Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill expecting their Second Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she hasn't reached her 12 weeks mark yet since it is strange that they didn't release the month due date... With Leonore the announcement said "early March". Summer of 2015, instead, can mean June, July or even August altohough it surely is June or July at best

Since most of the times the royals are around the 12-week-mark when they announce their pregnancies I expect Madeleine is due in the early days of July. I myself am in the 12th week of pregnancy right now and am due at 7h July 2015. So I think we will see a very pregnant Madeleine at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia.

Congratulations to you KitKat!

Congrats to Madeleine and Chris!

Congratulations ♫♫♫
What a great news :rose::fireworks:

Wonderful news ! What a wonderful year 2015 will be for them !

My congratulations and happiest wishes to Madeleine, Chris and Leonore :)

It will be interesting to see
if she makes it to her brothers Wedding. She and Carl Philip is very very close so that she would use a pregnancy as an excuse for not going to his wedding is nonsense. They have a lot more in common together than any of them to the Crown Princess (Victorias own words).

And can we avoid speculation about V and D ? I doubt they are unhappy and have panic now as some people tends to belive. Maybe they have decided to wait, maybe they don't want more children. Maybe they have tried but failed. We don't know that. Getting pregnant isn't easy for everyone. Time will tell us.

Last edited:
What is with these royals popping one child out and turning around ready to do it again.
On the other hand, where is this idea coming from that Victoria is desperate for another baby? Isn't it possible that she and Daniel are content right now? That she wants to give Estelle the time to grow before bringing another baby into the house.

Last edited:
Well talk about lovely surprises when first on the Board. :)

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris, Leonore & both Families!!

Talk about a wonderful extra reason to celebrate during the Holidays. :D :D :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Perhaps they had to formally announce it early because Madeleine has had to cancel engagements, possibly morning sickness. That would explain the lack of specific time or month.

Wow... that was really quick :ohmy: I also have a problem with people implying V&D need to catch up or take the hint...Whether they are trying and having problems or are happy enough with one perfect, very active little girl it's not a competition or making them somehow less for having just one.

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris - so exciting!

What is with these royals popping one child out and turning around ready to do it again.
On the other hand, where is this idea coming from that Victoria is desperate for another baby? Isn't it possible that she and Daniel are content right now? That she wants to give Estelle the time to grow before bringing another baby into the house.

A lot of people (royal and non-royal) have children close in age. I think it might, in part, be due to the fact that a lot of these royal ladies are already in their 30s when they start their families and maybe some of them want to have large families (or the flexibility to have the time to make that choice). I think that might play into some of the assumptions about whether or not Victoria and Daniel want another baby. It's pretty uncommon, it seems, for royal couples (especially those directly in line to the throne) to have only one child. And Victoria's already 37, so I think there's the assumption that she wouldn't wait a long time. That's just my take. I would've guessed that Victoria and Daniel would have had another child by now, but I wouldn't assume that they're desperate or anything - I'm sure they're more than content with little Estelle. :)

Well today it is possible for a woman to have a child into her 40's naturally or with help, though it isn't too common. Maybe this is just one of my rate optimistic moments where I believe Victoria and Daniel arent trying for a second child jujust yet. Do they necessarily need more children? Also are Madeliens children in the line of succession?

It's 2014 not 1214... Royal families don't have an urgent need to have multiple heirs and spares.

Unexpected but lovely news! Now little Lenore will have a friend close enough in age to grow up with!:whistling:

I agree with Xenia C. I have seen a lot of assumptions online that Daniel and Victoria are desperate for a second child. But just maybe they are content just having their little girl?

Last edited:
Well today it is possible for a woman to have a child into her 40's naturally or with help, though it isn't too common. Maybe this is just one of my rate optimistic moments where I believe Victoria and Daniel arent trying for a second child jujust yet. Do they necessarily need more children? Also are Madeliens children in the line of succession?

It's not really uncommon for women to have babies into their early 40s (I know quite a few people who have), but it's not something that one can necessarily depend on. No, Victoria and Daniel don't need more children, and yes, Madeleine's children are in the line of succession. I just think people are accustomed to royals having more than one child, hence the speculation that Victoria and Daniel must want another child. (And it's not just a royal thing, either - I'm an only child, and I often notice that a lot of people expect couples to have more than one child. But I think the fact that they're royal just heightens that kind of attention. Maybe I'm drawing a blank, but I can't think of any other current monarchs or direct heirs who only have one child).

But, anyway, I don't want to go too far off topic, since the thread is about Madeleine's upcoming new addition. Exciting times for everyone in the family, I'm sure. :)

Maybe I'm drawing a blank, but I can't think of any other current monarchs or direct heirs who only have one child.

Poor Masako and Naruhito had their one little princess but we can safely say it was not a matter of choice in their case.

I hope Mad and Chris have healthy easy pregnancy and a cute new Swedish prince is born:flowers:

This was certainly unexpected but such wonderful news!! Congratulations to the family!

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I suspected a pregnancy when I saw her at Nobel. I tried to see if she was served wine during the dinner, but the footage changed just before she was to be served.

I think that Madeleine will be pregnant in summer 2015. But now I am wrong. so, congratulations to Madeleine and Chris.

I have noticed that Victoria and Daniel are a bit unusual amongst their Crown Princely Couple counterparts, because most, if not all, had their first two children two years apart or less (around 18 months apart). Even if Victoria were to announce tomorrow that she was pregnant, there would still be well over three years' difference between Estelle and the new baby.

I think it's unfair that so many people speculate about the family planning of royals. Perhaps Madeleine and Chris want a large family while they are still young, so are having children close in age. Maybe Victoria and Daniel want to wait until Estelle is older to have a second child. From friends with kids, I've heard a child who can walk, talk, feed itself and is pottytrained and a newborn are far more easier to handle than a toddler who is barely out of infanthood and a newborn. Madeleine and Chris will certainly have a handful for a while. Depending how far along Madeleine is, there will probably be only 15-18 months separating Leonore and the new baby. A toddler that young is little more than a baby herself. Maybe Victoria and Daniel are perfectly content with Estelle as an only child; she is obviously a bright, lively little girl who would make any set of parents proud. In the "olden days," when it was likely that children (and adults) could die of any number of simple illnesses or accidents, it was important to have "an heir and a spare" (or several spares). Now in 2014, however, barring some terrible and unforseen tragedy, Estelle will most likely live a long, happy, and productive life and have a family of her own before becoming queen. There may not be a need to have a "spare" for her until she has her own children.

Aside from all this... Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris on this happy announcement! I wish them the best as they welcome a new addition to the family.

Congratulations to Madeleine, Christopher and Leonore :flowers: What a lovely Christmas surprise! I can't say I had foreseen that at all – but I didn't pay too much attention to the royal attendance of the Nobel ceremony this year either.

I can't help but rolling my eyes at the instant mentions of Victoria/Daniel/a possible second child of theirs as well as Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding and how this pregnancy apparently is an extremely well-planned plot from Madeleine's side to avoid attending it (though to be fair, I laughed more than I rolled my eyes at that one) though.

Congratulations to Madeleine Chris Leonore and the grandparents.

I can't help but rolling my eyes at the instant mentions of Victoria/Daniel/a possible second child of theirs as well as Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding and how this pregnancy apparently is an extremely well-planned plot from Madeleine's side to avoid attending it (though to be fair, I laughed more than I rolled my eyes at that one) though.

I am not sure, but I think it was only mentioned once in this thread, a comment for which the poster apologised quickly afterwards?

Speculations on Expressen where Madeleine will give birth. Johanna Lejon from Svensk Damtidning thinks that Madeleine will give birth in Sweden and spend the summer in Sweden. Margareta Thorgren from the press department said that Madeleine and Chris decide where the child will be born. Thorgen didn't want to comment about the citizenship of the child. And where Madeleine and Chris will live, the court will return to that some time after the New Year, said Thorgren. Johanna Lejon says that if they decide move to Sweden, the private life is over.
At the article a photo of the program "The Year with the Royal Family"
Madde och Chris nya småbarnsliv Nyheter Expressen
Translation

I don't think when people are saying about Victoria and Daniel second child that is a matter of "spare" given the fact that Victoria is in direct-line. I think what people are trying to say is that, usually, women would want to have more than one child, so it seems odd to some, that by now (given Victoria's age) that she still has one child.

Of course women nowadays can have babies on their 40s (though I will always believe that no matter what, sooner is better than late, but each has their own issues). I think the age is not a problem for Victoria and Daniel. What I think is, of course they are happy with their little girl, why wouldn't they? But Victoria grew up with siblings, so did I and many members here, and I think she would want to give Estelle a sibling as well. No matter what, a cousin is not the same as a brother or sister, no matter how close they are.

My assumption is either Victoria and Daniel are waiting to give Estelle a bit more time to grow up and focus on her and her first years on school, or they have some issue on Victoria getting pregnant. I really doubt they only want one child, most people want more than two, but the economic issues don't allow that. It is just my assumption, I'm not trying to insult anyone here please. Just my opinion.

Anyways, congratulations for Madeleine and Chris, for me the first pregnancy was a surprise and Madeleine keeps surprising me :D

Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Mr.Chris O'Neil on their good news

I don't think when people are saying about Victoria and Daniel second child that is a matter of "spare" given the fact that Victoria is in direct-line. I think what people are trying to say is that, usually, women would want to have more than one child, so it seems odd to some, that by now (given Victoria's age) that she still has one child.

Of course women nowadays can have babies on their 40s (though I will always believe that no matter what, sooner is better than late, but each has their own issues). I think the age is not a problem for Victoria and Daniel. What I think is, of course they are happy with their little girl, why wouldn't they? But Victoria grew up with siblings, so did I and many members here, and I think she would want to give Estelle a sibling as well. No matter what, a cousin is not the same as a brother or sister, no matter how close they are.

My assumption is either Victoria and Daniel are waiting to give Estelle a bit more time to grow up and focus on her and her first years on school, or they have some issue on Victoria getting pregnant. I really doubt they only want one child, most people want more than two, but the economic issues don't allow that. It is just my assumption, I'm not trying to insult anyone here please. Just my opinion.

Anyways, congratulations for Madeleine and Chris, for me the first pregnancy was a surprise and Madeleine keeps surprising me :D

As for myself, I don't think a sibling for Estelle would be spare. But I am concerned with fertility issues and when a royal couple doesn't announce pregnancy or birth quite a time after a wedding or a first birth, I can't hoping they don't go through the same suffering I am goingh through. It is more a matter of empathy with everyone concerned, royal or not, noble or not.

Whaaat?! That's a big surprise!!
But that's so great! Leonore and baby II will have the same age difference as my sister and I. And my sister is my best friend. It's really nice for Leonore, and even if it will be hard sometimes, seeing both of them growing up together will be amazing and very exiting!! :flowers: :flowers:

Grattis Madeleine och Chris!!! ( & lycka till ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom