Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe the registry thing, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you...
As far at the title, that is the King's decision.

If you believe the registry thing, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you...
As far at the title, that is the King's decision.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be just something if she has a girl on Feb 25th? ;)

Since they registered their wedding gifts wish list at an internet website, this wouldn't be so surprising at all. The court should deny it if it is fake.

Last edited:
Since they registered their wedding gifts wish list at an internet website, this wouldn't be so surprising at all. The court should deny it if it is take.

Agreed :flowers: If it was fake the court would have denied and they didn't

So here is a woman who wants privacy with her husband and yet registers for the baby on the internet, giving her real name (don't most celebs give a fake one?), giving gender and due date - a due date she must realize will raise a few eyebrows given her March 7 wedding.

I'm beginning to agree that she says one thing with regards to privacy and then does another. Either that or she wants it both ways.

The Swedish court has done such a poor job in a the latest scandels in involving the King, CP, that I have no faith in their ability, unlike some other RF.

The Swedish court has done such a poor job in a the latest scandels in involving the King, CP, that I have no faith in their ability, unlike some other RF.
Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton is only working part time for Prince William, so they could hire him as a consultant! That would be a huge help, considering that I've never thought much of the SRF media/PR department. They say things when they shouldn't and vice versa. If I were Madeleine I'd hire a personal PR firm in NY.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine's pregnancy gynecologist is 42-year-old Ilana Lyn Brownstein. She works also at New York Presbyrerian Hospital. Her office is quite close to Madeleine's and Chris' home. Patients tell that a normal doctor's examination at doctor Brownstein costs 3854 SEK, about 440 euros.

I agree that the issue is not important, but I am among those who feel she was pregnant at her wedding; yes do you remember some comments on yhis site, made at that time :"her dress did not really fit well at the front" we can now imagine the dress was slightly "adapted", and her face looked tired.

She has some contradictions, she likes to believe she can behave as an ordinary person, and have her privacy respected.

Regarding the cost for the gynecologist, we have to bear in mind, the US health system and costs cannot be compared to most European systems.

Last edited:
Yup, I kind of wondered about that too. I thought she might have been pregnant before she married. But then it was announced that she was pregnant after the wedding and if she had been before, she would be farther along, or maybe not.

If she is due on Feb 25th, she conceived on June 4th. That's just easy pregnancy math.

She could not have known she was pregnant on her wedding day.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine's pregnancy gynecologist is 42-year-old Ilana Lyn Brownstein. She works also at New York Presbyrerian Hospital. Her office is quite close to Madeleine's and Chris' home. Patients tell that a normal doctor's examination at doctor Brownstein costs 3854 SEK, about 440 euros.

Which is mostly covered by insurance, or perhaps all depending on Chris' insurance plan. As I recall, I paid nothing for all of my obstetric care, labor and delivery.

I agree that the issue is not important, but I am among those who feel she was pregnant at her wedding; yes do you remember some comments on yhis site, made at that time :"her dress did not really fit well at the front" we can now imagine the dress was slightly "adapted", and her face looked tired.

She has some contradictions, she likes to believe she can behave as an ordinary person, and have her privacy respected.

Regarding the cost for the gynecologist, we have to bear in mind, the US health system and costs cannot be compared to most European systems.
Wow, now you can realize the interest and the money involved in any pictures and anything involved with her.
If you think that she was pregnant at the wedding, even 4 days pregnant, and that would affect her appearance, how wild is that?
This is obviously a bigger story than people realize,but not the media, so the fake registry and hugely increased paps in their lives all make sense. Stay tuned...

Pregnancy visits are covered by insurance so her cost most likely is only $40.00.

Pregnancy visits are covered by insurance so her cost most likely is only $40.00.

It depends on what plan she is on. Insurance companies can taylor a plan so that either all obstetric care is covered, or the mother pays a co-pay every time she sees the doctor regarding her pregnancy.

Many of us were very sure CP Victoria was much further along in her pregnancy than the supposed delivery date. Well, we were all wrong. Although she looked ready to give birth for several month the baby was born around the published date. Some women looks pregnant from very early on and some hardly at all.

The old wives tale is that women who carry huge and all over like that have girls.

The old wives tale is that women who carry huge and all over like that have girls.

Weren't people using this old wives tale to say The Duchess of Cambridge was carrying a little Princess?:lol:

From all of the photographic evidence I find that Madde and Chris absolutely HATE the intrusion into their private lives. I can only see this as a point of contention between the two when the child/children's lives are really invaded. I think that the paps following a pregnant Madde all around NY was more than they bargained for. And if the child is an HRH, that will only increase the attention of the tabloids.

Does she really want all of the invasion of privacy for her child? Not only does she want to have her cake and eat it too here, but it seems downright contradictory on her part - she does not want the press attention, the drama, so she does things that ensure that there will be even more of it? Doesn't make sense to me.

But I'll bet that the Swedish press is thrilled that the child has a title. :p

if they hate the media attention that much prehaps someone should tell Madeleine to stop doing things like this. You can't give interviews all about your private life on day and then ask for privacy the next.
'The pregnancy happened a little fast and very suddenly': Princess Madeleine opens up about married life as she poses for the cover of ELLE Sweden | Mail Online
Princess Madeleine of Sweden talks about her 'surprise' pregnancy and her cravings - hellomagazine.com

if they hate the media attention that much prehaps someone should tell Madeleine to stop doing things like this. You can't give interviews all about your private life on day and then ask for privacy the next.
'The pregnancy happened a little fast and very suddenly': Princess Madeleine opens up about married life as she poses for the cover of ELLE Sweden | Mail Online
Princess Madeleine of Sweden talks about her 'surprise' pregnancy and her cravings - hellomagazine.com

Well, maybe that is her Intention..... giving some interviews in the hope, that they have some News of her and then will leave her alone afterwards.
Not sure, whether it works, but the idea is not bad, nice try
Bye Bine

CP Mary of Denmark has given several interviews about her life to several renowned magazines, does that mean that she isn't entitled to a certain amount of privacy? No, it doesn't. It's not like Madeleine has a reality show about her own life called "My Princess Diaries", she did an interview with a decent magazine, that doesn't rob her of (the human right that is) the right to privacy.

I will, however, say that if Madeleine wants her children to be Royal Highnesses, she can't demand for her life to be completely private. If her child is going to be a HRH, then she must accept that he/she is also going to be a member of the Swedish Royal Family and with that follows a certain amount of press and publicity. It would be absolutely ridiculous to expect otherwise. But it still doesn't change the fact that she still has right to a certain amount of privacy - even though she did an interview with a magazine.

CP Mary of Denmark has given several interviews about her life to several renowned magazines, does that mean that she isn't entitled to a certain amount of privacy? No, it doesn't. It's not like Madeleine has a reality show about her own life called "My Princess Diaries", she did an interview with a decent magazine, that doesn't rob her of (the human right that is) the right to privacy.

I will, however, say that if Madeleine wants her children to be Royal Highnesses, she can't demand for her life to be completely private. If her child is going to be a HRH, then she must accept that he/she is also going to be a member of the Swedish Royal Family and with that follows a certain amount of press and publicity. It would be absolutely ridiculous to expect otherwise. But it still doesn't change the fact that she still has right to a certain amount of privacy - even though she did an interview with a magazine.

Regardless of whether or not Madeleine's kids have an HRH title, they will still be members of the Swedish Royal Family as they are the King's grandchildren. They will still be hounded by the paps with or without an HRH title.

Regardless of whether or not Madeleine's kids have an HRH title, they will still be members of the Swedish Royal Family as they are the King's grandchildren. They will still be hounded by the paps with or without an HRH title.

They would still be members of the SRF, yes, but you must admit that making them Royal Highnesses would make them more "official" members (in need of a better expression) whereas not giving them titles would give them a bigger sense of freedom, eh? I'm not saying that they wont be hounded by the press if they aren't HRHs, but as I have understood it, without being HRHs they would be private people (though still grandchildren of the King) and being a private person (who just so happens to be the grandchild of a monarch) you have the right to a bigger amount of privacy than a Royal Highness has, am I right? I might just have misunderstood it all (which wouldn't be something new :D), but that has just always been my perception :)

In my opinion, Princess Madeleine's children, if not HRH's, will be private citzens. They'll be the grandchildren of The King of Sweden, and member of the extended Bernadotte family.

To be a member of the Swedish Royal Family, a national institution, one must be a Prince or Princess or the Monarch and his/her consort.

For me, Chris O'Neill is not a member of the Swedish Royal Family, just like Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall aren't members of the British Royal Family.

But has Mary complained about that the press invades her privacy, like Madeleine? And Madeleine has said many times that she loves to live in NYC, where she can be just Madeleine Bernadotte and neo one knows her and she is left in peace. Her giving this 11-page interview to Elle with this fashion photoshoot is so visible and big that it makes people wonder what she really wants.

In my opinion, Princess Madeleine's children, if not HRH's, will be private citzens. They'll be the grandchildren of The King of Sweden, and member of the extended Bernadotte family.

To be a member of the Swedish Royal Family, a national institution, one must be a Prince or Princess or the Monarch and his/her consort.

For me, Chris O'Neill is not a member of the Swedish Royal Family, just like Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall aren't members of the British Royal Family.

Exactly. That was the point I was trying to make. If the children are untitled, they will be just as royal as Peter and Zara (= not royal, just happen to be the grandchildren of a monarch), whereas if they are titled, they will be on the level of Beatrice and Eugenie. Thank you for this :)

But has Mary complained about that the press invades her privacy, like Madeleine? And Madeleine has said many times that she loves to live in NYC, where she can be just Madeleine Bernadotte and neo one knows her and she is left in peace. Her giving this 11-page interview to Elle with this fashion photoshoot is so visible and big that it makes people wonder what she really wants.

It still doesn't eliminate her right to privacy. I could understand the double standards if she was having a reality show and fame-whored constantly while moaning about wanting privacy (like some *cough* celebrities). But that isn't what she's doing. She's a Swedish Princess who gave an interview to a Swedish magazine. Does that mean that she doesn't have the right to privacy like anyone else?

I won't comment on what CP Mary has one as I've not read those interviews or heard her complain about her privacy. To me Royals should stick to either not talking to the media or giving the odd line about themselves when talking about a charity/even they are supporting. Of course even the most private of royals occasionally let slip a few bits about their private life but to go to a magazine and talk at length about your pregnancy and how quickly it all happened seems more like the behaviour of a celebrity and rather at odds with then saying you want a private life away from the media.
Of course what ever happens there will be media interest in Madeleine, Chris and their new baby but they don't be seeming to do alot IMO to tone down the interest.

This would have been so much easier if Madeleine at the day of her wedding gave up her "HRH" status and became just Princess Madeleine Mrs O'Neill like the way her aunt's are styled. Then their children would have been Ms and/or Mr Bernadotte-O'Neill .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom