The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Majesty

Congratulations!

Old 12-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she hasn't reached her 12 weeks mark yet since it is strange that they didn't release the month due date... With Leonore the announcement said "early March". Summer of 2015, instead, can mean June, July or even August altohough it surely is June or July at best

Old 12-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2678044.html

Princess Madeleine and Mr O'Neal are expecting a second child | Blogs•Spletnik.ru

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Since most of the times the royals are around the 12-week-mark when they announce their pregnancies I expect Madeleine is due in the early days of July. I myself am in the 12th week of pregnancy right now and am due at 7h July 2015. So I think we will see a very pregnant Madeleine at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia.
Congratulations to you KitKat!

Congrats to Madeleine and Chris!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations ♫♫♫
What a great news
Old 12-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful news ! What a wonderful year 2015 will be for them !
Old 12-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Oh, yes they are!
Very true.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill expecting their Second Child

My congratulations and happiest wishes to Madeleine, Chris and Leonore :)

It will be interesting to see
if she makes it to her brothers Wedding. She and Carl Philip is very very close so that she would use a pregnancy as an excuse for not going to his wedding is nonsense. They have a lot more in common together than any of them to the Crown Princess (Victorias own words).

And can we avoid speculation about V and D ? I doubt they are unhappy and have panic now as some people tends to belive. Maybe they have decided to wait, maybe they don't want more children. Maybe they have tried but failed. We don't know that. Getting pregnant isn't easy for everyone. Time will tell us.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is with these royals popping one child out and turning around ready to do it again.
On the other hand, where is this idea coming from that Victoria is desperate for another baby? Isn't it possible that she and Daniel are content right now? That she wants to give Estelle the time to grow before bringing another baby into the house.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well talk about lovely surprises when first on the Board. :)

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris, Leonore & both Families!!

Talk about a wonderful extra reason to celebrate during the Holidays.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Perhaps they had to formally announce it early because Madeleine has had to cancel engagements, possibly morning sickness. That would explain the lack of specific time or month.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Wow... that was really quick I also have a problem with people implying V&D need to catch up or take the hint...Whether they are trying and having problems or are happy enough with one perfect, very active little girl it's not a competition or making them somehow less for having just one.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris - so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
What is with these royals popping one child out and turning around ready to do it again.
On the other hand, where is this idea coming from that Victoria is desperate for another baby? Isn't it possible that she and Daniel are content right now? That she wants to give Estelle the time to grow before bringing another baby into the house.
A lot of people (royal and non-royal) have children close in age. I think it might, in part, be due to the fact that a lot of these royal ladies are already in their 30s when they start their families and maybe some of them want to have large families (or the flexibility to have the time to make that choice). I think that might play into some of the assumptions about whether or not Victoria and Daniel want another baby. It's pretty uncommon, it seems, for royal couples (especially those directly in line to the throne) to have only one child. And Victoria's already 37, so I think there's the assumption that she wouldn't wait a long time. That's just my take. I would've guessed that Victoria and Daniel would have had another child by now, but I wouldn't assume that they're desperate or anything - I'm sure they're more than content with little Estelle.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well today it is possible for a woman to have a child into her 40's naturally or with help, though it isn't too common. Maybe this is just one of my rate optimistic moments where I believe Victoria and Daniel arent trying for a second child jujust yet. Do they necessarily need more children? Also are Madeliens children in the line of succession?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

It's 2014 not 1214... Royal families don't have an urgent need to have multiple heirs and spares.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Majesty

Unexpected but lovely news! Now little Lenore will have a friend close enough in age to grow up with!

I agree with Xenia C. I have seen a lot of assumptions online that Daniel and Victoria are desperate for a second child. But just maybe they are content just having their little girl?
Old 12-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Well today it is possible for a woman to have a child into her 40's naturally or with help, though it isn't too common. Maybe this is just one of my rate optimistic moments where I believe Victoria and Daniel arent trying for a second child jujust yet. Do they necessarily need more children? Also are Madeliens children in the line of succession?
It's not really uncommon for women to have babies into their early 40s (I know quite a few people who have), but it's not something that one can necessarily depend on. No, Victoria and Daniel don't need more children, and yes, Madeleine's children are in the line of succession. I just think people are accustomed to royals having more than one child, hence the speculation that Victoria and Daniel must want another child. (And it's not just a royal thing, either - I'm an only child, and I often notice that a lot of people expect couples to have more than one child. But I think the fact that they're royal just heightens that kind of attention. Maybe I'm drawing a blank, but I can't think of any other current monarchs or direct heirs who only have one child).

But, anyway, I don't want to go too far off topic, since the thread is about Madeleine's upcoming new addition. Exciting times for everyone in the family, I'm sure.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe I'm drawing a blank, but I can't think of any other current monarchs or direct heirs who only have one child.
Poor Masako and Naruhito had their one little princess but we can safely say it was not a matter of choice in their case.

I hope Mad and Chris have healthy easy pregnancy and a cute new Swedish prince is born
Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Nobility

This was certainly unexpected but such wonderful news!! Congratulations to the family!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. I suspected a pregnancy when I saw her at Nobel. I tried to see if she was served wine during the dinner, but the footage changed just before she was to be served.

Closed Thread