Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...This isn't the pregnancy announcement from the SRF I was expecting this Fall, but I'll gladly take it!!

Maybe this will not be the only pregnancy announcement from the Swedish Royal Family we'll see this fall.:whistling:

It makes me think...Madeleine and Chris will celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary with a baby in their arms, how sweet is that!!!:twohearts:

My mom said she was probably pregnant already at her wedding, and maybe she didn't know yet (explaining the smoking). It's possible actually, since royal pregnancy annoucements are made around 4 months/16 weeks, but she can pull a Victoria and announced it earlier because her belly is already showing. OR...Victoria is already pregnant and they don't want to clash both pregnancy annoucements at the same time, explaning the sudden pregnancy annoucement of Madeleine. Please let the last be true (however I fear that I'm wrong since Victoria has been sporting a quite flat tummy lately)

Wasn't Caroline born 9 months to the day after Ranier and Grace were married?

Madeleine and Chris will make a beautiful baby!

Good for them that they want to start a family quickly. Congrats to the happy couple and the soon-to-be grandparents.

They did not hang around, did they? Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. They announced this very soon, considering she is not due until March. That makes her roughly 8ish weeks.

As if the Obama's congratulated them! That's pretty cool.

Maybe this will not be the only pregnancy announcement from the Swedish Royal Family we'll see this fall.:whistling:

Hoping for that to happen too! Would be great to have two baby bumps at the Nobel prices.

Hoping for that to happen too! Would be great to have two baby bumps at the Nobel prices.

I have a feeling we'll see two Royal babies and a Royal wedding in Sweden next year.

I hope I'm right. :flowers:

Victoria told to Aftonbladet and Expressen on her way to the Junior Water Prize that it is very nice to become an aunt and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

So am I understanding correctly that this child will not have a title even though Maddie is an HRH? Is it because Chris does not have a title? I would hope the child would hold some kind of title being that the mother is a Princess in her own rite. On the other hand, maybe grandpa will give a title, just because. :)

So am I understanding correctly that this child will not have a title even though Maddie is an HRH? Is it because Chris does not have a title? I would hope the child would hold some kind of title being that the mother is a Princess in her own rite. On the other hand, maybe grandpa will give a title, just because. :)

Until the baby is born or the court tells correct information, we don't know if the child gets a title or not. We just have to wait.

It will be interesting to see if the child is granted a title because AFAIK if a princess marries a commoner who doesn't have a title, then no title is given to the children. However, there may be cases that exist that I'm unaware of and would be interested in knowing about that.

I can't see why the child would be granted one.

A title might be offered, but as Chris didn't want a title for himself I doubt he'll want one for his child. It'll be a similar situation to Princess Anne and her children.

This is very nice news and congrats to them for not waiting.

I don't think Chris O'Neill would accept a title for his child. That would mean his name and line would end if his children are made "royal" and given titles. From what I've read about Mr. O'Neill, he is his own man, with a great career and a great life in New York. He hadn't even bothered to learn Swedish so why would he agree to raise his kids in Sweden and agree to them not having his name? I just don't see that happening. Their kids will be O'Neill's through and through . . . British/American/Swedish. Great combination.

And perhaps if the child has a title, he/she may be incorporated more into the royal family which is something that Madeleine and Chris may not want. I think their lifestyle doesn't lend itself to increased involvement with royalty, rather the reverse.

I wonder if the baby will be born in New York or if Madde will want to have it in Sweden. I would imagine if it is titled there would be more of a compulsion to fly off to Sweden.

He hadn't even bothered to learn Swedish so why would he agree to raise his kids in Sweden and agree to them not having his name?

I think that's a bit mean. He has said several times that he is trying to learn Swedish but that he finds it very difficult. He has also spoken a few words in Swedish here and there. He has also stated that for the moment they will leave in NY but eventually, they might move to Sweden. Let's give him some credit!! :)

This is very nice news and congrats to them for not waiting.

I think most "royal couples" nowadays marry when they are ready to have children because before they are married they can still live together and live a sort of married life without having to share the "royal duties" and more scrutiny, etc. Plus, if they want to be together but wait to have kids they can avoid the media speculations ("Is that a baby bump?" "Is she fatter than usual?" "Did she NOT drink alcohol at that reception?" etc.) by delaying a wedding. Do I make sense? I'm not sure.. :ROFLMAO:

I think most "royal couples" nowadays marry when they are ready to have children because before they are married they can still live together and live a sort of married life without having to share the "royal duties" and more scrutiny, etc. Plus, if they want to be together but wait to have kids they can avoid the media speculations ("Is that a baby bump?" "Is she fatter than usual?" "Did she NOT drink alcohol at that reception?" etc.) by delaying a wedding. Do I make sense? I'm not sure.. :ROFLMAO:

You certainly make sense to me. As soon as a royal couple marries, the media, and some members here, are watching the wife like hawks to see any tell-tale signs of a pregnancy. Might as well nip all this it in the bud, so to speak, and aim to get pregnant as soon as is seemly after the cake is cut. :D It must be fun to know that lots of people are doing the sums. :lol: Maybe they made a game of it.

I'm almost certain that the baby will be born in Sweden and raise there atleast partially.

No titles. I I remember Madeleine wanted to follow Princess Haakons sister (forgot her name) and continue working even if that meant becoming a HH from HRH, to which the king didn't agree.

All this clearly states that she isn't bothered about her child's royal title. Moreover Chris is not royal and accepted no titles.

The baby will be in the order of succession. Victoria has only 1 child and we all know with age chances of conceiving become lesser. I'm not saying she won't have more babies but it is a possibility. Similarly, Carl Philip is not married who knows how things go for him and Sofia or whoever.

The throne might just pass to Madeleine and her baby (I highly doubt that though).

I know I'm a bit late, but congratulations to Madeleine and Chris! :flowers:

This is really fast, I didn't expect them to announce so soon after the wedding (I was thinking they would announce in early or mid 2014). A little cousin for Princess Estelle :D

Has Princess Madeleine already appeared in public after the pregnancy announcement?

I wonder if the preganancy was a surprise to one or both of them. In this weeks Hello there is an interview with the couple in which they state they want to just enjoy being a couple and will put off having a child for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom