The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen has new photos of Madeleine walking with Chris (who is smoking) in snowy New York. They went to a cafe. Expressen tells that now when Madeleine is close to giving birth, she has during the last weeks worked less than before and spent a lot of time at their new home. Even Chris seems to have had a lot of free time. Madeleine has also been walking alone and one day she spent an afternoon at a beauty salon specialized in nail care.

According to Expressen the couple bought a spacious apartment on one of Manhattan's most exclusive addresses. The home is described as a luxury complex with gym, wine cellar and roof terrace. The lobby has personal around the clock and the staff helps the residents with practically everything. In addition there is a communal wine cellar, a fitness center, a library that looks to be taken from an interior design magazine and a large furnished roof terrace at the top of the building where residents can gather around a fireplace.

Så här blir Madeleines nya babyliv i New York Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller

Translation

If you look at their photo's, you see they are wearing the same jacket brand. Anyone know which brand this is, with the three stripes on top of the hat?
I love how this couple copies each other (or Madde copying Chris) with the jackets, smoking, sunglasses, etc

Old 02-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Te Deum for Madeleine's daughter is on Sunday, 2nd March at 14.00 at the Royal Chapel. Svensk Damtidning has the invitation on it's website.
Extra–Extra–Extra–Extra Det blir Te deum för Madeleines baby 2 mars! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that giving birth in USA happens normally either with a c-section or labor induction, so that the day of giving birth is decided earlier.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I find it strange that things like that are already published, when the baby hasnt even been born, you always hope things go really well but you can never know.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

The baby will be here any day! I'm so excited! Can't wait for the name
Old 02-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I find it strange that things like that are already published, when the baby hasnt even been born, you always hope things go really well but you can never know.
Yes, it is strange. They are playing a dangerous game at the court. There seems to be much more fuss with the birth of Madeleine's daughter than when Estelle was born. Estelle was born, Daniel gave the press conference. And the Te Deum was told to be held on the next day after the cabinet meeting.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Aren't there some apartments now in NYC that are in smoke-free buildings meaning he can't even smoke in his own home? I recall that lady who fell off her balcony after lighting up and sitting on the railing as she could not smoke inside.
Yes, there are a lot of smoke-free buildings all over the country. I live in a smoke-free property, but that doesn't seem to stop people from smoking just beyond the fringes of the property. Being a former smoker, I do feel for those who are/will have a hard time quitting.

My cousin says that cigs are $8-9 per pack in NYC (she lives in da Bronx).

Anyway, my druthers would be that Christ and Madde would quit smoking, but they are young and when they start coughing up their lungs, they'll quit (probably).
Old 02-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree, you never know what may happen. Or maybe the baby is already here?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The Te Deum for Madeleine's daughter is on Sunday, 2nd March at 14.00 at the Royal Chapel. Svensk Damtidning has the invitation on it's website.
Extra–Extra–Extra–Extra Det blir Te deum för Madeleines baby 2 mars! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that giving birth in USA happens normally either with a c-section or labor induction, so that the day of giving birth is decided earlier.
Where did SD get the idea " that giving birth in USA happens normally either with a c-section or labor induction, so that the day of giving birth is decided earlier?"

I would argue that while there are women who want that, there are also A LOT more women who prefer to rely on good ole Mother Nature with regards to when the baby comes.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yes, it is strange. They are playing a dangerous game at the court. There seems to be much more fuss with the birth of Madeleine's daughter than when Estelle was born. Estelle was born, Daniel gave the press conference. And the Te Deum was told to be held on the next day after the cabinet meeting.
I dont understand the fuss about this pregnancy either, its the bla bla from the court that is creating the fuss, why? We have a swedish princess who has decided to marry an American, live in America and give birth in America, screams 'privacy' when being photographed in America, yet one can have the impression that everything surrunding the birth is more dramatic or hyped than Victoria's pregnancy.
How ridiculous is the reported pilgrimage of family members to New York when Madde didnt even bother to show up in Sweden when Victoria gave birth. I get the impression that Madde is very needy in terms of family- and press attention, Chris not so much. And I am dead sure that it won't take long that the family will be asking again for 'privacy in such a special time' while at the same time they are planning a big, televised christing in Sweden.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she has a planned c section: this invitation at the TE DEUM makes only sense with this explanation... Why would they have a planned mass before the baby is born thrn ?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think she has a planned c section: this invitation at the TE DEUM makes only sense with this explanation... Why would they have a planned mass before the baby is born thrn ?
I agree - they must have a date certain. But it might be a scheduled induction.

Although, I AM laughing at the Swedish press reporting that most U.S. births are scheduled - I've never heard such a thing! But this was the same press that suggested Chris's last company was doing something shady by incorporating in Delaware and conducting business in New York..

Makes me glad it's not only Americans who can be called "ignorant."

I'm a little surprised about the Te Deum - for a child born in NY, most likely will be raised in NY and from what I understand will never be in line for the throne.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that the court hsn't been very careful so far... even if Madeleine has a scheduled birth! Why would they send an invitation even before the announcement of the birth? They have arranged the things very badly.., smooth birth, the health of mother and baby are yet to be known and such things leaked?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Does the birth of Princess Madeleine's daughter straight up above?
Er fødslen af prinsesse Madeleines datter lige op over? | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...p-over&act=url

Quote:
Extra-Extra-Extra-Extra It's birth date for Madeleine's baby on March 2nd!
http://svenskdam.se/2014/02/extra-ex...s-baby-2-mars/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ars%2F&act=url
Old 02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Good heavens no.

It's always fun to smile at the stupid Americans who don't know the capital of Bulgaria or the capital city of Tirana.
Until...
You ask the average European: What's the capital city of California?
Or is Miami a state or a tribe?
In what state is the city of Washington located?
Then the smile sort of tends to stiffen.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Good heavens no.

It's always fun to smile at the stupid Americans who don't know the capital of Bulgaria or the capital city of Tirana.
Until...
You ask the average European: What's the capital city of California?
Or is Miami a state or a tribe?
In what state is the city of Washington located?
Then the smile sort of tends to stiffen.
Trick question. There are a lot of Washingtons in a lot of states though they aren't all cities.

If you are referring to Washington D.C., which I bet my paycheck you are, you would need to note that specifically. Someone like me would challenge the question, especially if money were involved.

FYI, I do not know the capital of Bulgaria or Tirana, but I do know the capital of many other European countries. :)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually Tirana IS the capital of Albania :-D
Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I agree - they must have a date certain. But it might be a scheduled induction.

Although, I AM laughing at the Swedish press reporting that most U.S. births are scheduled - I've never heard such a thing! But this was the same press that suggested Chris's last company was doing something shady by incorporating in Delaware and conducting business in New York..

I'm a little surprised about the Te Deum - for a child born in NY, most likely will be raised in NY and from what I understand will never be in line for the throne.
About a third of births are done with a C-section.
U.S. women waiting longer to have C-sections CDC - CBS News
Between 1990 and 2011, the overall frequency of labor induction more than doubled, rising from 9.5 to 23.2 percent
Principles of labor induction
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Annika Sönnerberg from the press department confirms the date to Expressen:
- We have sent these invitations so that the guests coming from far away have the chance to come. It takes time to plan.
But do you know that the child will be born until then?
- No, we don't know that. If princess Madeleine hasn't given birth before that of course there will not be any church service.
If Madeleine hasn't given birth until Friday next week, the court will decide a new date for Te Deum.
- Then we will send a new invitation, says Annika Sönnerberg.
It is planned that the whole royal family, besides Madeleine and the newborn, will attend at the church service.
Datumet spikat för Maddes baby-fest Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
Old 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Annika Sönnerberg from the press department confirms the date to Expressen:
- We have sent these invitations so that the guests coming from far away have the chance to come. It takes time to plan.
But do you know that the child will be born until then?
- No, we don't know that. If princess Madeleine hasn't given birth before that of course there will not be any church service.
If Madeleine hasn't given birth until Friday next week, the court will decide a new date for Te Deum.
- Then we will send a new invitation, says Annika Sönnerberg.
It is planned that the whole royal family, besides Madeleine and the newborn, will attend at the church service.
Datumet spikat för Maddes baby-fest Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation
They've got to be kidding, haven't they. Why is there so much communication on this matter? They keep talking themselves into trouble for no reason at all.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
About a third of births are done with a C-section.
U.S. women waiting longer to have C-sections CDC - CBS News
Between 1990 and 2011, the overall frequency of labor induction more than doubled, rising from 9.5 to 23.2 percent
Principles of labor induction
Using the same resource you used regarding induction, 1-3 percient of c-section births are done on maternal request, Cesarean delivery on maternal request.

So with 23.2% of births being induced, and 1-3% for maternal requested c-section, that equates to 24.2-27.2% of births are via induction or c-section. Not even a statistically significant number, thus would not be considered "normal."

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine