The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They've got to be kidding, haven't they. Why is there so much communication on this matter? They keep talking themselves into trouble for no reason at all.
Yes, that seems odd. But on the other hand, they probably thought that they had to comment anyway.
When Estelle was born, the invitations to Te Deum were sent on 1st and 2nd February. The court said then that the invitations were sent about a month before the due date. I don't remember that the date of Te Deum at the invitation was never told. Victoria herself said later that the due date was at the turn of February and March.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, that seems odd. But on the other hand, they probably thought that they had to comment anyway.
When Estelle was born, the invitations to Te Deum were sent on 1st and 2nd February. The court said then that the invitations were sent about a month before the due date. I don't remember that the date of Te Deum at the invitation was never told. Victoria herself said after Estelle was born that the due date was at the turn of February and March.
Wouldn't it be simpler to wait about announcing the Te Deum until the birth actually has taken place? After all the child might have second thoughts and wait a little longer...
Or say the Te Deum will take place the first X-day after the birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Trick question. There are a lot of Washingtons in a lot of states though they aren't all cities.

If you are referring to Washington D.C., which I bet my paycheck you are, you would need to note that specifically. Someone like me would challenge the question, especially if money were involved.

FYI, I do not know the capital of Bulgaria or Tirana, but I do know the capital of many other European countries. :)
Admittedly most Europeans would only think of the state or the US capital if they hear Washington in this context. And DC would be a giveaway.
And yes there are several trick questions here, sorry, couldn't help it. I'm bad.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Admittedly most Europeans would only think of the state or the US capital if they hear Washington in this context. And DC would be a giveaway.
And yes there are several trick questions here, sorry, couldn't help it. I'm bad.
I love trick questions, I miss them a lot of times, which is a reminder that I need think outside the proverbial box.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Good heavens no.

It's always fun to smile at the stupid Americans who don't know the capital of Bulgaria or the capital city of Tirana.
Until...
You ask the average European: What's the capital city of California?
Or is Miami a state or a tribe?
In what state is the city of Washington located?
Then the smile sort of tends to stiffen.
I don't think that a lot of Americans can answer these either...

I am Off Topic and Off to Work.

Hasta la vista!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Courtier

I can <G>

LaRae
Old 02-20-2014, 12:23 PM
Gentry

Do you think Chris will come to the te deum? Assuming the baby is born a few days before March 2, he could take an evening flight out of NY, attend the te deum and then fly back on the same day.
I think many Swedes would appreciate him to be there, but then again he is not a member of the RF so he does not have to. On the other hand, maybe this is a life event that no father would want to miss?

Maybe invitations were sent out so early so that Chris's family can book flights and attend?

On the labor induction topic; baby is due the 25th. What is the US guideline for labour induction, how many days after due date can you still wait?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Annika Sönnerberg said to Aftonbladet, that the guests who come abroad are the family and relatives of Chris. At Te Deum attends the immediate family but also representatives of the parliament, the government, the official Sweden and personnel from the Royal Court.
Some who don't attend are the main characters, Madeleine, Chris and their little daughter.
- No, it should not be counted on. The Crown Princess was not present at the Te Deum for Princess Estelle so it can not be counted on, says Annika Sönnerberg.
Te Deum för Madeleines dotter Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Do you think Chris will come to the te deum? Assuming the baby is born a few days before March 2, he could take an evening flight out of NY, attend the te deum and then fly back on the same day.
I think many Swedes would appreciate him to be there, but then again he is not a member of the RF so he does not have to. On the other hand, maybe this is a life event that no father would want to miss?

Maybe invitations were sent out so early so that Chris's family can book flights and attend?

On the labor induction topic; baby is due the 25th. What is the US guideline for labour induction, how many days after due date can you still wait?
It's rare in the US to go much more than a few days past 40 weeks without an induction, very very rare to go past 41 weeks. So if she is really due on the 25th, having the Te Deum on the 2nd is not so far fetched.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be interesting if the baby was born on Estelle's birthday!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebird View Post
It's rare in the US to go much more than a few days past 40 weeks without an induction, very very rare to go past 41 weeks. So if she is really due on the 25th, having the Te Deum on the 2nd is not so far fetched.
No, no,no! I have 3 nieces who have delivered last week and 3 months ago and 3 years ago!
One went ten days before induction, the other a few days. Depends on the practice!
Plus, I would dispute the induction/c-section rates separately. Many inductions become c sections, I would not add inductions to c section rates.
This whole thing seems insane, madeline obviously sells more tabloid papers than her sisters and, not for the first time, the Swedish pr group is really not up to snuff.
Trick answer: Washington, DC is not a city, nor a state, nor has a representative in congress.

PS Katiebird, the niece who was almost instantly induced, was in California in a hospital and practice that had a huge c section rate. Her v back daughter, natural, was born in NJ last Saturday, (but named Quinn!)
Old 02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
No, no,no! I have 3 nieces who have delivered last week and 3 months ago and 3 years ago!
One went ten days before induction, the other a few days. Depends on the practice!
Plus, I would dispute the induction/c-section rates separately. Many inductions become c sections, I would not add inductions to c section rates.
This whole thing seems insane, madeline obviously sells more tabloid papers than her sisters and, not for the first time, the Swedish pr group is really not up to snuff.
Trick answer: Washington, DC is not a city, nor a state, nor has a representative in congress.

PS Katiebird, the niece who was almost instantly induced, was in California in a hospital and practice that had a huge c section rate. Her v back daughter, natural, was born in NJ last Saturday, (but named Quinn!)
Of course it hugely depends on the practice, I never said otherwise! But, for the general population, using obstetricians at hospitals, it is relatively rare, especially compared to how it works in large parts of Europe, to go much past 40 weeks. I have two kids myself, both born past 40 weeks in the US. The one born with an OB they started talking induction at 39 weeks, the one with a midwife they would have let me go to 42 weeks assuming no complications. I have lots of friends with kids, in California and otherwise - and on average, with an OB, they will start making plans for an induction around 40 weeks and strongly suggest it shortly thereafter. I do agree it would misleading to add induction and C section rates since there is significant overlap.

That all said - the court didn't actually come out and announce the Te Deum, did they? I don't see anything on their website - this seems like something the papers/tabloids got a hold of and blew up. Of course they need to make arrangements for the service ahead of time and let people know - and they probably also let them know that it's a tentative date, with back up dates. I am sure this happened for Estelle's birth as well, but the papers just didn't get a hold of the information until afterwards and by then it wasn't news.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Courtier

GG:Makes me glad it's not only Americans who can be called "ignorant."

Thank GG< I needed a great laugh today and your so right, and I might add *arrogant* to your comment.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

No need to worry about the Te Deum date anymore - the baby has been born:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4-a-36497.html

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine