that is the case.
When we turn to the court it answers like this:
Are Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill moving?
- It belongs to their private lives. What I can say is that they continue to live in Florida, says Margareta Thorgren, director of the press department.
The house is vacant as of February 7, according to the real estate ad, so in a little more than two weeks Madeleine and Chris should have packed their things.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill flyttar _ Svensk Dam

Yes I shared this information earlier this month on my Twitter. Additionally I can add they are staying in the Miami area and have contracted a Miami based Real Estate Agent and Interior Designer.

Margareta Thorgren confirmed to Svensk Damtidning that Madeleine and family have moved.
- Yes, it is true that they have moved. But they still live in Florida. Now they are establishing themselves in their new home.
Hovet bekräftar prinsessan Madeleines flytt _ Svensk Dam

Now, when Madeleine and family have moved from their house in Pinecrest, Svensk Damtidning publishes some photos of the house. The photos have been at the broker's website ever since the house was put on sale last summer, but the swedish press didn't publish them before the family had moved.
Prinsessan Madeleine – här är huset i Florida _ Svensk Dam

Photos of the house Madeleine and family moved away from a couple of weeks ago.
Unika bilder inifrån prinsessan Madeleines lyxhem
Avslöjande bilder_ Så inreder Madeleine barnens rum - Allt om kungligt

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Madeleines and the family's roll of millions in Florida continue.
Now they have left their luxury villa for a new home.
- They have lived in Florida for a few years and the children have settled there, says Margareta Thorgren, Head of Information Margareta.
The new home is in the same area as the former.
In the summer of 2018, Princess Madeleine and her family packed their bags to move from rainy London to sunny Florida.
Many took for granted that the family would move into Chris O'Neill's summer home in West Palm Beach: A 309 square foot villa with five bedrooms, five bathrooms, design kitchen and heated pool - just steps from an exclusive beach club. But that did not happen.
In August 2018, Expressen was able to report that the house was sold for $ 3.65 million, corresponding to just over SEK 32.5 million.
They moved instead to an upscale rented house in Pinecrest, a lush residential area outside Miami with one of the most expensive postal addresses in the entire country. The median price for a home is around SEK 33.5 million, according to Forbes.
There Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and the three children installed themselves in a nearly 700 square meter villa with seven bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, wine cellar and a 3,400 square meter garden with pool and spa.
The advertised rent was almost SEK 180,000 a month. For the more than 16 months that the princess family lived there, it will be over SEK 2.9 million.
At the turn of the year they moved again.
According to Margareta Thorgren, the family now lives in another house, but in the same place in Florida. However, she does not want to go into more detail about where - or exactly why the family chose to move.
- Their private housing is not what the court comments on. We do not give more details because it is important that they also have a privacy, says Margareta Thorgren.
- They live in Florida, the kids go to schools there and they intend to stay there for a while.
However, the house they have previously rented is for sale - and has been at least since last summer. It costs $ 2.98 million, almost SEK 29 million.
Otherwise, the rent goes for about SEK 192,000 a month.
If in the future there is a move home to Sweden for Princess Madeleine with family, "the future may show", according to Margareta Thorgren.
It is also unclear when we will see Princess Madeleine visiting Sweden again. She is not included in the royal house's calendar - all year long.
- The calendar is updated about once a month and it is only a selection, we do not report everyday what the royal family does. Because the princess lives in Florida and is engaged in Childhood, this is primarily what she works with. Last year, after all, she came out with a children's book, which are also issues that Childhood is working on, says Margareta Thorgren.
According to Thorgren, the lack of assignments has nothing to do with the move.
When will we see her, officially, next time?
- Right now I have no information when the princess comes home to Sweden but they usually come home a number of times a year. Once they get home, they also usually take the opportunity to perform other tasks and assignments that are Swedish-related.
Prinsessan Madeleines miljonrullning – har flyttat igen
Translation

Last edited:
Their spokesperson keeps missing the mark imho. "They have lived in Florida for a few years". No, they didn't. They lived in Florida for only 1 year and a half... And apparently only lived in this house for 16 months. That's ok with me (I move often as well) but don't pretend it's a quick move. And especially because they keep stressing 'providing stability to the children' as one of the reasons that Madeleine at times did not come to Sweden but was with her family, they don't seem to be doing a good job...

The house of Madeleine and her family has been vacant from February 7, and no explanation has been given to Princess Madeleine and Chris' rapid break-up - until now.
A Florida source can now reveal one of the real reasons why the couple so quickly chose to terminate their lease.
- Princess Madeleine and Chris have been burgled and Madeleine does not dare to stay in the house, said an informant.
The court confirms what has happened.
- It was an event that happened last fall. The court doesn't comment on security issues, says Margareta Thorgren.
The burglary took place when the princess couple was away from their home.
- Princess Madeleine didn't feel safe in the house, says the informant to Svensk Damtidning.
Prinsessan Madeleine drabbad av otäckt inbrott! _ Svensk Dam

:previous: I don't blame Madeleine a bit. I would be completely ready to leave as well.

Surprisingly and very disturbing for something like that to happen in an exclusive and gated community. Somehow, word got around locally that a wealthy princess lived there.:sad::ohmy:

Expressen has found out where Madeleine and family moved.

Maddes and Chris's new luxury home - after the burglary
Here is Princess Madeleines and Chris O'Neill's new villa in luxury Pinecrest in Florida, USA.
The family moved a stone's throw from their previous house - after being subjected to burglary in the fall.
The house cost almost SEK 30 million and is around 600 square meters - including six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a pool and a separate children's wing.
In the summer of 2018, the family left a rainy London for sunny Florida. They moved into an upscale apartment block of nearly 700 square feet in Pinecrest, a lush villa area outside Miami. But last fall they were hit by a burglary - and after that, Princess Madeleine did not dare to stay in the house and the family chose to move.
Now Expressen can reveal where the move has gone:
To an exclusive villa also in Pinecrest, about 20 minutes walk from the former.
In the ad, the broker talks about the possibility of a hidden existence. After the break-in, it is obvious that the couple wants to live a private life.
In the area, the luxury villas are in a row along narrow streets, where exclusive cars glitter on the driveways. The princess family's new residence is very securely protected and surrounded by palm trees and a high fence. It is one of the most private houses on the street.
Behind an iron gate on the driveway are two of the family's cars parked. The pool is completely protected from transparency.
The villa has two floors, an area of ​​about 600 square meters and a total of 15 rooms.
The property has high ceilings, a master suite upstairs, a total of six bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, gym, office space, a spacious kitchen, dining room and staff room. There is also a playroom, a "huge" family room and a private wing for the children.
The house - which was built around the turn of the millennium - has a large garden, including a pool area with terrace at the back. The purchase also includes a garage with room for three cars, outdoor lighting and a built-in barbecue.
In the advertisement for the house, the realtor describes the area as calm, leafy and not very busy.
On the streets of the area are several nice homes that look almost like small palaces. But there are also smaller bungalows with nice verandas, often with an American flag waving outside.
Signs in the area testify that residents are being helped to keep track of possible burglars.
A few kilometers away there is a grocery store as well as a larger shopping mall with department stores and fashion shops. The area is also known for its highly ranked schools.
Company behind Princess Madeleine's new house
Documents that Expressen has taken note of reveal that the house was purchased in December last year, for almost SEK 30 million.
Officially there is a special company, a so-called LLC-company (limited liability company) behind the deal. It was formed in November last year, a month before the house purchase.
This is a good way to buy real estate, and usually if you want to remain anonymous and hide from the real owner. When LLC is used, the broker signs a confidentiality agreement, and the lawyer associated with the company has no obligation to state who is behind it.
When Expressen reaches the lawyer registered at the company behind Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's new house, he says:
- I'm not saying anything, everything is strictly confidential.
The broker is also scanty with the information:
- I can't say anything about it, other than what is public.
Maddes och Chris nya lyxhus i Florida – efter inbrottet

Here is Princess Madeleine and Chris's new luxury home
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neils nya lyxhus _ Hänt.se

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has found the police report of the burglary to Madeleine and Chris's house last autumn.
Inbrott hos prinsessan Madeleine –*det blev stulet _ Svensk Dam
Translation

At the police report it is said that it was the family's housekeeper who discovered that the house had been exposed to thieves. She showed up as usual at work early in the morning, but when she opened the front door, she noticed that the burglar alarm didn't sound like it used to. In addition, the door stood out to the back and the pool was open.
Chris desperata telefonsamtal med miljonärsvännen – vädjade om hjälp _ Svensk Dam
Translation

Last edited:
Are Princess Madeleine, Chris, and the children living in Florida now? I believe they were living in south Florida, where the coronavirus infection rates are among the highest in the US.

Are Princess Madeleine, Chris, and the children living in Florida now? I believe they were living in south Florida, where the coronavirus infection rates are among the highest in the US.

They have a house in Pinecrest in Miami-Dade county.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom