The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Commoner

I think that Madeleine will be pregnant in summer 2015. But now I am wrong. so, congratulations to Madeleine and Chris.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
What is with these royals popping one child out and turning around ready to do it again.
On the other hand, where is this idea coming from that Victoria is desperate for another baby? Isn't it possible that she and Daniel are content right now? That she wants to give Estelle the time to grow before bringing another baby into the house.
I have noticed that Victoria and Daniel are a bit unusual amongst their Crown Princely Couple counterparts, because most, if not all, had their first two children two years apart or less (around 18 months apart). Even if Victoria were to announce tomorrow that she was pregnant, there would still be well over three years' difference between Estelle and the new baby.

I think it's unfair that so many people speculate about the family planning of royals. Perhaps Madeleine and Chris want a large family while they are still young, so are having children close in age. Maybe Victoria and Daniel want to wait until Estelle is older to have a second child. From friends with kids, I've heard a child who can walk, talk, feed itself and is pottytrained and a newborn are far more easier to handle than a toddler who is barely out of infanthood and a newborn. Madeleine and Chris will certainly have a handful for a while. Depending how far along Madeleine is, there will probably be only 15-18 months separating Leonore and the new baby. A toddler that young is little more than a baby herself. Maybe Victoria and Daniel are perfectly content with Estelle as an only child; she is obviously a bright, lively little girl who would make any set of parents proud. In the "olden days," when it was likely that children (and adults) could die of any number of simple illnesses or accidents, it was important to have "an heir and a spare" (or several spares). Now in 2014, however, barring some terrible and unforseen tragedy, Estelle will most likely live a long, happy, and productive life and have a family of her own before becoming queen. There may not be a need to have a "spare" for her until she has her own children.

Aside from all this... Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris on this happy announcement! I wish them the best as they welcome a new addition to the family.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Madeleine, Christopher and Leonore What a lovely Christmas surprise! I can't say I had foreseen that at all – but I didn't pay too much attention to the royal attendance of the Nobel ceremony this year either.

I can't help but rolling my eyes at the instant mentions of Victoria/Daniel/a possible second child of theirs as well as Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding and how this pregnancy apparently is an extremely well-planned plot from Madeleine's side to avoid attending it (though to be fair, I laughed more than I rolled my eyes at that one) though.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Madeleine Chris Leonore and the grandparents.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I can't help but rolling my eyes at the instant mentions of Victoria/Daniel/a possible second child of theirs as well as Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding and how this pregnancy apparently is an extremely well-planned plot from Madeleine's side to avoid attending it (though to be fair, I laughed more than I rolled my eyes at that one) though.
I am not sure, but I think it was only mentioned once in this thread, a comment for which the poster apologised quickly afterwards?
Old 12-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Speculations on Expressen where Madeleine will give birth. Johanna Lejon from Svensk Damtidning thinks that Madeleine will give birth in Sweden and spend the summer in Sweden. Margareta Thorgren from the press department said that Madeleine and Chris decide where the child will be born. Thorgen didn't want to comment about the citizenship of the child. And where Madeleine and Chris will live, the court will return to that some time after the New Year, said Thorgren. Johanna Lejon says that if they decide move to Sweden, the private life is over.
At the article a photo of the program "The Year with the Royal Family"
Madde och Chris nya småbarnsliv Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 12-20-2014, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think when people are saying about Victoria and Daniel second child that is a matter of "spare" given the fact that Victoria is in direct-line. I think what people are trying to say is that, usually, women would want to have more than one child, so it seems odd to some, that by now (given Victoria's age) that she still has one child.

Of course women nowadays can have babies on their 40s (though I will always believe that no matter what, sooner is better than late, but each has their own issues). I think the age is not a problem for Victoria and Daniel. What I think is, of course they are happy with their little girl, why wouldn't they? But Victoria grew up with siblings, so did I and many members here, and I think she would want to give Estelle a sibling as well. No matter what, a cousin is not the same as a brother or sister, no matter how close they are.

My assumption is either Victoria and Daniel are waiting to give Estelle a bit more time to grow up and focus on her and her first years on school, or they have some issue on Victoria getting pregnant. I really doubt they only want one child, most people want more than two, but the economic issues don't allow that. It is just my assumption, I'm not trying to insult anyone here please. Just my opinion.

Anyways, congratulations for Madeleine and Chris, for me the first pregnancy was a surprise and Madeleine keeps surprising me
Old 12-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Mr.Chris O'Neil on their good news
Old 12-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I don't think when people are saying about Victoria and Daniel second child that is a matter of "spare" given the fact that Victoria is in direct-line. I think what people are trying to say is that, usually, women would want to have more than one child, so it seems odd to some, that by now (given Victoria's age) that she still has one child.

Of course women nowadays can have babies on their 40s (though I will always believe that no matter what, sooner is better than late, but each has their own issues). I think the age is not a problem for Victoria and Daniel. What I think is, of course they are happy with their little girl, why wouldn't they? But Victoria grew up with siblings, so did I and many members here, and I think she would want to give Estelle a sibling as well. No matter what, a cousin is not the same as a brother or sister, no matter how close they are.

My assumption is either Victoria and Daniel are waiting to give Estelle a bit more time to grow up and focus on her and her first years on school, or they have some issue on Victoria getting pregnant. I really doubt they only want one child, most people want more than two, but the economic issues don't allow that. It is just my assumption, I'm not trying to insult anyone here please. Just my opinion.

Anyways, congratulations for Madeleine and Chris, for me the first pregnancy was a surprise and Madeleine keeps surprising me

As for myself, I don't think a sibling for Estelle would be spare. But I am concerned with fertility issues and when a royal couple doesn't announce pregnancy or birth quite a time after a wedding or a first birth, I can't hoping they don't go through the same suffering I am goingh through. It is more a matter of empathy with everyone concerned, royal or not, noble or not.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Nobility

Whaaat?! That's a big surprise!!
But that's so great! Leonore and baby II will have the same age difference as my sister and I. And my sister is my best friend. It's really nice for Leonore, and even if it will be hard sometimes, seeing both of them growing up together will be amazing and very exiting!!

Grattis Madeleine och Chris!!! ( & lycka till )

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

I can see Estelle bossing everyone around and getting into mischief yogether in few years :)
Old 12-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

That is what I find sad about these babies being born so close together, I admit I was disappointed when I heard Kate was pregnant again. George barely had a year where thr focus was on him. If Daniel and Victoria are thinking about giving siblings to Estelle, perhaps they are also thinking about giving her time to flourish from being thr center of their attention for some years. I am an only child so what do I know of siblings being born either far apart or close together.
The reason I asked if Madeleine's children could inherit is because I thought it was odd that potential heirs to the Swedish throne were being born in America. I don't know where it came from but I always thought a potential monarch should be born in that country.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The fun part is trying, but when you hear another baby is on the way it just a beautiful thing. Congrats to them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful and surprising News!
Am I the only one, who (silently) hoped, that it would have been her sister, who is getting pregnant?
BYe Bine
Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I suspected a pregnancy when I saw her at Nobel. I tried to see if she was served wine during the dinner, but the footage changed just before she was to be served.
You certainly were not the only one who thought that but respected the forum rules by not speculating. Nevertheless . . . I was going yeah, nah, yeah, nah. And I was still in that mode every time I saw her in that fabulous Nobel gown.

So it's congratulations to Chris and Madeleine. Nice to know we are right . . . some of the time!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
As for myself, I don't think a sibling for Estelle would be spare. But I am concerned with fertility issues and when a royal couple doesn't announce pregnancy or birth quite a time after a wedding or a first birth, I can't hoping they don't go through the same suffering I am goingh through. It is more a matter of empathy with everyone concerned, royal or not, noble or not.
I am very happy for Madeleine, b ut I think you are right !
Old 12-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The reason I asked if Madeleine's children could inherit is because I thought it was odd that potential heirs to the Swedish throne were being born in America. I don't know where it came from but I always thought a potential monarch should be born in that country.
That iisue was extensively discussed on the forum when Leonore was born. Basically what Swedish law says is that royal princes or princesses must be "raised in Sweden" in order to remain in the line of succession. It is unclear though what "raised in Sweden" means exactly. The general consensus seems to be that Leonore or any future sibling of hers will have to move to Sweden by the time they start elementary school and be educated in Sweden. Otherwise, they will forefeit their succession rights.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wow, that was fast! Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I did think they would have another child, but not this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
Congrats to the parents (and sister :P of course)!!
I hope she has a safe and easy delivery
The little Prince or Princess already has its own facebook page btw....a little early I think but here it is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...pher_O%27neill
I noticed that their Wikipedia page was taken down. I do agree that it's a bit early, but Wikipedia are often early on this sort of stuff. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's second child also already has it's own page.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That iisue was extensively discussed on the forum when Leonore was born. Basically what Swedish law says is that royal princes or princesses must be "raised in Sweden" in order to remain in the line of succession. It is unclear though what "raised in Sweden" means exactly. The general consensus seems to be that Leonore or any future sibling of hers will have to move to Sweden by the time they start elementary school and be educated in Sweden. Otherwise, they will forefeit their succession rights.
As princess Madeleine have confirmed that the family will move from the U.S. to Europe in the near future, Prinsessan: Vi flyttar hem igen - Nyheter | SVT.se , it's possible that the will relocate to London, and as there is a Swedish school there the children will be able to get a Swedish education even if not living in Sweden.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Majesty

I wonder if Madeleine will reveal the gender months before the birth like she did with Leonore.

Closed Thread