The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope that Madeleine, Christopher and Leonore will be able to attend the wedding!

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Nobility

God forbid should Madeleine be unable to attend the wedding she will be vilified by the press and media.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

She is well into her nine month! No other royal women attended important event late in their pregnacy IIRC, and if she won't attend I will be more than understanding... Howver, if nothing occurs with her baby I think she will be there... Maybe she is going to skip the reception but I doubt she'll miss the ceremony...
Old 06-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
She is well into her nine month! No other royal women attended important event late in their pregnacy IIRC, and if she won't attend I will be more than understanding... Howver, if nothing occurs with her baby I think she will be there... Maybe she is going to skip the reception but I doubt she'll miss the ceremony...
Victoria attended at a lunch with the president of Finland on 21st February, Estelle was born in the morning of 23rd February.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria attended at a lunch with the president of Finland on 21st February, Estelle was born in the morning of 23rd February.
Yes, but a royal wedding is completely a different thing, isn't it?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, but a royal wedding is completely a different thing, isn't it?
Yes and I agree with you above- I think there is very little besides her water breaking or her being in the hospital that will keep her from missing her brothers wedding. My Step Mom gave birth to my brother just about a week before her sister got married (he was born early) and she still managed to be at the wedding and was planning on it even if she was pregnant. I think it will be similar for Madeleine.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Majesty

I agree, unless Madeleine is actually in labour she will be at her brother's wedding. She may or may not choose to attend part of the reception. As to the media? Let's hope they are all fixated on the guests ensemble's, and who among them (as well as the bride) could be pregnant! Not that they're all that shallow . . .
Old 06-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Yes and I agree with you above- I think there is very little besides her water breaking or her being in the hospital that will keep her from missing her brothers wedding. My Step Mom gave birth to my brother just about a week before her sister got married (he was born early) and she still managed to be at the wedding and was planning on it even if she was pregnant. I think it will be similar for Madeleine.
I think she will be overwhelmed though: heavily pregnant with heels and tiara, plus a little child who is going to stir up during the mass...
Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Why would you take a toddler to a wedding
Old 06-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Estelle was Leonore's age when Madeleine got married... and she was present at the ceremony, so I don't know but I think M&C will bring their daugter along... I might be wrong though
Old 06-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post

Quote:
Estelle was Leonore's age when Madeleine got married... and she was present at the ceremony, so I don't know but I think M&C will bring their daugter along... I might be wrong though

Young children is not unusual at weddings and other church ceremonies in Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Young children is not unusual at weddings and other church ceremonies in Sweden.

Yes, I ghad given for granted that Leonore will be there but that post made be doubtful
Old 06-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Madde will be there unless she is in labor or is only a few days post-partum, or the doctor has ordered her to lie low for some reason.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I think she will be overwhelmed though: heavily pregnant with heels and tiara, plus a little child who is going to stir up during the mass...
Well, who says she has to wear heels if she doesn't feel like it? If I were her, I'd absolutely choose comfort and ease over fashion. But I'm not a royal princess either, lol.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post

Not at a formal wedding in the us no children
Old 06-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it has more to do with the couple than with the formality of the wedding. Catholics often have big formal weddings with kids in attendance.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Well, who says she has to wear heels if she doesn't feel like it? If I were her, I'd absolutely choose comfort and ease over fashion. But I'm not a royal princess either, lol.
I completely agree with you... and the gown will be long so nobody can notice if she has ballerinas on.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Courtier

It is possible that the baby could be born on Madeleine's birthday.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be the day after tomorrow.
But isn't she due in early summer? And a summer starts on 23 June...
Old 06-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

A due date does not mean jack to babies... as we well know they come when they are well and ready if not helped.

Closed Thread