Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would just be HH

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning that the child will also be a HRH. We shall see when the child is born. But it would be quite odd if the king's solicitor would say something like this to a swedish magazine if it isn't true.

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff said to Svensk Damtidning that the child will also be a HRH. We shall see when the child is born. But it would be quite odd if the king's solicitor would say something like this to a swedish magazine if it isn't true.

It's said otherwise in the article of Gala. But maybe they madea mistake with the translation. We'll see what is right in march, But to be honest, just HH makes more sense for a royal very far from the future main royal family than HRH. It would be like they practise it in Denmark. Frederiks (crownprince) kids are HRH whereas Joachims (just prince) kids are just HH.

It's said otherwise in the article of Gala. But maybe they madea mistake with the translation. We'll see what is right in march, But to be honest, just HH makes more sense for a royal very far from the future main royal family than HRH. It would be like they practise it in Denmark. Frederiks (crownprince) kids are HRH whereas Joachims (just prince) kids are just HH.
Sweden's royal court is very different from the danish one, children of 4 and 5th in line to throne , have already been granted HRH and Ducal titles in the past and Princess madeleine's children shouldnt be an exception

I didn't know that. But I knwo that Sweden is noch Denmark. It would just make sense to me. That's all I was saying.

I didn't know that. But I knwo that Sweden is noch Denmark. It would just make sense to me. That's all I was saying.
i see what you are saying :) (i hope i didnt come across as arrogant in my previous post, i just wanted to say what has happened in the past just in case some one didnt know)

Johan T Lindwall speculates on his video report, that if Madeleine gives birth in New York, it will be at Mount Sinai hospital. Women who give birth there get a suite with a view to Central Park, flat screen TV and room service. Madeleine and Chris have said that they will be in Sweden to plan about where to give birth, but Madeleine hasn't informed yet where the baby will be born. If Madeleine will give birth in Sweden, it would happen at the Karolinska Sjukhuset (where Estelle was born) or at Sophiahemmet, which opens a private maternity ward just in March when the child should be born. At Mount Sinai it costs over 20000 SEK a day to stay. Madeleine will continue her work at Childhood and attend at the Nobel celebrations and at queen Silvia's 70th birthday celebrations.
Sjukhuset där Madde kanske kommer att föda Nyheter

Where she gives birth depends on where her doctor is. Many rooms at Mt. Sinai do have views of Central Park and virtually hospital room now have flat panels. I don't think women in NY chose their hospitals for the views. There's several great hospitals, New York Hospital is much closer to their home. As for the costs, Chris' insurance will cover the hospital bill.

As for them moving to Sweden - I doubt it. Didn't Chris just start a new job with a new firm? If he becomes a Swedish citizen or resides there aren't there some tax implications? All for a baby fifth in line (and most likely will move farther down in the future)?

Expressen writes that Madeleine hasn't decided yet, where she will give birth. According to Expressen Victoria tried to persuade Madeleine to give birth in Sweden because she is worried about the criticism Madeleine gets if she gives birth in NYC. Also queen Silvia has called Madeleine and tried to ger her to give birth in Sweden. The queen is worried about the criticism Madeleine would get if she doesn't give birth in Sweden, it is a royal birth, and what it would mean to the child's place in the order of succession. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said to Expressen that no decision has been made. If Madeleine would give birth in Sweden, she would probably stay there when she comes home for the Queen's birthday. The child would lose it's place in the order of succession, if it is raised as catholic or it is mainly raised in USA.
Madde trotsar Silvias vädjan om födseln | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Last edited:
I can certainly see why a Swedish royal princess not choosing her own country to give birth in would be insulting to many.People will get over it though.But if the child is for all intent and purposes going to be born and raised a very rich but normal American kid then he or she should not be an HRH-or any other title really. Can't have your cake and eat it also.

Last edited:
Expressen writes that Madeleine hasn't decided yet, where she will give birth. According to Expressen Victoria tried to persuade Madeleine to give birth in Sweden because she is worried about the criticism Madeleine gets if she gives birth in NYC. Also queen Silvia has called Madeleine and tried to ger her to give birth in Sweden. The queen is worried about the criticism Madeleine would get if she doesn't give birth in Sweden, it is a royal birth, and what it would mean to the child's place in the order of succession. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said to Expressen that no decision has been made. If Madeleine would give birth in Sweden, she would probably stay there when she comes home for the Queen's birthday. The child would lose it's place in the order of succession, if it is raised as catholic or it is mainly raised in USA.
Madde trotsar Silvias vädjan om födseln | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

I completely understand Maddes problem. Her child shall be HRH (and this is only possible if born and raised in SE), but will be tooo far away in the line of succession to become heir(ess) one day.
On the other hand she has her new life in NY.
So what to do?
I really really hope the child will be born in Sweden....
BYe Bine

I think that it would make sense if Madeleine and Chris's child is born in Sweden (that way the baby can still be in the line of succession and the press won't make a fuss), however it would be more practical for Madeleine and Chris if it were born in New York. If I were Madeleine, I would travel to Sweden two/one month (s) before the due date, (if the airline allows it) so that the baby can be born there.

In the BRF, Maud Windsor was born in California (please correct me if this is wrong) and there wasn't any fuss, but that's probably because she's a minor member of the royal family and your average person would'nt know who Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor are.

Last edited:
I understand the symbolism behind a place of birth, but does it really matter where this baby is born? Isn't it more important an HRH's sense of identity, language, involvement with Sweden, etc?

It would seem silly to give birth in Sweden and then raise it in NYC and have all the perks of HRH. On the other hand, a mere birth in NYC but a strong Swedish identity afterwards seems to be to be far more important.

Madde might be most comfortable giving birth in NY. Her husband works there, they live there, the doctor who knows her history is there. If she has to go to Sweden one month before her due date, and then remain there until they are medically cleared to fly, what is the point? Will that force a separation with her husband? Can he get to Sweden at a moment's notice when the moment arrives - babies can be early. Seems cruel to force that separation.

Personally, if I were Madde, I'd tell the public, "oh yes, I'm giving birth in Sweden - why, I would not think of the child drawing its first breath anywhere else." And then a few months from now, say "Oh dear, oh dear, Doctor has just told me I cannot fly." Wink, wink, Madde...;)

Although a much easier solution would have been no titles for this child - just little Miss/Master O'Neill. Then the Swedish public would have no say. As long as it's an HRH, and Madde is an HRH, it's their business.

Ya know, even given the baby was likely unplanned so early, things like this and O'Neil's role in the royal family should have been thought out once they agreed to marry just because of the dynamics involved. JMHO.

Although a much easier solution would have been no titles for this child - just little Miss/Master O'Neill. Then the Swedish public would have no say. As long as it's an HRH, and Madde is an HRH, it's their business.

I quite agree! I was surprised to hear that Madeleine's child would be HRH. None of the Kings sisters children received HRH when they were born.

I quite agree! I was surprised to hear that Madeleine's child would be HRH. None of the Kings sisters children received HRH when they were born.

Only one of the King's sisters is HRH herself, HRH Princess Birgitta. Her children are His Serene Highness Prince Carl Christian of Hohenzollern, Her Serene Highness Princess Désirée of Hohenzollern, Mrs. Eckbert von Bohlen und Halbach and His Serene Highness Prince Hubertus of Hohenzollern.
But the times are different now and the title and HRH of Madeleine's child is something which the king decides.

Maybe the best option wouldbe for Madeleine and Chris to say that they want to raise their child without HRH,then it wouldn't actaully mater where the babywas born and they would be free to do as they wish. Surely the Swedish people would quite like one less royal to support.

Madeleine strikes me as very conscious about status & title. I can sense the drama, she wants a title for her child but wants to live with her family as private people at the same time. You cant have everything but if you try to, you'll have to accept critizism.

It would be healthier for the family for the kid to have no title and live as they please.

Madeleine strikes me as very conscious about status & title. I can sense the drama, she wants a title for her child but wants to live with her family as private people at the same time. You cant have everything but if you try to, you'll have to accept critizism.

It would be healthier for the family for the kid to have no title and live as they please.

I agree. She wants to live private and is often angry about the paparazzis and that the tabloids write about her. But at the same time she poses happily for 5 covers of Elle and for an 11-page interview.

That does not speak well for her maturity at all if this true.So...she wanted the hot American millionaire business man AND the private life AND the perks and notoriety of a princess....and possibly a special title for the kid..... with no criticism . alllrighty then.

I've often thought that, she wants it all her own way, the perks of being royal and teh perks of being a private, rich person. I think the best all around would have been for it to have been made clear when she married that whilst she would keep her title her husband and children would not get any.

On that note..... is it a case of the being the baby, a daddies girl? A bit spoiled? Tale as old as time:p.

From all of the photographic evidence I find that Madde and Chris absolutely HATE the intrusion into their private lives. I can only see this as a point of contention between the two when the child/children's lives are really invaded. I think that the paps following a pregnant Madde all around NY was more than they bargained for. And if the child is an HRH, that will only increase the attention of the tabloids.

Does she really want all of the invasion of privacy for her child? Not only does she want to have her cake and eat it too here, but it seems downright contradictory on her part - she does not want the press attention, the drama, so she does things that ensure that there will be even more of it? Doesn't make sense to me.

But I'll bet that the Swedish press is thrilled that the child has a title. :p

On the cover of Svensk Damtidning
Sensation
Madeleine tells herself
We are having a daughter
The real due date
The reveiling document
The princess's society doctor
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/299658a2#/299658a2/1

Edit: Stoppa pressarna web magazine quotes the story of Svensk Damtidning. Madeleine has registered to website BuyBaby and made a wish list for babyshower. For the gender she has written: It's a girl and to the due date she wrote 25th February, which is about a week earlier what the court has told
http://stoppapressarna.se/kungligt/prinsessan-madeleine-ska-fa-en-flicka

Last edited:
I wonder if it's really theirs. It's only the most important staf on the list, you know, a stroller, car seat etc. I guess the 'smaller things' are already taken so they are off the list.

If her due date is Feburary 25th it means she was pregnant at the wedding :flowers:

I saw this on twitter as well. But honestly though, couldn't anyone have made up that account? I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out to be fabricated by journalists and made just to squeeze a story out of nothing.

However, if it is true, it'll be interesting to see whether a spokesperson from the SRF will come out and confirm that she indeed is having a girl or not.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's really theirs. It's only the most important staf on the list, you know, a stroller, car seat etc. I guess the 'smaller things' are already taken so they are off the list.

If her due date is Feburary 25th it means she was pregnant at the wedding :flowers:

No, a 40 week pregnancy takes you to about 1 week less than nine months. Few know this. I was given my conception dates by ultrasound techs - they are that good when measuring a baby, and it did not work out to nine months exactly. But if she was pregnant at the wedding, nobody really cares. :flowers: But I would not be surprised if the court said "early March" to deflect from the conception.

I always had a "gut" that it would be a girl and born very close to Estelle's birthday, whether early, induced, on time. So I tend to think it's true.

Hey, did anyone see the Sophie Giraffe rubber toy on the registry for 23 bucks?

LOVE IT!!!!!

Karen Lennmor, the chief editor of Svensk Damtidning to Expressen: it was research work - no tip - which led to the discovery of the site.
- After that I have had this confirmed by members of Princess Madeleine's circle of friends in New York. Therefore, we say that we believe this is one hundred percent safe.
So there is no chance that someone has created profile in Princess Madeleine's name?
- It is microscopic. Then it had been only someone who put up the page in the hope that we would find it, we've never been tipped off about this but actively sought information ourselves.
The press department of the royal court tells that it did not know about Princess Madeleine registered a wish list.
They also can not dismiss the information as false.
- I do not know these details and I do not know the website, Annika Sönnerberg.
Nu avslöjar Madde könet på barnet Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

No, a 40 week pregnancy takes you to about 1 week less than nine months. Few know this. I was given my conception dates by ultrasound techs - they are that good when measuring a baby, and it did not work out to nine months exactly. But if she was pregnant at the wedding, nobody really cares. :flowers: But I would not be surprised if the court said "early March" to deflect from the conception.

I must have counted sth wrong!. You give birth 10 months after conception, so here June -> March. I made a mistake in counting and thought she got pregnant in May. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom