Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen has new photos of Madeleine walking with Chris (who is smoking) in snowy New York. They went to a cafe. Expressen tells that now when Madeleine is close to giving birth, she has during the last weeks worked less than before and spent a lot of time at their new home. Even Chris seems to have had a lot of free time. Madeleine has also been walking alone and one day she spent an afternoon at a beauty salon specialized in nail care.

According to Expressen the couple bought a spacious apartment on one of Manhattan's most exclusive addresses. The home is described as a luxury complex with gym, wine cellar and roof terrace. The lobby has personal around the clock and the staff helps the residents with practically everything. In addition there is a communal wine cellar, a fitness center, a library that looks to be taken from an interior design magazine and a large furnished roof terrace at the top of the building where residents can gather around a fireplace.

Så här blir Madeleines nya babyliv i New York Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller

Translation

If you look at their photo's, you see they are wearing the same jacket brand. Anyone know which brand this is, with the three stripes on top of the hat?
I love how this couple copies each other (or Madde copying Chris) with the jackets, smoking, sunglasses, etc

Last edited:
I find it strange that things like that are already published, when the baby hasnt even been born, you always hope things go really well but you can never know.

The baby will be here any day! :flowers: I'm so excited! Can't wait for the name

I find it strange that things like that are already published, when the baby hasnt even been born, you always hope things go really well but you can never know.

Yes, it is strange. They are playing a dangerous game at the court. There seems to be much more fuss with the birth of Madeleine's daughter than when Estelle was born. Estelle was born, Daniel gave the press conference. And the Te Deum was told to be held on the next day after the cabinet meeting.

Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.

Yes, there are a lot of smoke-free buildings all over the country. I live in a smoke-free property, but that doesn't seem to stop people from smoking just beyond the fringes of the property. Being a former smoker, I do feel for those who are/will have a hard time quitting.

My cousin says that cigs are $8-9 per pack in NYC (she lives in da Bronx).

Anyway, my druthers would be that Christ and Madde would quit smoking, but they are young and when they start coughing up their lungs, they'll quit (probably).

I agree, you never know what may happen. Or maybe the baby is already here? ;)

The Te Deum for Madeleine's daughter is on Sunday, 2nd March at 14.00 at the Royal Chapel. Svensk Damtidning has the invitation on it's website.
Extra–Extra–Extra–Extra Det blir Te deum för Madeleines baby 2 mars! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that giving birth in USA happens normally either with a c-section or labor induction, so that the day of giving birth is decided earlier.

Where did SD get the idea " that giving birth in USA happens normally either with a c-section or labor induction, so that the day of giving birth is decided earlier?"

I would argue that while there are women who want that, there are also A LOT more women who prefer to rely on good ole Mother Nature with regards to when the baby comes.

Yes, it is strange. They are playing a dangerous game at the court. There seems to be much more fuss with the birth of Madeleine's daughter than when Estelle was born. Estelle was born, Daniel gave the press conference. And the Te Deum was told to be held on the next day after the cabinet meeting.

I dont understand the fuss about this pregnancy either, its the bla bla from the court that is creating the fuss, why? We have a swedish princess who has decided to marry an American, live in America and give birth in America, screams 'privacy' when being photographed in America, yet one can have the impression that everything surrunding the birth is more dramatic or hyped than Victoria's pregnancy.
How ridiculous is the reported pilgrimage of family members to New York when Madde didnt even bother to show up in Sweden when Victoria gave birth. I get the impression that Madde is very needy in terms of family- and press attention, Chris not so much. And I am dead sure that it won't take long that the family will be asking again for 'privacy in such a special time' while at the same time they are planning a big, televised christing in Sweden.

I think she has a planned c section: this invitation at the TE DEUM makes only sense with this explanation... Why would they have a planned mass before the baby is born thrn ?

I think she has a planned c section: this invitation at the TE DEUM makes only sense with this explanation... Why would they have a planned mass before the baby is born thrn ?

I agree - they must have a date certain. But it might be a scheduled induction.

Although, I AM laughing at the Swedish press reporting that most U.S. births are scheduled - I've never heard such a thing! But this was the same press that suggested Chris's last company was doing something shady by incorporating in Delaware and conducting business in New York..

Makes me glad it's not only Americans who can be called "ignorant." :ROFLMAO:

I'm a little surprised about the Te Deum - for a child born in NY, most likely will be raised in NY and from what I understand will never be in line for the throne.

I think that the court hsn't been very careful so far... even if Madeleine has a scheduled birth! Why would they send an invitation even before the announcement of the birth? They have arranged the things very badly.., smooth birth, the health of mother and baby are yet to be known and such things leaked?

Good heavens no. :whistling:

It's always fun to smile at the stupid Americans who don't know the capital of Bulgaria or the capital city of Tirana.
Until...
You ask the average European: What's the capital city of California?
Or is Miami a state or a tribe?
In what state is the city of Washington located?
Then the smile sort of tends to stiffen. :ermm:

It's always fun to smile at the stupid Americans who don't know the capital of Bulgaria or the capital city of Tirana.
Until...

Trick question. There are a lot of Washingtons in a lot of states though they aren't all cities.

If you are referring to Washington D.C., which I bet my paycheck you are, you would need to note that specifically. Someone like me would challenge the question, especially if money were involved. ;)

FYI, I do not know the capital of Bulgaria or Tirana, but I do know the capital of many other European countries. :)

I agree - they must have a date certain. But it might be a scheduled induction.

Although, I AM laughing at the Swedish press reporting that most U.S. births are scheduled - I've never heard such a thing! But this was the same press that suggested Chris's last company was doing something shady by incorporating in Delaware and conducting business in New York..

I'm a little surprised about the Te Deum - for a child born in NY, most likely will be raised in NY and from what I understand will never be in line for the throne.

About a third of births are done with a C-section.
U.S. women waiting longer to have C-sections CDC - CBS News
Between 1990 and 2011, the overall frequency of labor induction more than doubled, rising from 9.5 to 23.2 percent
Principles of labor induction

Annika Sönnerberg from the press department confirms the date to Expressen:
- We have sent these invitations so that the guests coming from far away have the chance to come. It takes time to plan.
But do you know that the child will be born until then?
- No, we don't know that. If princess Madeleine hasn't given birth before that of course there will not be any church service.
If Madeleine hasn't given birth until Friday next week, the court will decide a new date for Te Deum.
- Then we will send a new invitation, says Annika Sönnerberg.
It is planned that the whole royal family, besides Madeleine and the newborn, will attend at the church service.
Datumet spikat för Maddes baby-fest Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Annika Sönnerberg from the press department confirms the date to Expressen:
- We have sent these invitations so that the guests coming from far away have the chance to come. It takes time to plan.
But do you know that the child will be born until then?
- No, we don't know that. If princess Madeleine hasn't given birth before that of course there will not be any church service.
If Madeleine hasn't given birth until Friday next week, the court will decide a new date for Te Deum.
- Then we will send a new invitation, says Annika Sönnerberg.
It is planned that the whole royal family, besides Madeleine and the newborn, will attend at the church service.
Datumet spikat för Maddes baby-fest Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

They've got to be kidding, haven't they. Why is there so much communication on this matter? They keep talking themselves into trouble for no reason at all.

About a third of births are done with a C-section.
U.S. women waiting longer to have C-sections CDC - CBS News
Between 1990 and 2011, the overall frequency of labor induction more than doubled, rising from 9.5 to 23.2 percent
Principles of labor induction

Using the same resource you used regarding induction, 1-3 percient of c-section births are done on maternal request, Cesarean delivery on maternal request.

So with 23.2% of births being induced, and 1-3% for maternal requested c-section, that equates to 24.2-27.2% of births are via induction or c-section. Not even a statistically significant number, thus would not be considered "normal."

They've got to be kidding, haven't they. Why is there so much communication on this matter? They keep talking themselves into trouble for no reason at all.

Yes, that seems odd. But on the other hand, they probably thought that they had to comment anyway.
When Estelle was born, the invitations to Te Deum were sent on 1st and 2nd February. The court said then that the invitations were sent about a month before the due date. I don't remember that the date of Te Deum at the invitation was never told. Victoria herself said later that the due date was at the turn of February and March.

Last edited:
Yes, that seems odd. But on the other hand, they probably thought that they had to comment anyway.
When Estelle was born, the invitations to Te Deum were sent on 1st and 2nd February. The court said then that the invitations were sent about a month before the due date. I don't remember that the date of Te Deum at the invitation was never told. Victoria herself said after Estelle was born that the due date was at the turn of February and March.

Wouldn't it be simpler to wait about announcing the Te Deum until the birth actually has taken place? After all the child might have second thoughts and wait a little longer...
Or say the Te Deum will take place the first X-day after the birth.

Trick question. There are a lot of Washingtons in a lot of states though they aren't all cities.

If you are referring to Washington D.C., which I bet my paycheck you are, you would need to note that specifically. Someone like me would challenge the question, especially if money were involved. ;)

FYI, I do not know the capital of Bulgaria or Tirana, but I do know the capital of many other European countries. :)

:p Admittedly most Europeans would only think of the state or the US capital if they hear Washington in this context. And DC would be a giveaway.
And yes there are several trick questions here, sorry, couldn't help it. I'm bad.

:p Admittedly most Europeans would only think of the state or the US capital if they hear Washington in this context. And DC would be a giveaway.
And yes there are several trick questions here, sorry, couldn't help it. I'm bad.

I love trick questions, I miss them a lot of times, :bang: which is a reminder that I need think outside the proverbial box. :)

Until...

I don't think that a lot of Americans can answer these either...:ermm:

I am Off Topic and Off to Work.

Hasta la vista!

Do you think Chris will come to the te deum? Assuming the baby is born a few days before March 2, he could take an evening flight out of NY, attend the te deum and then fly back on the same day.
I think many Swedes would appreciate him to be there, but then again he is not a member of the RF so he does not have to. On the other hand, maybe this is a life event that no father would want to miss?

Maybe invitations were sent out so early so that Chris's family can book flights and attend?

On the labor induction topic; baby is due the 25th. What is the US guideline for labour induction, how many days after due date can you still wait?

Annika Sönnerberg said to Aftonbladet, that the guests who come abroad are the family and relatives of Chris. At Te Deum attends the immediate family but also representatives of the parliament, the government, the official Sweden and personnel from the Royal Court.
Some who don't attend are the main characters, Madeleine, Chris and their little daughter.
- No, it should not be counted on. The Crown Princess was not present at the Te Deum for Princess Estelle so it can not be counted on, says Annika Sönnerberg.
Te Deum för Madeleines dotter Nyheter Aftonbladet

Do you think Chris will come to the te deum? Assuming the baby is born a few days before March 2, he could take an evening flight out of NY, attend the te deum and then fly back on the same day.
I think many Swedes would appreciate him to be there, but then again he is not a member of the RF so he does not have to. On the other hand, maybe this is a life event that no father would want to miss?

Maybe invitations were sent out so early so that Chris's family can book flights and attend?

On the labor induction topic; baby is due the 25th. What is the US guideline for labour induction, how many days after due date can you still wait?

It's rare in the US to go much more than a few days past 40 weeks without an induction, very very rare to go past 41 weeks. So if she is really due on the 25th, having the Te Deum on the 2nd is not so far fetched.

It would be interesting if the baby was born on Estelle's birthday! :p :)

It's rare in the US to go much more than a few days past 40 weeks without an induction, very very rare to go past 41 weeks. So if she is really due on the 25th, having the Te Deum on the 2nd is not so far fetched.
No, no,no! I have 3 nieces who have delivered last week and 3 months ago and 3 years ago!
One went ten days before induction, the other a few days. Depends on the practice!
Plus, I would dispute the induction/c-section rates separately. Many inductions become c sections, I would not add inductions to c section rates.
This whole thing seems insane, madeline obviously sells more tabloid papers than her sisters and, not for the first time, the Swedish pr group is really not up to snuff.
Trick answer: Washington, DC is not a city, nor a state, nor has a representative in congress.

PS Katiebird, the niece who was almost instantly induced, was in California in a hospital and practice that had a huge c section rate. Her v back daughter, natural, was born in NJ last Saturday, (but named Quinn!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom